Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ladies and gentleman, some feedback if I may. I'm going to start offering tie rod repair kits on my website. I have an idea of what I will be including in the kit, but just putting feelers out there for what you'd like to see included.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ladies and gentleman, some feedback if I may. I'm going to start offering tie rod repair kits on my website. I have an idea of what I will be including in the kit, but just putting feelers out there for what you'd like to see included.
The smallest tools required. Something I can keep in the vehicle full time. But not too small you can't generate enough torque to remove the parts.
Probably 1 TRE. Thinking the chances of needing more than 1 is slim, and some have already purchased a spare TRE.
Bag is very personal preference, might be a put-off to some if bundled and they feel they're paying significantly (also subjective) extra for a bag they will throw away.

I'm looking at the Blue Ridge bags and am thinking the Tool Bag will pack better than the Tool Roll, but still flushing out storage options.
https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/collections/tools

All that said, I'm very interested in a "complete" tie rod repair kit to start my full-time carry Bronco repair kit.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The smallest tools required. Something I can keep in the vehicle full time. But not too small you can't generate enough torque to remove the parts.
Probably 1 TRE. Thinking the chances of needing more than 1 is slim, and some have already purchased a spare TRE.
Bag is very personal preference, might be a put-off to some if bundled and they feel they're paying significantly (also subjective) extra for a bag they will throw away.

I'm looking at the Blue Ridge bags and am thinking the Tool Bag will pack better than the Tool Roll, but still flushing out storage options.
https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/collections/tools

All that said, I'm very interested in a "complete" tie rod repair kit to start my full-time carry Bronco repair kit.
I think I'm on the right track then. The idea is to have a kit that you can pull out and get the job done without touching your other tools. A convenience for experienced offroaders and a safety net for novices that may not have a decent tool load out.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I'm on the right track then. The idea is to have a kit that you can pull out and get the job done without touching your other tools. A convenience for experienced offroaders and a safety net for novices that may not have a decent tool load out.
Everything Merc 4x4 said, plus a replacement boot/hose clamp for the first time replacing one...

A one page illustrated instruction pamphlet, either in a waterproof envelope, or laminated.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn't flip offer something like this sans the tools?

I'd offer up the HOSS tie rods and call it a day :D

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, having someone pick out the tools and test it by performing the repair with only what's available in the kit, is the most valuable part.

I can find the Ford part number and throw the TRE in my Bronco, but if I can't replace it while out-and-about, it's (nearly) pointless. Which is why I don't have a spare TRE right now.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and the move going forward will be HOSS 3.0 tie rods for everyone. I still haven't seen the part numbers for just the tie rods.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the idea of having an all in one kit with tools. That would be preferred even though I have lots of tools...some that are dedicated to this task and can stay in the vehicle is ideal.

A small inexpensive bag to put everything in would be good. I'd be ok with a roll as well. Whatever makes the most sense to market, I'd be good with.

You guys are awesome. For all the drama we get around here, this is why I join forums that support my vehicles.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and the move going forward will be HOSS 3.0 tie rods for everyone. I still haven't seen the part numbers for just the tie rods.
Tools should be mostly the same?
Offer a kit with 2.0 tie rods and another with 3.0 tie rods.

Buried in one of the threads, Flip attached a parts list. I'm pretty sure I recall seeing the tie rods separate from the full rack.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tools should be mostly the same?
Offer a kit with 2.0 tie rods and another with 3.0 tie rods.

Buried in one of the threads, Flip attached a parts list. I'm pretty sure I recall seeing the tie rods separate from the full rack.
I figured it would be in BigMeat's thread but I'm still wading through it.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found it. Inners are NB3Z-3280-C outers are NB3Z-3A130-B (RH) and NB3Z-3A130-C (LH)

At current pricing that is a $800 upgrade. I'm thinking there will still be demand for the cheaper original tie rods.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Status