Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We expect you to purchased and test. And report back. Now get to it!
I actually just bought it and will put them on when they get here. Hopefully before we go to Blueberry Jam Ol' Florida Off Road Park in May.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got done ripping apart my front end. It is indeed M16x1.5. I didn't want to lose my alignment so I didn't break the inner and outer apart, but the overall length is 16-5/8 from end of rack threads to center of outer TRE.

PXL_20220419_235528486.jpg

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honest question. Why upgrade the tie rod if all evidence shows your gonna blow up your steering rack instead? Wouldn’t you want the tie rod to be the cheaper easier sacrificial part?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honest question. Why upgrade the tie rod if all evidence shows your gonna blow up your steering rack instead? Wouldn’t you want the tie rod to be the cheaper easier sacrificial part?
That's a concern. At this point I just want something to carry with me if I break one 3000 miles from home.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any of you attending the Super Celebration East this week? I'm hoping Ford engineers are there so I can ask them about this. I'm thinking if this problem was big enough, they would have to do something.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After doing some spec hunting I have sets of tie rods coming from 3 different vehicles to compare. 2 make sort of sense: 2005 F150 and same era Ranger. The 3rd? 2010 ish VW Toureg.

I think a factor in these bending is the offset outer tie rod. It loads the threads at an angle. I don't have my stock +55 offset wheels on but it looks like if I did, the TRE offset would be to clear them. If the F150 tie rod pans out, the 09-14 version has an offset for those that would need it.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Grr! They cancelled my order, it's on national back order. I'm going to have to pull apart my own Bronco to get the thread size.
If you want to carry spares, contact flip and ruxer parts. they may be on back order but at least they won’t cancel the order on you. Back in February, mine shipped from them in about 2 weeks. I believe they may have preordered a handful prior to me placing my order.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want to carry spares, contact flip and ruxer parts. they may be on back order but at least they won’t cancel the order on you. Back in February, mine shipped from them in about 2 weeks. I believe they may have preordered a handful prior to me placing my order.
It's ok, I'm going to find a better, cheaper, more widely available option before this is over. If the Ranger ones work they're the same 14mm diameter as Bronco. If the F150 or Toureg ones do they're 16mm.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Status