bronco209

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys I just wanted to clarify two things as I have an active reservation from the first day they opened. If I don't want the 2021 model is it possible to extend my reservation so that it does not expire? Secondly, is it indeed too late to swap dealership?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys I just wanted to clarify two things as I have an active reservation from the first day they opened. If I don't want the 2021 model is it possible to extend my reservation so that it does not expire? Secondly, is it indeed too late to swap dealership?
First question: Yes! Have your dealer change your priority to "99"... which will code it as a "do not build." When MY22 order banks open, you'll go in and select any MY22 options you want, and change the priority code back to something else.

Second question: No clue, but I suspect it is too late.... especially if you have already converted your reservation into an order. You can always call the Bronco specific Customer Service line and ask them about transferring: (800) 334-4375

::EDIT::

Here's what the Ford Bronco FAQs say:

Ford Bronco Extend Reservation Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 16.17.43

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, you can just not convert your reservation to an order, or you could convert to an order and have your dealer mark it as a "Priority 99", which will keep it in the system and push it to a later MY. This also keeps your reservation time stamp in place.

I do not believe it is too late to switch dealers. You can switch up until you convert your reservation to an order, but you need to contact Ford customer service to do so.

If you haven't been in contact with your dealer or logged into your Ford account, you probably should do so. Some reservation holders discovered that their dealers converted their resy to an order without their knowledge.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you want a 22 anyway.......Make another reservation at the dearer you want. Then cancel your original order.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want a 22 anyway.......Make another reservation at the dearer you want. Then cancel your original order.
tenor.gif

Yep, you get to the back of the line of all the other pushed back MY22 also.

By keeping his existing reservation (Day 1), he's pretty much assured to get one of the first MY22's that rolls out.

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, you can just not convert your reservation to an order, or you could convert to an order and have your dealer mark it as a "Priority 99", which will keep it in the system and push it to a later MY. This also keeps your reservation time stamp in place.

I do not believe it is too late to switch dealers. You can switch up until you convert your reservation to an order, but you need to contact Ford customer service to do so.

If you haven't been in contact with your dealer or logged into your Ford account, you probably should do so. Some reservation holders discovered that their dealers converted their resy to an order without their knowledge.
I'm pretty sure all reservations prior to 3/19 were converted to orders. He would just need to make sure he's "99d". But I say if he wants to change dealerships and can't change it now, just make a new one.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Extend Reservation tenor

Yep, you get to the back of the line of all the other pushed back MY22 also.

By keeping his existing reservation (Day 1), he's pretty much assured to get one of the first MY22's that rolls out.
I hear ya, but maybe he doesn't mind that?? LOL

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure all reservations prior to 3/19 were converted to orders. He would just need to make sure he's "99d". But I say if he wants to change dealerships and can't change it now, just make a new one.
Only the reservations that were converted by dealers were converted.

Reservation holders had the option to convert or not convert. Ford recommended that all customers should be converted, but it was not a requirement or automatic.

This is why it was so out of line for Dealers to do it without consent.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't need to get ahead by dragging others down... if OP has an earlier reservation than me, OP deserves to keep it.
Relax, I was just kidding. My point was that he might care more about going to a different dealer than his reservation time stamp. You never know.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Relax, I was just kidding. My point was that he might care more about going to a different dealer than his reservation time stamp. You never know.
That's a fair point... I just try to be careful with the joking and sarcasm around low post count members... I'd hate to think that someone doesn't get a joke (like cancel so we all move up).

We good.

;)

Reactions: Dom
OP
OP

bronco209

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the replies. I called Ford and they did mention that they are no longer processing dealership changes, but they did mention the possibility when the 2022 order book opens. The advice of not placing an order was correct. They confirmed that just leaving the reservation open would keep it from expiring, and that I only need to place an order when the 2022 order book opens.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my order confirmation from Ford on Tuesday.
My reaction? Wait... WTF?

I'd previously told my dealer I wasn't ready to place an order as I was hoping for a Heritage package option in '22.

Turns out my dealer 99'd me. Since I had a day 1 reservation, I think I'm happy he tried to hold my place, but pissed he didn't confirm it with me first.
Sponsored