Sponsored

Explain your choice. Tell us what model you chose and why!

What model are you choosing?

• Total voters

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Current plan is to go for the least expensive 7-speed model I can get with lockers. Was really hoping for a base + Sasquatch + Cyber Orange but we all know how that turned out.

That being said, as much as I'm dying to go 7-speed I may end up waiting it out for a bit to see if / when the plugin hybrid version is coming along. If it's not a catastrophically huge price bump I'd be willing to sacrifice the ability to row my own for being able to commute and putter around town in EV mode while having the range / overlanding ability the ICE will provide.

I've already abandoned my day-1 Cybertruck reservation; while I love driving full-EV (I had a BMW i3 for a little over a year) the Bronco is just way too compelling at the pricepoint especially as compared to how expensive the Cybertruck will be for a 4-wheel drive model even without any options.

I'm also interested to see if the 7-speed will have the ability to have the adaptive cruise control or if that's a 10-speed auto only option.
Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 dr. Outer Banks. Love the looks, I only do trail riding not hard core off roading, love the luxury and bells and whistles, technolog. Canā€™t wait.

bossing

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff...
Your Bronco Model
Base
I chose a 2-door base manual..... no need for a 4-door for me since my ā€˜17 Supercrew Raptor does the passengers/cargo/utility job quite well. As for color, not fully decided yet but I narrowed it down to half the available palette. :geek:

Plus the base is a good foundation to build on & personalize.... if the Sasquatch ever becomes available w/ the manual, then yeah Iā€™ll add that for sure. If not then the aftermarket options will suffice.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2Dr Base. Manual Transmission.

Love the steel wheel retro look, and love that it will have removable doors and HARDTOP (only on 2dr. It's a soft top on a 4 door).

I will treat the wheels/tire like shoes and look forward to getting new/bigger ones after I get the Bronco. I will get wheels that look totally different than stock. That is the easiest/lowest risk way to customize a vehicle. I did that on my Mustang convertible.

I am not going to take it to serious rock climbing off roading, but hope to take it on reasonable trail roads, so no need for Sasquatch, in my case.

Last edited:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First edition

Sponsored

tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / future Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I keep going back and forth between my 2 reservations... black diamond 4 door & badlands 2 door. I originally wanted to re-capture the fun I had driving my old 2 door manual TJ.
Over the years Iā€™ve made practical Sacrifices for both wife and children needs... like babies car seats / Need for automatics... However I still have this Wonderful family who love to join me on adventures. So, Gotta pack the gear. My decision goes on till December.
Ford Bronco Explain your choice. Tell us what model you chose and why! B074B8C2-AA9D-4ED4-B2EB-72862D757A1B

Beardicus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2-Dr Outer Banks. Just me and the pup don't need 4-dr. I wanted some of the tech available, but didn't want to jump to badlands price. Depending on pricing of packages I may go with Black Diamond. Also not sold on the body color fenders flares, though those sound easily changeable.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently going for a 2D Badsquatch with the 2.7L but may move up the the 4D. My daily driver is a 5th Gen Camaro 2SS/RS so it's not like my ride is expected to be the practical one. But....if my wife decides she wants to join me on the majority of my expeditions I may go ahead and get the additional space.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Diamond:

Fits my budget, gives me what I need without what I dont, cool name, available in stick.

Gonna throw in some gambling motif as I'm not a skier, maybe had a custom playing cards decal made to slap on

SVT-BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150, 14 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the lockers, sway bar disconnect and manual. Otherwise maybe a base if I can get all those added to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 XLT
I believe there is Ford published literature stating the rear seats fold flot. It's also been confirmed the car in the photo you included was frankensteined together and includes feature not necessarily representative of the production version. I hope they do fold flat.

I sure hope you're right! I really do want the 2 door but I need it for other things besides just offroading.

OP
OP
First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 XLT
I reserved a 4 door Big Bend with the following additions - mid package, automatic, 2.7L (depending on price) and modular hard top. I might end up switching to Outer Banks depending on how much all this is. Need the pricing to come out for these packages. I am getting anxious lol
I think these prices are going to go up pretty quickly once we start adding options. I'm getting anxious too. I want it now!

OP
OP
First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 XLT
I reserved a black diamond. I think the vinyl seats and washable interior will be a great feature. I am a little concerned about how breathable the fabric will be and what the interior will look like. I am getting a 4 door and as of now a manual. All of this is subject to change once more information comes out.
I thought about that too. Looking at the pictures it reminds me of that PVC material that has been texturized to feel like cloth. Should be breathable and provide plenty of protection if that is the case.

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2 door orange Wildtrak for me. I donā€™t do any rock crawling so I didnā€™t need the armor or sway disconnect. Donā€™t have kids so donā€™t need 4 doors. Rather save that weight and have the factory 35s and 2.7. So many people armor up their rigs yet never need that armor and make their ride slower, less comfy over bumps, and less efficient. I like leather seats but may end up going aftermarket to make sure the quality is there. Definitely getting the B&O and 12ā€ infotainment. Donā€™t care for auto cruise control as I have had it on my last three vehicles and never used it. Guess if I go lux itā€™ll be there anyway.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Two door Base, 10 speed automatic, am undecided on 2.3 vs. 2.7, color depends on what is actually offered on Base and whether a white top is an option. 12" infotainment and sound deadening. Accessories depend on cost.

My Escape will be the daily driver -- if/when I go back to my office job, the parking lot has tiny spaces and people ding each other all the time. The Bronco will be the fun, weekend ride.
Sponsored