First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Turbo and Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in 2020 when the news came out about the new Bronco I was so excited and wanted to get in on the action. I knew that it would take time, but that was not an issue. I also understood that by jumping on the offer to order right away you would get a better deal than waiting until they were on a lot.

Everything was going great until September 2022 when I was told my price was not good anymore even though I had signed documents, money down and an email from Ford saying our price was good until 2023.

What happens now is the "sticker" price is higher and the that is what the auto loan will be based on even though we "may" get a reimbursement down the road. Once again shady dealers and auto manufactures win they day!

What happened to the days when people and or companies stood by their word? Why take a great experience and kick it to the curb?

Now my fun experience has been destroyed and I need to decide if I can move forward with the purchase of a vehicle that I put together.

Thank you Ford and local dealership for ruining my experience.

Advertisement

rtazz17

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yup,you are one of 1000s with same issue. BS

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Acura RL, H-D FLHTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in 2020 when the news came out about the new Bronco I was so excited and wanted to get in on the action. I knew that it would take time, but that was not an issue. I also understood that by jumping on the offer to order right away you would get a better deal than waiting until they were on a lot.

Everything was going great until September 2022 when I was told my price was not good anymore even though I had signed documents, money down and an email from Ford saying our price was good until 2023.

What happens now is the "sticker" price is higher and the that is what the auto loan will be based on even though we "may" get a reimbursement down the road. Once again shady dealers and auto manufactures win they day!

What happened to the days when people and or companies stood by their word? Why take a great experience and kick it to the curb?

Now my fun experience has been destroyed and I need to decide if I can move forward with the purchase of a vehicle that I put together.

Thank you Ford and local dealership for ruining my experience.
This is how it works - and has been discussed at length on this forum for quite some time. You may wish to review some of those threads to gain more insight.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So is this another "my dealer said" posts?

Follow @Blue Bronco advice above, print it out along with the Ford FAQs and take to your dealer.

Advertisement

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's not how this works. At all.

Assuming you actually ordered before the magical mystical date of 19 March 2021, the way it works is:

Sticker price is MSRP for MY 23. There is a certificate with your name on it in SmartVincent for the difference between My21 and MY23. It comes off right at purchase.

Basically the certificate works exactly like a "Factory Rebate" but only for you. This is actually really GOOD, because it is super easy for the dealer to apply.

Now if you ordered the first week of April 2021 like I did, they yeah, you are boned, because some reservation holders are more special than others.

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What happened to the days when people and or companies stood by their word?
Stockholders

I’m not begrudging it, that’s capitalism in the era we live. Is what it is. But that’s the least complicated answer. Companies are beholden to stock holders; not customers.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stockholders

I’m not begrudging it, that’s capitalism in the era we live. Is what it is. But that’s the least complicated answer. Companies are beholden to stock holders; not customers.
Or the result of forces trying to destroy capitalism.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stockholders
Companies are beholden to stock holders; not customers.
Capitol gains are given favorable tax treatment over dividends. This causes companies to chase "shareholder value" (short term stock price) as opposed to long term profitability.

As a shareholder, I think that the way Ford has treated it's reservation holders is bad for the "Ford Brand" and thus bad for the long term profitability of the company.
Advertisement