Sponsored

EXCITED ABOUT MY 2021 BRONCO BADLANDS Build- Worried about what will change in 2022?

Pdaddy

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone please explain why GVWR is or could be an issue this year or whenever?
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The only thing I'm unhappy about as far as known changes go is the increased load capacity of the roof. I'll be easily running double the embarrassingly low 110 lbs number on the '21.

Aftermarket should take care of it though, even if it means drilling the roof to brace against the cage.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My BL build is perfect, whatever minor changes 22MY brings wonā€™t bother me

Have you asked Manuel what he thinks of this? šŸ˜‰
Juan and Jamal are twins
therefore
if youā€™ve seen Juan, youā€™ve seen Jamal

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've ordered my BaseSquatch, I'd gladly take a 2021!.... but my Aug res is not likely gonna make it....
I'm mostly worried about Ford excluding the good options, such as 2.7 and Squatch, on the Base.
The 40k price point I'm very happy with.... I'd like to stay there.
2nd worry is they'll discontinue AMBlue and there won't be another choice I like, or not offer it on the Base.
I am looking forward to increased MY22 colors and options, just hope it doesn't screw me!
More tire/wheel/axle options would be welcomed. I see an option like a step down from Squatch specs a real possibility for Ford to meet MPG requirements, ease the demand for the hi-end drivetrain parts, but still give 'the look'.
Ford IS listening and learning from what buyers are after.... they are sure to offer us more choices in the coming years.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think we have to worry about anything. Once we start driving our Badlands, we won't even think about what's going on with the Bronco for a few years. We'll be having way too much fun!

Sponsored

dbweb

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As slow as this whole process seems to sometimes be taking, my biggest worry is that my 2022 will end up being a 2023.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a 2DR WT, I'm almost certainly facing a huge price increase. I like MIC, but I'm 99% sure that if the mod tops are available they will mandate them, so even BEFORE any price adjustment I'm looking at $2k+ increase. That said, I would go for a green if it doesn't suck.

Reactions: abe

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone please explain why GVWR is or could be an issue this year or whenever?
this forum seems to think some models only have 900lbs of payload. and apparently theres a large demand to fill a bronco with 5 adults and a 2000lb trailer.

In any case, Im fairly certain this forum has somehow entirely misread the data and missed that its 900lbs AFTER accounting for 300lbs of passengers and a full tank of gas. which leaves a very reasonable payload of 900lbs. but the talking point continues to circulate like a bad penny
GVWR is how much the Bronco is officially said to be able to carry.

Lots of back of the napkin estimations early on had a few people panicked the payload number would basically be zero.

Then when the official numbers came out, and were in line with Jeep Wranglers, that same crowd decided it as an affront to God and if they went camping with the wife even once, the DOT police were going to pull them over and take away their birthday.

https://www.bronco6g.com/2021-bronco-gvwr-ford-qa-and-weight-payload-details/

Last edited:

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a 2DR WT, I'm almost certainly facing a huge price increase. I like MIC, but I'm 99% sure that if the mod tops are available they will mandate them, so even BEFORE any price adjustment I'm looking at $2k+ increase. That said, I would go for a green if it doesn't suck.
I went WT basically because they stepped down from the modular top to MIC which dropped the price below BL. I really will never use any of the made for rock crawling stuff on BL. There's basically just mud around here. I am worried about having to agonize for months again on my build if they mandate mod top again šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm waiting for '22 and I'm a tad concerned of the price increase and hoping they don't get rid of Base Squatch.
I am hoping they offer a cool green, body colored top and maybe some more interior and exterior options.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

this forum seems to think some models only have 900lbs of payload. and apparently theres a large demand to fill a bronco with 5 adults and a 2000lb trailer.

In any case, Im fairly certain this forum has somehow entirely misread the data and missed that its 900lbs AFTER accounting for 300lbs of passengers and a full tank of gas. which leaves a very reasonable payload of 900lbs. but the talking point continues to circulate like a bad penny
After seeing pictures of a car seat at KOH, i donā€™t think 3 adults can fit in the back seat.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only question is if Ford will take the opportunity to pad their bottom line with a price increase.
Sponsored