Sponsored

NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very curious to hear from folks after they get theirs installed. How they compare to the typical aftermarket Pod Ditch lights, etc..
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very curious to hear from folks after they get theirs installed. How they compare to the typical aftermarket Pod Ditch lights, etc..
The big draw for me is less glare off the hood when the lights are on the mirror, and from the images they've posted it looks like there's very minimal light spilled on the hood. Problem with A-pillar mounted pod lights is that if you get any meaningful flood pattern directed where they should be, it's all going to spill onto your hood and blind you. The brightest pod lights money can buy are meaningless if your hood is illuminated so much that it causes your pupils to constrict and reduce your night vision. My desert taco has a one piece white fiberglass hood (the really wide trophy truck style) and a traditional lightbar setup above the windshield throws so much light back into the cab that you can actually see better at night with it off...I ended up moving the lightbar further back so the roof kept the light off the hood and it was a major improvement. Same concept applies here, save the A-pillar mounts for a pair of LEP pods (laser) that don't spill light on the hood.

If you'd like, I'll post a few pics after I get mine installed. I'll see if I can scrounge up a pair of pods for comparison.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The big draw for me is less glare off the hood when the lights are on the mirror, and from the images they've posted it looks like there's very minimal light spilled on the hood. Problem with A-pillar mounted pod lights is that if you get any meaningful flood pattern directed where they should be, it's all going to spill onto your hood and blind you. The brightest pod lights money can buy are meaningless if your hood is illuminated so much that it causes your pupils to constrict and reduce your night vision. My desert taco has a one piece white fiberglass hood (the really wide trophy truck style) and a traditional lightbar setup above the windshield throws so much light back into the cab that you can actually see better at night with it off...I ended up moving the lightbar further back so the roof kept the light off the hood and it was a major improvement. Same concept applies here, save the A-pillar mounts for a pair of LEP pods (laser) that don't spill light on the hood.

If you'd like, I'll post a few pics after I get mine installed. I'll see if I can scrounge up a pair of pods for comparison.
I have pods now with elevated mounting points so I am familiar with what they look like when in use. I also aim mine more laterally to minimize that hood glare. I always roll my eyes when I see videos of people that mount them facing directly forward. I'm mainly curious is they work as well as illuminating the peripheral area. Are they comparable with the brightness as the Pods and being able to see in those areas.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My mirrors are normally folded when offroad, so I really expect this to be zone lighting to the side of the bronco only and the ditch lights to do the bulk of the work for actual driving. The nice thing is the mirror can be adjusted while in the vehicle, or outside easily to throw light where it is needed. I doubt these will replace the need for true ditch lights.

Chrisr24

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just received my IAG interior lights and they tap into a wire under the dash that turns them on when the door opens per instructions. Im sure you can tap into that same wire with the puddle lights.

Sponsored

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just received my IAG interior lights and they tap into a wire under the dash that turns them on when the door opens per instructions. Im sure you can tap into that same wire with the puddle lights.
Yes, this should work. We are going to test it out on Monday to confirm.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we use any of the AUX switches for theses lights? The specs say there is a 2 amp draw. Does this mean we can use any switch that has a greater than 2 amp fuse (which is all of them)?

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can we use any of the AUX switches for theses lights? The specs say there is a 2 amp draw. Does this mean we can use any switch that has a greater than 2 amp fuse (which is all of them)?
Correct!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was a cold, wet day, but I got them installed. Pretty easy.

Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS C6AFBDC4-7D75-4DF8-A778-E32CD48DEF6B
Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS 4E3BD070-89FC-42D4-A33A-DE59042BE474

OP
OP
OracleLights

OracleLights

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
waiting on Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have pods now with elevated mounting points so I am familiar with what they look like when in use. I also aim mine more laterally to minimize that hood glare. I always roll my eyes when I see videos of people that mount them facing directly forward. I'm mainly curious is they work as well as illuminating the peripheral area. Are they comparable with the brightness as the Pods and being able to see in those areas.
Had a chance to try them tonight. They're about like a slightly floody flashlight, the beam profile is round with a gradually increasing hot spot toward the center, so you get some light going down as well as above. Illumination wise they seem to be more or less on par with the headlights. For me, the LH pattern is just about in line with the mirror itself, so if you look just above the mirror that's where the center is. RH side is centered just to the right of the trail sight. I caught a tiny bit of light reflected off the trail sight when I turned them on, but it's almost negligible. Didn't see any light spill on the hood at all, might have been a small amount on the curve of the quarter panel but again, negligible. Beam pattern doesn't mesh with the headlight pattern, there's some gap there, but in my case I have some pods in the bumper that already fill that space. It's completely illuminated everywhere from the center out a little bit past the mirror.

Certainly enough to replace a ditch light, but not if you're going to fold the mirrors back.

Cool bonus, it's a movable spotlight if you reach out and aim it where you want, out to almost 90deg with the mirror folded. It'll hold whatever position you leave it at up to 75mph on a dirt road. No additional wind noise noticed on the highway at those speeds either.

Wasn't super impressed with the way everything went together, but it's together. The two screws are certainly a necessary step to keep it looking flush to the frame. Had to smack it a few times to get the bottom panel lines to match with the frame, enough that my puddle lights fell out in the process LOL

You really gotta fish for that wire going through the pivot tube too, it's a pretty tight fit on a lux with all the extra wires and camera cable going through there. Other than that, it's a pretty simple installation. Took maybe an hour or two? I wasn't timing it and spent some time goofing off with other stuff.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a chance to try them tonight. They're about like a slightly floody flashlight, the beam profile is round with a gradually increasing hot spot toward the center, so you get some light going down as well as above. Illumination wise they seem to be more or less on par with the headlights. For me, the LH pattern is just about in line with the mirror itself, so if you look just above the mirror that's where the center is. RH side is centered just to the right of the trail sight. I caught a tiny bit of light reflected off the trail sight when I turned them on, but it's almost negligible. Didn't see any light spill on the hood at all, might have been a small amount on the curve of the quarter panel but again, negligible. Beam pattern doesn't mesh with the headlight pattern, there's some gap there, but in my case I have some pods in the bumper that already fill that space. It's completely illuminated everywhere from the center out a little bit past the mirror.

Certainly enough to replace a ditch light, but not if you're going to fold the mirrors back.

Cool bonus, it's a movable spotlight if you reach out and aim it where you want, out to almost 90deg with the mirror folded. It'll hold whatever position you leave it at up to 75mph on a dirt road. No additional wind noise noticed on the highway at those speeds either.

Wasn't super impressed with the way everything went together, but it's together. The two screws are certainly a necessary step to keep it looking flush to the frame. Had to smack it a few times to get the bottom panel lines to match with the frame, enough that my puddle lights fell out in the process LOL

You really gotta fish for that wire going through the pivot tube too, it's a pretty tight fit on a lux with all the extra wires and camera cable going through there. Other than that, it's a pretty simple installation. Took maybe an hour or two? I wasn't timing it and spent some time goofing off with other stuff.
Thank you for your honest review. I ordered them earlier today from StickerFab (as I'm an affiliate of theirs).

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for your honest review. I ordered them earlier today from StickerFab (as I'm an affiliate of theirs).
Oh, and don't be like me and forget to pop that rubber plug out where your camera goes.
I removed the first one and forgot to do the second one, couldn't figure out why it wasn't fitting 🤔

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But the installation video said it was a quick 20 minute install and the mirror caps easily snapped into place 🙄

I easily spent an hour trying to get the shells aligned / fitted and need to revisit my driver side mirror cap in the near future.

In hindsight, I feel like I just participated in a social experiment…

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that have the cameras puddle lights and signals is it as easy as popping those blanks out or does more factory equipment need to be unscrewed?
Sponsored