Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine is a 2008 so different chassis, terrible suspension, terrible tires, with zero weight on the rear. Quite confident the Bronco will fair better.
Ahhh! Reminds me of my old HiLux!

Live the dream then!
Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was good to see that the CV joints on that IFS front end will survive even when you put the power down with the steering wheel cut hard.
Yeah not gonna lie when I saw the tires just spinning I was waiting on the all too common CLUNK. Looks more than capable for the overlanding I plan to do with the extra capabilities just in case.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hmm were they using the trail turn control on some of the runs? Just watch the last vid he made it look easy.
The last vid (convertible) is a manual, so no trail turn. That was lockers and crawler gear in action.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one that watches the videos and think "meh"? Kind of just looks like a slightly less capable Jeep.
I watch these videos and think “man I love the way the Bronco looks and the powerplant but maybe im looking to buy the wrong vehicle.”

Not trying to be a dick when I say that but I would rather tow 5k than go 1mph over rocks while killing my vehicle.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The spotter is the real MVP here. What a pro.
I am guessing the guy in the long Jeep shirt works for one of the Rubicon Trail tour businesses. If we look closely at the TFL Rubicon on Rubicon videos we may see the same spotter and the guy with the Jeep shirt.

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am guessing the guy in the long Jeep shirt works for one of the Rubicon Trail tour businesses. If we look closely at the TFL Rubicon on Rubicon videos we may see the same spotter and the guy with the Jeep shirt.
I thought the same. You can tell he has experience on the trail and knows it well. A good spotter is worth their weight in gold.

rbernard1984

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63s Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did not read the whole thread and maybe other have commented this, but the videos clearly highlight how crappy a tire Goodyear makes. Hopefully other options are available...

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reading the comments in this thread is almost as entertaining as the videos themselves. I see a wide range of reactions to the videos.

My reaction? The Bronco appears to be able to do everything a stock vehicle should be able to do. The Rubicon trail is a brutal test for a stock, highway capable vehicle. If you want to take on trails like this often, you definitely want a lift, so that you drag the undercarriage less, and have a more enjoyable run.

Sponsored

Wheelsick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow- cool vids, I live for off-road daily in the Colorado mountains. (Rubicon, sidexside & Moto) Love to see these rigs attempt the holy cross trail with a few mods & winch ? ? aftermarket is going to be insain for these rigs. Can’t wait !! Jeepforsale
Ford Bronco Exclusive 6+ Minutes of Bronco Badlands Rock Crawling Action on Rubicon Trail C8C8C730-0F7C-4B56-A6CC-984116DD8C06

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What great videos! These videos prove that a stock Bronco has much more capability then I am willing to utilize.
I agree with “The Spotter” comments, that guy deserves a beer!!
Looking forward to the arrival of the Bronco to cruise to the hunting, fishing, hiking, and mountain biking trails.
It’s going to be a lot of fun on the logging roads.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i love how the guy with the laptop in the passenger seat was just reading and recording all the data. using all that info on such a difficult trail will make the Bronco's traction system and inputs from the the driver that much better. wonder if they were able to get data on the suspension travel as well. makes for a better tested truck.

also note that the guy driving the manual bronco only clicked on the front locker when he got to the top. he wasn't using it to go up the rocks, just when he got hung up a bit at the top.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this makes the decision to get a 4door vs 2 door that much harder. Im never going to go rock crawling like this but it seemed like the 4 door and the 2 door are pretty much the same length and both get caught up on their stomachs

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
Sponsored