First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought I read that the exhaust sound will be tuned based on the GOAT Mode selected (ie: sport and Baja will open resonators)... Am I making this up? Anyone confirm?
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GOAT could potentially do that if the computer controlled valves are built into the exhaust. seems like a unnecessary failure source for an offroad vehicle.

works great on my golf R (on-road edition)

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't heard anything about this. Also how it sounds is probably my least concern.

giphy.gif

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IIRC, the exhaust was going to be tuned with GOAT modes. In Sport it was open... the others were closed. I canā€™t remember exactly where I read this information though.

OP
OP

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is literally the lowest of priorities on my list, but I thought I'd ask because - let's face it, if we're in this website, we're in the weeds!!

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is literally the lowest of priorities on my list, but I thought I'd ask because - let's face it, if we're in this website, we're in the weeds!!
:Stir the pot:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With any luck my tires drown out whatever that 4 bangers doing, cause itā€™s MT or nothing.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They pump a healthy grumble into the Ranger through the speakers. I wouldnā€™t be surprised at all if they do the same with the Bronco. TFL did a video on it where Roman complains about Ford doing it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They pump a healthy grumble into the Ranger through the speakers. I wouldnā€™t be surprised at all if they do the same with the Bronco. TFL did a video on it where Roman complains about Ford doing it.
If they do on the Bronco, there better be a way to disable it. I canā€™t imagine doing something so cheesy.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™ll disable that feature. No desire to hear an exhaust with less than 8 cylinders.

Sponsored

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The exhaust will sound different anyways because of the goat throttle body difference , ... ex. sand mode makes trans shift only at 4000 rpm, instead of the normal 2000 it revs more and makes more sound. beside that I don't think they would do anything to change it. Now that I have said that my question would be what difference would a goat mode do to a manual transmission. Sure they can engage different electronic in the truck for stability and slip but shifting will be done by driver. anyways probably another topic!

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The exhaust will sound different anyways because of the goat throttle body difference , ... ex. sand mode makes trans shift only at 4000 rpm, instead of the normal 2000 it revs more and makes more sound. beside that I don't think they would do anything to change it. Now that I have said that my question would be what difference would a goat mode do to a manual transmission. Sure they can engage different electronic in the truck for stability and slip but shifting will be done by driver. anyways probably another topic!
Probably just tweak the throttle response and traction control for manual GOAT modes...

I would be surprised if Ford put any kind of active exhaust on this vehicle for many reasons not the least of which is itā€™s cringey loudening the exhaust on a 4 cylinder. I plan on getting the manual 2.3L but I donā€™t want it sounding like a fartboxed Civic.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This would require an active exhaust, which I've not heard anything about on Bronco. They DO have it on Mustang GT, so it exists in Ford's "parts bin". But this is the first mention of it I've heard about on Bronco, and wouldn't count on it.

On Mustang GT (mine has it), it has quad outlets on a true dual exhaust. And 2/4 of the outlets are always open. The active flap is on the other 2, and can be cycled between 4 modes - Quiet (closes it), Normal (1/3 open ), Sport ( 2/3 open ), Track (fully open).

I've only seen Bronco to have a single exhaust outlet, so I doubt they'll have this feature (or at least wouldn't have a quiet mode, as that'd cut of the exhaust completely unless there's a hidden dual exhaust option.
Sponsored