Neigh.hey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think IFS will create a few new techniques on the trails as well. If everyone’s experience is with SFA, the methods to overcome obstacles will be based on that prior experience. Bronco could really open up off-roading to new ways of thinking in this area. Might even help lesser IFS vehicles get further along using these new techniques.
I was drawn to this forum since apparently they have the most current photos and information about the new bronco (I've found), I appreciate that. This (above) is the problem...people thinking this new bronco is changing the world...and there has never been anything to have allowed you to do this before.

Not to hurt the feelings of poster, but damn, you don't realize there are tons of people that have vehicles with IFS and have been going to super difficult trails for many, many years. 'New techniques' that could open up off-roading to new ways? Jeezus, look at some off road vids on youtube for Australia guys. They have similar rangers to here, with lockers (really all you need is lockers, lift, winch, period). If you have not been off-road with a vehicle you have owned..and I mean off-road 'not on dirt road going 30mph'...please stop with saying rediculous stuff. uuugghh

Any knowledgeable person understands IFS is better on road (daily) and on high speed desert type terrain. SFA is better on rocky terrain where flexing is needed. F'ing physics son
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was drawn to this forum since apparently they have the most current photos and information about the new bronco (I've found), I appreciate that. This (above) is the problem...people thinking this new bronco is changing the world...and there has never been anything to have allowed you to do this before.

Not to hurt the feelings of poster, but damn, you don't realize there are tons of people that have vehicles with IFS and have been going to super difficult trails for many, many years. 'New techniques' that could open up off-roading to new ways? Jeezus, look at some off road vids on youtube for Australia guys. They have similar rangers to here, with lockers (really all you need is lockers, lift, winch, period). If you have not been off-road with a vehicle you have owned..and I mean off-road 'not on dirt road going 30mph'...please stop with saying rediculous stuff. uuugghh

Any knowledgeable person understands IFS is better on road (daily) and on high speed desert type terrain. SFA is better on rocky terrain where flexing is needed. F'ing physics son
I see post #15 also summarizes my point in a much nicer way and much shorter...f me
Aren't you a ball of fun. ?

Chizam

First Name
Ogbonnaya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hilux sr5 (4*4) 2006
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the shoutout! If anyone has any questions about what I wrote let me know. I get carried away in the details and sometimes don't write as clearly as I would like.
Please , between the Outer banks and the badlands , which model would have better On-road driving dynamics?

Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But can I make the Bronco front twerk on the highway?
Ford Bronco Excellent IFS vs SFA Article -- 2021 Bronco's Advantages In Having Independent Front Suspension vEfexRU

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the things that annoys me about jeeps is they always drive so slow. Trails, roads, doesn't matter. Always crawling along 10 or 20 below the limit. Hoping the bronco won't have this problem.
It shouldn't. I have been a mechanic for most of the last 25 years. SFA suspensions have the death wobble issues not long arm/short arm IFS. SFA suspensions also tend to have tracking issues. Usually being that the front end wanders going down the road and you have to make more corrections to keep it going straight. These issues get worse when there are worn suspension parts, that's when people start complaining about the death wobble.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please , between the Outer banks and the badlands , which model would have better On-road driving dynamics?
Either will be good daily drivers. IFS gives the best on road handling. The only difference's are the swaybar disconnect which you should not be using on road and the shocks. The Bilsteins are more off road capable.
Sponsored