steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found it. Inners are NB3Z-3280-C outers are NB3Z-3A130-B (RH) and NB3Z-3A130-C (LH)

At current pricing that is a $800 upgrade. I'm thinking there will still be demand for the cheaper original tie rods.
I'm only interested in HOSS 2.0 tie rods. At least until I get the HOSS 3.0 FP rack upgrade installed.

I'm more cautious and would rather break the tie rod and not the steering rack. Repair on the trail doesn't look awful for TRE. Not so for rack.
Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How about a molded insert for the underfloor storage. It could keep it all nice and organized and not rattle around.

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about a molded insert for the underfloor storage. It could keep it all nice and organized and now rattle around.
neat idea, but make it optional. i don't have great access to that cubby anymore...

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm only interested in HOSS 2.0 tie rods. At least until I get the HOSS 3.0 FP rack upgrade installed.

I'm more cautious and would rather break the tie rod and not the steering rack. Repair on the trail doesn't look awful for TRE. Not so for rack.
I see this concern repeated around B6G but has anybody other than Tyler (BB) broken anything after splinting the tie-rods? Tyler himself said the rack would only be an issue for lifted rigs due to the excessive tie-rod angle. As trail fixes go, tie-rods are pretty easy so maybe you do have the right strategy here, especially if not running crazy offset wheels that seem to be causing most of these failures.

To answer the question... I'm without a Bronco for awhile but I'd want a crow's foot for the stock and replacement inner (preferably same), two inner tie-rods, boot clamps, a couple TD decals, and some do-not-eat packets. It would be cool to have this in a soft bag/pouch that could cram in the jack area but I can figure that out. Since the tie-rods have exposed grease in them, maybe vacuum seal each one so they don't funk up the interior?

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see this concern repeated around B6G but has anybody other than Tyler (BB) broken anything after splinting the tie-rods? Tyler himself said the rack would only be an issue for lifted rigs due to the excessive tie-rod angle. As trail fixes go, tie-rods are pretty easy so maybe you do have the right strategy here, especially if not running crazy offset wheels that seem to be causing most of these failures.

To answer the question... I'm without a Bronco for awhile but I'd want a crow's foot for the stock and replacement inner (preferably same), two inner tie-rods, boot clamps, a couple TD decals, and some do-not-eat packets. It would be cool to have this in a soft bag/pouch that could cram in the jack area but I can figure that out. Since the tie-rods have exposed grease in them, maybe vacuum seal each one so they don't funk up the interior?
I like the way you think.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if this is a valid concern re: HOSS 3 tie rods with HOSS 2 rack. Ford updated the rack with the thicker tie rods, but I'm not sure that means HOSS 2 rack with HOSS 3 tie rods is a bad idea.

Also, I don't really see tie rods breaking as a huge issue on stock Badlands Sasquatch, especially with the minimal off-roading I'm able to schedule at this time.

That said, I want to lift a little and stronger is better. HOSS 3 rack and tie rods will break less than HOSS 2, and that's what I want, even if it turns out I would never break HOSS 2 (zero is not less than zero).

Ford Performance said they will release the rack and tie rod upgrade. I can wait for that, I think...)

MikeOBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you could offer a "Base" kit and a "Deluxe" kit that is all inclusive.
If you feel really ambitious you could have a UI like the sites that sell bumpers where there are dropdowns for adding bull bar, lights, winches, etc. Yours would offer boots, clamps, jam nut, claws foot, tool bag/roll etc.

Someone above mentioned offering a laminated "how to" instruction sheet. This is a great idea for folks that aren't confident they can do this fix and people might pay a few $$ for it.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more complete the better, including an instruction / cheat sheet.

Someone mentioned pre-installed grease on the parts from Ford. Any way to minimize that from finding it's way everywhere on the interior or tools while in storage would be great.
From my limited experience working on cars, probably impossible!

I carry the Tub O' Towels heavy duty cleaning wipes for clean-up, so I have after-installation covered somewhat.

21BroncoFlyer

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found it. Inners are NB3Z-3280-C outers are NB3Z-3A130-B (RH) and NB3Z-3A130-C (LH)

At current pricing that is a $800 upgrade. I'm thinking there will still be demand for the cheaper original tie rods.
I think you would be correct. I for one would jump on this whenever you start offering it.

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just at Trail hero last week in Sand Hollow Utah, I ran 2 Trails Plan B and Double Sammy, both 7 rated trails with the JKS sleeves, and Bronc buster Bushing and had no breakage issues.
7 rated? Apparently no one told you that a Bronco can't rock crawl. :p

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As someone who’s never done off roading before, I’ve had a question about this to ask, and here is better than a new thread I guess: how important is it to carry spares, and is this a fairly straight forward field repair? Say, for someone who’s replaced batteries, alternators, brake pads - not an expert mechanic, but ok with bolt on parts.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who’s never done off roading before, I’ve had a question about this to ask, and here is better than a new thread I guess: how important is it to carry spares, and is this a fairly straight forward field repair? Say, for someone who’s replaced batteries, alternators, brake pads - not an expert mechanic, but ok with bolt on parts.
Good question

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just watch a couple videos on how to do it. And you'd rather have a spare and not need it than...

Worse case if you run into trouble installing the spare parts is there's a good chance you'd run across someone who could help. But without the parts it gets difficult.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.