Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

this makes the decision to get a 4door vs 2 door that much harder. Im never going to go rock crawling like this but it seemed like the 4 door and the 2 door are pretty much the same length and both get caught up on their stomachs

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
Ehhh, the 2 door seemed a little more nimble to me.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am guessing the guy in the long Jeep shirt works for one of the Rubicon Trail tour businesses. If we look closely at the TFL Rubicon on Rubicon videos we may see the same spotter and the guy with the Jeep shirt.
TFL says in their video that they recognize the same spotters from when then ran the rubicon during organized events.

brettclutch

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never driven a manual rock crawling before and could see how it could be a nightmare, even for something that is half as difficult as the rubicon trail that maybe I would go on (I don't plan hard rock crawling like this with my baby, but advanced trails in the colorado mtn's sure!). I had previously talked myself out of the manual for that reason. Now, this has me doubting if that was a valid excuse to shift to Auto + Twin Turbo V6 since these guys seem to be doing a great job in the manueeeellllllls.

brettclutch

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also I was hoping to hear the exhaust in normal form of the v6! These both appear to be 4 poppers and sound like a ranger.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watch these videos and think “man I love the way the Bronco looks and the powerplant but maybe im looking to buy the wrong vehicle.”

Not trying to be a dick when I say that but I would rather tow 5k than go 1mph over rocks while killing my vehicle.
I hear that. If you don’t go off-road ever (not just rocks) this may be the wrong vehicle for you.

Keep in mind that they made this thing with IFS to cover all bases of off-road at a respectable level not just trail riding.

The IFS and longer wheelbase will be pretty nice for desert and backroads. Definite a great platform for a lighter expedition set up.

The 4door fits what I want/need for a daily but I’m not going to even park it close to a rock. With that said, unless some horrible reliability stories pop up , I’ll be getting the a Bronco just for the platform and just-in-case comfort. If I didn’t need a diesel to tow a gooseneck and had to pick one vehicle, I would pick would be a raptor but since I have a truck, this looks like a cool daily driver.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never driven a manual rock crawling before and could see how it could be a nightmare, even for something that is half as difficult as the rubicon trail that maybe I would go on (I don't plan hard rock crawling like this with my baby, but advanced trails in the colorado mtn's sure!). I had previously talked myself out of the manual for that reason. Now, this has me doubting if that was a valid excuse to shift to Auto + Twin Turbo V6 since these guys seem to be doing a great job in the manueeeellllllls.
If you want a serious manual crawler, the only option really is a dual transfer case. I have a buddy with a 4Runner that has one. Crawl ratio is like 225:1 I think he said? Now that will crawl up anything. The 95:1 on the Bronco will do darn well don’t get me wrong, but you’re still gonna be eating up your clutch sometimes.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear that. If you don’t go off-road ever (not just rocks) this may be the wrong vehicle for you.

Keep in mind that they made this thing with IFS to cover all bases of off-road at a respectable level not just trail riding.

The IFS and longer wheelbase will be pretty nice for desert and backroads. Definite a great platform for a lighter expedition set up.

The 4door fits what I want/need for a daily but I’m not going to even park it close to a rock. With that said, unless some horrible reliability stories pop up , I’ll be getting the a Bronco just for the platform and just-in-case comfort. If I didn’t need a diesel to tow a gooseneck and had to pick one vehicle, I would pick would be a raptor but since I have a truck, this looks like a cool daily driver.
I mean the whole issue I have and it was probably me being naive is from the start I thought "damn the Bronco should be an open top vehicle that can tow". I always thought of the Bronco as a big hulking SUV not an offroad SUV. I think of 80s Broncos not 70s Broncos due to my age.

Now I'm in a weird spot where I sold my 4runner, I love the looks of the Bronco, but in reality it doesn't check all my usage boxes. But there is nothing that does except a new weak engined 4runner... lol

My "offroading" will likely be limited to driving up a mountain to a cabin, playing in a little dirt, or snow driving.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve known a few guys who were stubbornly loyal to manual on principle only. Once they switched to auto, they didn’t go back.
when you start getting into critical climbs, heel toeing the brake and clutch while your rear tires are on a ledge 4’ up with about 3” of roll back space before you dump it on the lid, is anything but fun. Then hopefully you have the composure not to dump the clutch and bash whatever is in front of you or kill your spotter.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean the whole issue I have and it was probably me being naive is from the start I thought "damn the Bronco should be an open top vehicle that can tow". I always thought of the Bronco as a big hulking SUV not an offroad SUV. I think of 80s Broncos not 70s Broncos due to my age.

Now I'm in a weird spot where I sold my 4runner, I love the looks of the Bronco, but in reality it doesn't check all my usage boxes. But there is nothing that does except a new weak engined 4runner... lol

My "offroading" will likely be limited to driving up a mountain to a cabin, playing in a little dirt, or snow driving.
Guess you can wait for the new blazer which, in my opinion, Chevy has to make now.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess you can wait for the new blazer which, in my opinion, Chevy has to make now.
Ill probably buy the Bronco no matter what as I have an early FE on the Granger deal. If I dont like it Ill just sell it.

Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Am I the only one that watches the videos and think "meh"? Kind of just looks like a slightly less capable Jeep.

No sir. You are not. And this is a little concerning to me. Was the sway still engaged??? Not trying to start a flame war, but I expected a little more movement in the front end.

Granted, the 2 door vid looked like it had a little more articulation.

Ford Bronco Exclusive 6+ Minutes of Bronco Badlands Rock Crawling Action on Rubicon Trail NoFlex4Door

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The spotter is the real MVP here. What a pro.
Rules of Crawling

1) Have a good spotter
2) Listen to your spotter
3) No seriously, listen to your friggin' spotter!

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No sir. You are not. And this is a little concerning to me. Was the sway still engaged??? Not trying to start a flame war, but I expected a little more movement in the front end.

Granted, the 2 door vid looked like it had a little more articulation.

Ford Bronco Exclusive 6+ Minutes of Bronco Badlands Rock Crawling Action on Rubicon Trail NoFlex4Door
It’s easy to get caught up in the hype. This is a vehicle made for everyone in the market and just so happens to have some pretty decent capabilities mixed in with a ton of creature comforts.

If ford was only worried about it wheeling, they’d have used superduty axles, a v8, made the wheelbase somewhere between the 2 and 4 door, lightened the vehicle, Slapped some 37-39”s on it, made it more narrow and brought the belly up a foot while keeping the roof the same height.

This is not replacing the Jeep. Ford obviously isn’t trying to replace the Jeep. But there is so much untapped market share in that Area, they were wise to get into it.
Plus, jeeps have gotten so shitty over the years with no real competition keeping them honest, it will be good for the Jeep guys as well.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one that watches the videos and think "meh"? Kind of just looks like a slightly less capable Jeep.
Well, idk ..looking at this footage of a stock Jeep rubicon on the Rubicon Trail ..very comparable, except Bronco might be more balanced vehicle.Stock Jeep Rubicon on the Rubicon

BeardVendetta

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion Tc, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome. Before making any purchase, seeing this Bronco in full action just convinced me to do such investment.:cool: Looking forward to see it with the Sasquatch Package?
Sponsored