Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wide jaw wrench of some sort.
e.g.
1652463468671.png
You should actually get two. Most people are removing these incorrectly, and not stabilizing the rack while they remove them.

Ford Bronco Exploring off-the-shelf tie rod upgrades 727EB26D-6E39-46FD-A94F-61CB81BDA3C2
Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never really thought about it until I saw that picture, but a crowfoot is a good idea. Doesn't take up much room in the tool bag and I already carry a ratchet. Much lighter than a giant combination and/or adjustable wrench.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should actually get two. Most people are removing these incorrectly, and not stabilizing the rack while they remove them.

Ford Bronco Exploring off-the-shelf tie rod upgrades 727EB26D-6E39-46FD-A94F-61CB81BDA3C2
Anyone know what wrench sizes are needed?

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Icon made mention that FORD has great range of motion of their suspension components on their off road vehicles from stock and so with their philosophy of better performance they created the new ICON Delta Joint PRO specifically for the above reasons. The regular Delta joint was not able to exceed the OEM specs and so the Pro had to be created.
So the Delta Joint Pro is the way to go now? Ford wants to change my rashed UCA and at $1200 I'd rather get aftermarket - if they're better. What do you think @BigMeatsBronco ?

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So the Delta Joint Pro is the way to go now? Ford wants to change my rashed UCA and at $1200 I'd rather get aftermarket - if they're better. What do you think @BigMeatsBronco ?
we are installing rpg billet adjustable Ucas on our bronco in preparation for our first trail event, we will taking notes on the misalignment angles and noting how close they are to their limit points at full compression/droop.

Those who run a top hat spacer will see these limits just a lil bit sooner due to the extended length of the shock. That's when the icon delta joint pro becomes an attractive option. Its the only offering advertising more than oem misalignment angel. The only con I see is you need to remember to maintain them by adding grease at the proper intervals. The unibals and heim joints in the rpg/svc/camburg etc require no maintenance but need to be replaced more frequently than a sealed ball joint.

while were on the subject its important to note the adjustable offer a hidden feature, permanent alignment! all you need to do is lock out the lca slot...

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we are installing rpg billet adjustable Lucas on our bronco in preparation for our first trail event, we will taking notes the misalignment angles and noting how close they are to their limit points at full compression/droop.

Those who run a top hat spacer will see these limits just a lil bit sooner due to the extended length of the shock. That's when the icon delta joint pro becomes an attractive option. Its the only offering advertising more than oem misalignment angel. The only con I see is you need to remember to maintain them by adding grease at the proper intervals. The unibals and heim joints in the rpg/svc/camburg etc require no maintenance but need to be replaced more frequently than a sealed ball joint.

while were on the subject its important to note the adjustable offer a hidden feature, permanent alignment! all you need to do is lock out the lca slot...
One thing different in my use case is I have no intentions of ever doing a lift. A level at most. I'm not liking the uniball idea because this is a daily driver first and weekend toy second.

The Ford techs want to replace this, and while I disagree that it really needs it, if I'm going to shell out the money I'd rather have something better. So I'm thinking either Icon Delta Pro or Zone with OEM ball joints.

This is kind of veering off the topic of tie rods but since it came up a couple pages ago...

PXL_20220516_224446835.jpg

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think the ICONS are the best thing on the market at this time. Their Delta joint pro looks and sounds fantastic. I plan on ordering a set of the billet ones very soon as well.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the ICONS are the best thing on the market at this time. Their Delta joint pro looks and sounds fantastic. I plan on ordering a set of the billet ones very soon as well.
I think I'll go ahead and get the tubular Icons. The billet is overkill for my needs.

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone know what wrench sizes are needed?
I know the one is a 32mm, I dont know the other off the top of my head. The next time we replace one iā€˜ll write it down.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mental Health Pro Tip: Stay off the General Discussion and Ordering Boards. Those places are like going to a bar where everyone is miserable. By the time I get mine, all this stuff will be figured out.

I think that JKS Sleeves and the BB steering box plastic (donā€™t scream at me if itā€™s Nylon or some composite) bushing would be pretty good insurance for moderate use scenarios.

Sponsored

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll probably end up buying it but I have a hard time swallowing $350 for a couple urethane bushings, a snap ring and a hose clamp. I wish someone would come out with a different solution.

[ QUOTE="NVCowboy, post: 1414035, member: 8918"]
Mental Health Pro Tip: Stay off the General Discussion and Ordering Boards. Those places are like going to a bar where everyone is miserable. By the time I get mine, all this stuff will be figured out.

I think that JKS Sleeves and the BB steering box plastic (donā€™t scream at me if itā€™s Nylon or some composite) bushing would be pretty good insurance for moderate use scenarios.
[/QUOTE]

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ll probably end up buying it but I have a hard time swallowing $350 for a couple urethane bushings, a snap ring and a hose clamp. I wish someone would come out with a different solution.

[ QUOTE="NVCowboy, post: 1414035, member: 8918"]

[/QUOTE]
Tyler himself says you shouldn't need the bushing unless you're lifted. There's already a much cheaper tie rod splint on the market so I assume the same will happen with the bushing.

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it makes you feel any better it is only a single bushing (and an install tool) šŸ˜œ

On a serious note, I am in agreement that the JKS sleeves and rack bushing (if lifted 2ā€+) is a solid solution. Keep a spare inner tie rod and go have fun.

$450ā€™ish for peace of mind

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you didnā€™t ask for me, but itā€™s well documented the aftermarket UCAs donā€™t offer better usable angle than the stock UCA. Infact, some of them are worse LOL. I talked to one of the techs at Icon that told me even their UCAs donā€™t offer more usable angle over stock. So really youā€™re just paying for a stronger balljoint, looks, different frame pivots (and donā€™t forget polyurethane and heims have their downsides), and possibly a better alignment for lifted vehicles.

I got some Camburg UCAs because I wanted a higher caster to move the wheel forward, clearing my mudflaps at ride height. No other reason. In fact, since switching, Iā€™ve noticed much more small vibrations from the road (likely a symptom of going from rubber to polyurethane bushings). Now I also need to worry about greasing them every oil change and replacing the uniball every few years.

Donā€™t get suckered into thinking upgraded parts are better all around. *Everything* in car upgrades is a trade off

Last edited:

jdamach1

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Fairlane, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know what the size of the stock Inner Tie Rod Nut is? I don't have my Bronco yet, so I can't measure it. I'm going to get a Crow's Foot for it. Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.