Sponsored

Explain your choice. Tell us what model you chose and why!

What model are you choosing?

• Total voters

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak 4-door because I’m more likely to go to the beach then the trails and I have a family to bring along which means excessive amounts of junk to haul to keep them from complaining
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4dr - more room.
Obx - painted handles, mirrors and #1 roast leather.
SAS - Factory 35s and lockers, couldn't resist.
2.7 - More power.
Lux - heated wheel, 12" screen, wireless charging.
MIC - I live in Alaska.
Tow - I have trailers.
Upfitter switches - more lights.

My reasoning is based on wants.

AJK522

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Base
4 Door base, soft top, SAS package, aux switches, carbonized grey, 2.7L engine, modular steel front bumper.

Always been a fan of simple stripped down vehicles. not looking for any crazy features.
This will be a dedicated off-road/overlanding rig for us to get lost in and go camping.

Betting on the aftermarket world to take care of any additional parts needed for the build.
plus if I wanted to disconnect my sway bar I would simply just remove them...as for the smaller display, and incandescent rear tail lights, I will be using an iPad paired with a Dual GPS receiver and I am betting LED tail lamps will be available as well...

I call it "No frill" lol not calling out the higher trim levels I think they are all killer looking with loaded functionality just not what I am needing or looking for.

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would love to have spec'd up all the way to a badlands squatch with lux, but I just can't afford all the fixins. I ended up with a:

2 door - Because no family, I like the look better, and cheaper. I currently have a 4 door car and never have people back there, so why?

Black Diamond - Really like the steelies, and MGV. I would've added the aux switches and modular front bumper/skids to whatever I chose anyways. This trim was a good blend of capable, badass, affordable for me.

Mid package- Was between this and Basesquatch. The mid package made the decision for me. Wanted the auto dimming mirror (very underrated feature), dual zone temp, and heated seats.

2.7L - I like the 10speed for the trail control, and trail turn assist, so I didn't mind missing out on the manual. The 2.7 was my splurge on this vehicle. Was this or Sasquatch, and ultimately decided it would be easier to upgrade suspension parts, wheels, and tires. Would absolutely never do an engine swap down the road so the choice was kind of easy for me. I think the wheel tire combo of BD is actually my favorite of all the trims base set-up too.

Velocity Blue - probably my favorite MY21 color. I also really like A51 and Cactus grey, but thought they might be more common than VB. My dealer says most of the Bronco's on order are A51, and I just wanted to be a little different.

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went w/ a 4dr Badlands because it was the only option that I could get a manual and the 12' screen

Sponsored

TonyPonz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look of the 2 door. Must have manual transmission, and wanted Lux package.

Tychapman

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally wanted a Black Diamond but The only way to get a 7spd w/ a high package is via the Badlands.. So Ford made that choice for me.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
4 door squatched out Base, 2.3. It was in budget and everything I wanted. Would have been cool to have the GPS unit for the trail map capabilities but that wasn't a huge deal breaker. Second close option was a black diamond, I absolutely love the steelies with the "cookie cutter" AT's.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4DR- bad ass tactical look with doors and roof off, room and ease of use for passengers/gear. assumingly slightly better ride on and offroad. Ability to store doors on-board (largest deciding factor). Cons is larger turn radius/worse breakover angles/not as nostalgic looking, 2 more doors to remove.
BL-SBD, MGV, washout floors, most of a Squatch pkg with the things I wanted in it and none of the things I didn't need.
2.7- More torque, more power, better injection system
Auto-TTA, 1-pedal, easier to manage on really rough ledges/crawling, easier to drive in stop-n-go while mired in beach traffic on Saturdays.
High- stuff I wanted at a decent price vs. Lux for my wants/needs.
MIC top- there will be tons of great soft top options easier to get aftermarket.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After starting on BaseSquatch, then to Wildtrak, then Badlands, then BadLuxSquatch, I have come back home to the BaseSquatch. With 2DR and V6, I’m under $40k and I feel better financially about the whole thing. Upgrading to Mid ($6k), High ($10k) or Lux ($12k) didn’t seem to be worth the cost increases to me. 2DR Base seems to hold so much value if you can live without the extra space, creature comforts and tech. Time will tell if I made the right decision for me, but I think I will be quite happy with my BaseSquatch!

Sponsored

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I chose a 2-door Black Diamond with Sasquatch Package.

1. Choose two door because I plan on off roading and want it to be agile. Plus I love the classic looks!
2. Chose Black Diamond because for what I wanted it was the best bang for the buck. We get a lot of rain here in Mississippi. I needed the vinyl seats and wash out floor. Also love the metal bumpers and upgraded skid plates. And I think it has the best looking interior of all the trims.
3. Chose the Sasquatch package because it was too good of a deal to pass up. And I have always wanted to own a really capable 4X4!

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door Black Diamond, 7 speed, and towing package. Why? Because I'm hopelessly single and want to get out and explore some more.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

4-door Badlands. Needed the space. Wanted the lockers, stick, and High package.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Initially wanted the least expensive base 2.7 (or even 2.3) with 7 speed, advanced 4x4, and SAS - not an option - No 7 speed SAS for you!!!

Then decided as a compromise of having the automatic transmission; I would get the least expensive model with a 2.7 and adaptive cruise control. Guess what, you can't get adaptive cruise control in a Base, BB, or BD. After working it out on the OBX, BL, and WT; the least expensive option with the 2.7, advanced 4x4 (minimum requirement of a rear locker), and adaptive cruise control was the OBX 2 door with LUX, added TOW just because it wasn't expensive. Also, I definitely didn't want MGV in the hot Texas summer.

So the mall crawler was really my only play. Still I have 17x9 +30 rims coming and will put 295/70R17's on it to play in the dirt.
Sponsored