First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Forged Green is now showing on the 2021 Explorer B&P not just for the Timberline, but for all trims. I'm surprised that this color has just been added mid year and not as a 2022 model.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forged Green is now showing on the 2021 Explorer B&P not just for the Timberline, but for all trims. I'm surprised that this color has just been added mid year and not as a 2022 model.
Not the color of green I was hoping for on the Bronco, looks OK though. Infinite Blue looks good on the King Ranch trim. It is awesome that you can get Active X seating in the Explorer. Active X is the best seating material I have ever had. Two years of it in my Expe and it looks like the day I picked it up......and I have two youngsters.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

is it metallic? If not, I kinda like it, but a few shades too dark from mallard, which means the quest might continue.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Speaking of the Timberline, I like the Timberline concept. An Explorer with some everyday off road cred for camping etc. But, the orange stripe in the bumper cover is such a knock off of the Subaru Forester Sport (I believe that's the model/package?), that it's embarrassing. It's as bad as GM putting the red Jeep Trail Hawk tow hooks on everything with an off road package in their line up. Okay....I'm done. :ROFLMAO:

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But, the orange stripe in the bumper cover is such a knock off of the Subaru Forester Sport (I believe that's the model/package?), that it's embarrassing.
Totally agreed. I couldnt believe they did it.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another domino falls as Forged Green is on the list.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the Timberline, but I wish you could get the 2.7 in it as an option.

Also, is forged green exclusive to the Timberline or is this the green we can expect on the Bronco?

Forged green is OK, but I dig the emerald green color much more. It just has more energy to it.

OP
OP
Dogula

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I like the Timberline, but I wish you could get the 2.7 in it as an option.

Also, is forged green exclusive to the Timberline or is this the green we can expect on the Bronco?

Forged green is OK, but I dig the emerald green color much more. It just has more energy to it.
Forged Green is an option on all the Explorer trims except base. Doubt that it will be the green on the Bronco though.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not the color of green I was hoping for
Certainly fits the Ford mold for dark, dank, & funereal. Ford needs to swap their color folks with Mazda or Subaru.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you talking about the 2.3 engine or paint?
the 2.3 is a cobbled-together relic. I know Ford likes to take 5-6 years developing something new, but they'll need to be much more nimble to play in the tech-driven electric vehicle market. As for colors, the folks in that department must all have cataracts.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Forged Green looks like Toyota's Army Green. A lot darker than I want in Arid-zona.

Actually, its' probably darker. Ford's renders are always lighter than the real world.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
the 2.3 is a cobbled-together relic. I know Ford likes to take 5-6 years developing something new, but they'll need to be much more nimble to play in the tech-driven electric vehicle market. As for colors, the folks in that department must all have cataracts.
The 2.3 is a great truck engine IMHO. I love the 2.7, like, fan boy love that thing, but I don't think it's worth paying the nearly $2k up charge for it when the 2.3 performs as good as it does. If I was going with a heavier variant in my build, the 2.7 would definitely be a must. The real bummer on the 2.3 is no port injection to help keep those intake valves clean. Ford updated the 3.5 in 2017 F-150's to include port injection, I think the rest of the F-150 lineup (except maybe the base 3.3?) followed with the port injection addition in 2018. Yet, here we are in 21'/22' with the 2.3 still DI only. Makes no sense.