Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I mean the whole issue I have and it was probably me being naive is from the start I thought "damn the Bronco should be an open top vehicle that can tow". I always thought of the Bronco as a big hulking SUV not an offroad SUV. I think of 80s Broncos not 70s Broncos due to my age.

Now I'm in a weird spot where I sold my 4runner, I love the looks of the Bronco, but in reality it doesn't check all my usage boxes. But there is nothing that does except a new weak engined 4runner... lol

My "offroading" will likely be limited to driving up a mountain to a cabin, playing in a little dirt, or snow driving.
Gladiator - topless and can tow ...
Grand Cherokee
Defender

There are a lot of Jeep (mostly Sahara) drivers out there who like the rugged looks and the capability reputation but use them exactly as you describe or less.

This is why Ford has multiple models for multiple uses - the Badlands is more than you need and that is OK.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never driven a manual rock crawling before and could see how it could be a nightmare, even for something that is half as difficult as the rubicon trail that maybe I would go on (I don't plan hard rock crawling like this with my baby, but advanced trails in the colorado mtn's sure!). I had previously talked myself out of the manual for that reason. Now, this has me doubting if that was a valid excuse to shift to Auto + Twin Turbo V6 since these guys seem to be doing a great job in the manueeeellllllls.
I drove an old CJ5 with stock 3 speed manual trans and rather crummy crawl ratio. But what made that vehicle decent to drive off-road was the Dauntless V6 with heavy flywheel. That thing just didn't want to die no matter how low I got with the rpm crawling up something. I got to know the feel/sound of that motor real well, and that made a difference not having to gun it much, or worry when I saw the rpm getting low in the slow stuff. Other lesser motor combos - would be stalling more often. We will have to see how the manual and 2.3L do in the Bronco. But it was nice to see Ford taking that combo on the trail. I thought for a stock setup it did well. Mostly I think new Bronco owners will have to keep an eye when off-roading on that front diff/suspension skid plate area, because that could take a beating.

Mrknowitall

Base
First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R 6spd, '10 Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't the 4 Door spec'd as a Badlandlands on 33s with (Sasquatch Package) 4.7 final drive ratio and a Manual Transmission?

Maybe they're listening....
Yeah, unless I missed something, the 4-door isn't supposed to be available with the MT in any trim. The tire on the back is the 33" BFG, but the tires on the ground looked like they had that diagonal tread pattern of the Sasquatch tires have.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, unless I missed something, the 4-door isn't supposed to be available with the MT in any trim. The tire on the back is the 33" BFG, but the tires on the ground looked like they had that diagonal tread pattern of the Sasquatch tires have.
You missed something.

Sponsored

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The base 4 door is not available with the MT. Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Badlands 4 doors are available with the MT.

The Goodyear Wrangler MT tires available in the Sasquatch package as 35" tires will be an option on the Badlands in 33" version. Stock on the Badlands is the BFG KO2.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haven't read through all the comments, but did anyone else notice all the gear in the back of the 2 door? Looks like they either removed the seats or they are folded flat correctly on this one.
yes!!! looks great!
Ford Bronco Exclusive 6+ Minutes of Bronco Badlands Rock Crawling Action on Rubicon Trail Untitled

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

correct, you have missed something. auto standard for 4 dr base, FE (2dr/4dr), wildtrak (2dr,4dr), and outerbanks (2dr, 4dr). basically, anything that comes with the 2.7L engine requires the auto. the base 4dr is the exception.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As has been discussed, we have known that Bronco will not be as capable in the rocks as a wrangler rubicon stock vs stock purely due to the IFS. What we haven’t seen is how close to the Jeep it will be, which IMO these videos shows it to be pretty darn close to a rubicon. But if it does indeed drive way better, does better at speed and washboarded roads... that’s gonna be a huge advantage.

35” tires will be a double edge sword. The ability to air down more and additional traction/ground clearance provided will of course be a big advantage. However, Sasquatch broncos are limited in articulation. Hence why these guys were running the 33’s.
Hey, all three made it through with factory stock options, which is Jeeps alleged claim to fame though I’ve never seen videos of a factory stock Rubicon making it through, which I’m sure is purely because I’ve never tried to look. While there may be some limits obviously to the IFS, requiring a different line, all irrelevant once they got to the end of the trail. IFS is better on the road and better at hitting any kind of uneven surface at speed, there’s no debating that, so they can both tackle the Rubi and you’ll have a better ride once you leave the trail in the Bronco. I’ll take that as a win.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

correct, you have missed something. auto standard for 4 dr base, FE (2dr/4dr), wildtrak (2dr,4dr), and outerbanks (2dr, 4dr). basically, anything that comes with the 2.7L engine requires the auto. the base 4dr is the exception.
I believe he meant MT as in mud terrain not manual trans.

Sponsored

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plenty of Jeeps for sale, you’re buying a Bronco then because....? Fear of missing out? Like to ride a good band wagon while it’s hot? Making good use of the ignore button from that post and it’s likers. Sheesh.
I'm interested in buying but not completely sold. The Bronco will have a list of issues and negative aspects. Nothing wrong with being critical and making observations. In my opinion that's completely opposite of bandwagon.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You missed something.
Badlands lists the 33 MTs as available option but I don’t think we’ll know for sure if 4 door excludes them without the build tool.
Ford Bronco Exclusive 6+ Minutes of Bronco Badlands Rock Crawling Action on Rubicon Trail 1B4189E4-2FB3-4A58-843B-59F8C4030BA3

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey, all three made it through with factory stock options, which is Jeeps alleged claim to fame though I’ve never seen videos of a factory stock Rubicon making it through, which I’m sure is purely because I’ve never tried to look. While there may be some limits obviously to the IFS, requiring a different line, all irrelevant once they got to the end of the trail. IFS is better on the road and better at hitting any kind of uneven surface at speed, there’s no debating that, so they can both tackle the Rubi and you’ll have a better ride once you leave the trail in the Bronco. I’ll take that as a win.
There are videos of stock Rubicons out there on 33's as well. They all make it through with the same amount of banging, scraping, and trial and error as the Bronco.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gladiator - topless and can tow ...
Grand Cherokee
Defender

There are a lot of Jeep (mostly Sahara) drivers out there who like the rugged looks and the capability reputation but use them exactly as you describe or less.

This is why Ford has multiple models for multiple uses - the Badlands is more than you need and that is OK.
6'7" and a Jeep is death in a collision unfortunately.
Sponsored