Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are videos of stock Rubicons out there on 33's as well. They all make it through with the same amount of banging, scraping, and trial and error as the Bronco.
Figured there were, just never decided to prove out with a search. I’ve heard a lot of people claim mythical status of stock Rubicons making it through “without a scratch.” I call BS on that. Smashes and crashes are unavoidable in that situation, even with a spotter and experienced driver.
Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I watch these videos and think “man I love the way the Bronco looks and the powerplant but maybe im looking to buy the wrong vehicle.”

Not trying to be a dick when I say that but I would rather tow 5k than go 1mph over rocks while killing my vehicle.
Your not. And you should buy another vehicle.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Figured there were, just never decided to prove out with a search. I’ve heard a lot of people claim mythical status of stock Rubicons making it through “without a scratch.” I call BS on that. Smashes and crashes are unavoidable in that situation, even with a spotter and experienced driver.
Check Post #151 on this thread a few pages ago. There is a good video there of it.

SCH

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello, brand new member here and am enjoying the site. I was initially disappointed about the IFS but for 99% of what most people will do it’s probably a better option. I’ve run the Rubicon twice and I can tell you it’s no joke. New Broncos looked good on it.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think a MT badlands maybe what I need vs a BD. Nice to see that they had a video of a MT Bronco.

I will rig up my own front dig.
I have NO DOUBT that even if FORD does not include "trail assist" for manuals, that the AFTERMARKET will make it available.

Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The marketing dude already confirmed 3500 max on all trims for 2021. Maybe in 2022.
I can live with that. My Original Bronco only had 2000# towing, and we did a lot with that.

It will still happily launch my 5000# Center Console, which is fine. I won't be towing it aorund town with the Bronk.

Diamond1980

Wildtrak
First Name
ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You've seen the previous photos and short video morsels from the 2021 Broncos running the Rubicon Trail at the following threads:

First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics)
Pics: Bronco Battle Scars From Completing Rubicon Trail

Now we bring you 6+ exclusive minutes of rock crawling action featuring 2 of the 3 Broncos that completed the Rubicon Trail (all 3 did it). Thanks to Captain Tony for these videos.

4-Door specs:
Badlands, manual transmission, optional 33" Goodyear MT tires, Ford Performance beadlock wheels & rings. The manual transmission on the Badlands has a 4.70 gear ratio.

2-Door specs:
Badlands, auto transmission, 33" BFG AT tires, standard wheels, Ford Performance steel modular front bumper. The auto transmission on the Badlands has a 4.46 gear ratio.

As you saw in the photos from the other threads above, there was also a 4-door Badlands with Sasquatch Package and Ford performance beadlock wheels & rings, but we don't have a good crawling video of that, yet.

Enjoy!

now that's what i'm talking about going off road see what's what!
Are you seeing this Dodge!?

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm interested in buying but not completely sold. The Bronco will have a list of issues and negative aspects. Nothing wrong with being critical and making observations. In my opinion that's completely opposite of bandwagon.
You may or may not be wrong with that comment.
True....most (all actually) new vehicles have issues in their first year, and some worse than others.

The reason I think (my opinion) this may be the exception to the rule though, is because Ford is using a lot of previous components in the Bronco.
Plus they are actively and aggressively testing the snot out of the Bronco well ahead of the release date. Sure new cars are tested well before their release, but I can honestly say I have never seen any tested like this out in the open public. Usually they get tested on secret tracks and back parking lots. Ford is knowingly letting everyone see them testing and beating on it.
Keep in mind that there is still time to make the tweaks and such to clear up any bugs and glitches before production next Spring.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great spotter. Although my stomach dropped a little when he ran in front of the Bronco just as it started accelerating

Definitely the most fun you can have at 1 mph

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Exclusive 6+ Minutes of Bronco Badlands Rock Crawling Action on Rubicon Trail B000BD5F-040B-4B31-8565-DCC3A189EDDF

So if the Badlands didn’t come with the steel modular bumper, I wouldn’t pay for it as an option. In this pic the bumper is bent and the frame bit (probably for collision protection) is bent too. Looks like a steel plate aftermarket bumper that protects that frame bit is the way to go.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m an old Navy Corpsman, and I can attest the efficiency and thoroughness of the Marine Corps ability to push anything to its limits. I have some HMMWV Stories... (HMMWV... GI Joe talk for Hummer) best time in my life was as a young Heavy Guns Platoon Doc!

I want to see a 5 foot drop test of the bronco!
Corpsmen saved my life on three occasions.

Thanks Doc.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You may or may not be wrong with that comment.
True....most (all actually) new vehicles have issues in their first year, and some worse than others.

The reason I think (my opinion) this may be the exception to the rule though, is because Ford is using a lot of previous components in the Bronco.
Plus they are actively and aggressively testing the snot out of the Bronco well ahead of the release date. Sure new cars are tested well before their release, but I can honestly say I have never seen any tested like this out in the open public. Usually they get tested on secret tracks and back parking lots. Ford is knowingly letting everyone see them testing and beating on it.
Keep in mind that there is still time to make the tweaks and such to clear up any bugs and glitches before production next Spring.
First year unreliability is not a rule, it's a trope, based on decades old anecdotal information. First year modern cars have similar reliability to carryover models.

"J.D. Power’s Vehicle Dependability Study often ranks first-year models at or near the top of their segments for 3-year dependability. On average, the last few Vehicle Dependability studies prove that first-year models don’t fare any better or worse than their longer-running rivals. "

https://www.autotrader.com/car-tips...n average, the last few,re going to be subpar.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this makes the decision to get a 4door vs 2 door that much harder. Im never going to go rock crawling like this but it seemed like the 4 door and the 2 door are pretty much the same length and both get caught up on their stomachs

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
If you want it to get somewhere and that location is your the point of your trip, go 4 door. If the “getting there” is the point of your trip, and the location doesn’t matter, go 2 door. Meaning 2 door will be a better wheeler in general.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
First year unreliability is not a rule, it's a trope, based on decades old anecdotal information. First year modern cars have similar reliability to carryover models.

"J.D. Power’s Vehicle Dependability Study often ranks first-year models at or near the top of their segments for 3-year dependability. On average, the last few Vehicle Dependability studies prove that first-year models don’t fare any better or worse than their longer-running rivals. "

https://www.autotrader.com/car-tips/buying-a-car-should-i-avoid-the-first-model-year-213442#:~:text=On average, the last few,re going to be subpar.
If you look at 1st year models here you see they do have a trend of having many problems that get resolved in newer models...

https://www.carcomplaints.com/

I would say though the bronco already has a tested and proved drive train which is where many of the complaints lie.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say though the bronco already has a tested and proved drive train which is where many of the complaints lie.
I have these same concerns but I agree with your logic. Looks like most of the technology is recycled from other vehicles as well. Safety, interior and things like the top leaking are more likely. But who knows. It’s always a gamble.
Sponsored