Extended 2d Bronco “LJ”

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe I'm more used to driving a larger vehicle, but even the 4dr is pretty small and nimble. The 2dr is VERY small and nimble, which is fine but I don't see any issue with the 4dr being easy to drive off-road. The 4dr is basically the same size as a Wrangler Unlimited, and whenever I see one I'm reminded of how small it actually is.

Hokie_98

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is a great suggestion and one I've thought about as well. The 2 door just looks so much better than the 4 door, but if the 2 door was just slightly bigger and more useable (with seating for at least 5) and had the same rear cargo capacity as the 4 door it would be that much better. I'm still going with the 2 door, practicality issues aside, lol.

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The rock crawlers (of which I am not one) would howl in protest due to the departure angle but I would be just fine with an extra 10" or so of tub length behind the rear wheels of the 2-door and a rear seat delete option.

Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” extb

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol I always love where these threads go. You can make a bingo card out of them because they always follow the same paths. This one had a topic with a glimmer of hope, but alas, it went the same way.

- Guy yelling about 4 doors being "blasphemy" or some other term usually used when speaking about religion
- A reference to the 70s
- "But a 4-door is better on sand," usually from a guy in Idaho
- Guy with 2 kids, 2 wives, and a dog claiming that a 2-door is "totally doable" if you just "try a bit."
- "Bus"
- A breakdown of how many friends someone has or doesn't have
- Yet another history lesson on why automakers started producing 4-door models to stay afloat
- A bunch of people buying 4-doors eventually losing their cool and flipping out
- Some (supposedly) witty variation of "mall crawler"
- If you fold the seats down in a 2-door, it's basically a Suburban. I even hear it opens a trans-dimensional wormhole of infinite storage capacity.
- Snide length jokes.
- A totally un-ironic discussion about authenticity and tradition
-Someone got divorced at some point

Feel free to add your own and play along! We've checked off some of these items, but others are yet to emerge. Stay tuned!
This is amazing. If this was Reddit I’d give you gold.

200.gif

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The perfect Bronco (IMO)

So I’m loving everything about the new Bronco. However, seeing how small the two door ended up being it has left me feeling that Ford didn’t fully capitalize on the Bronco being a roomier more civilized Jeep.
It’s made a copy of the Jeep. Be it a better one in a lot of aspects and it is longer. But I think it would have separated itself even more if it was even a little more longer. The 5th generation Bronco actually had a really good size wheelbase at 104.7” and was very stable.

Jeep made an extended wheelbase Wrangler unlimited (LJ) from 2004 to 2006 and I think it was the perfect size. It’s shocking to me that they didn’t keep making them. It had a wheelbase of 103.7” and had a nice amount of storage space, handled better and towed better. It reminded me more of a Bronco actually.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopn...p-wrangler-unlimited-lj-is-the-1837831885/amp

If Ford would capitalize on this they would make the perfect size Bronco and the perfect size off-road vehicle. What we have now is great too and they are improved but basically tweaked Jeeps. A 103” to 105” wheelbase Bronco to me would be a more true to itself Bronco. In the process making a more stable and bigger storage spaced Bronco. Really capitalizing on Jeeps short comings.

I really hope Ford considers this in the future. You could even turn it into a nice small pickup with the top removed. Like the concept Jeep made. This would be such a cool trio of Broncos if Ford capitalizes on this.

What do you guys think?

Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” 200

Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” 200
Ok, I’ll admit it. I want an LJ. I’ve been casually looking for the right one while we wait.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Half these weird size posts must be coming from people that haven’t seen a Bronco in person yet. IRL the current proportions are fantastic for both 2-door and 4-door.
They are and I’m not debating that. Some of you just don’t get it.

32b0264b83e088414221f9c652986ca7.gif

The Broncos Ford made are great for what they are but read this great article if you want to understand my point.

The holy grail of Jeeps

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2-door Bronco already is the better, roomier, more civilized Jeep. If you want it any bigger, you really just want the 4-door. See:
20201127_201126.jpg
It is and I agree with you and @Philly. The new 2d Bronco is bigger then a 2d Jeep Wrangler. It’s wider and longer and pretty heavy frankly. I also like how the 4d has a smaller wheelbase then the 4d Wrangler. But again, I’m not saying these are bad sizes I’m just saying that an in between like the LJ would be a perfect size to add. Especially since Ford made the Bronco less a rock crawler king and more an all around and even more for faster off-roading.
A Bronco with some added wheelbase that isn’t designed for a family would be ideal.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who wouldn't like 12 more inches, really?

Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” 32b0264b83e088414221f9c652986ca7

Quick and dirty stretch. Would look killer in the old EB halfcab config.
Exactly! Nice work. This is what could be done to a longer 2d. How cool would that be.

You're not the only one who thought the dimensions of the 2dr would be better if it was stretched a few more inches. Here's some renders. Look at the original, the fenders end at the door.

Yes! I remember that one and falling in love with the dimensions. I think a lot of us liked this rendering the best as I remember. This is what I’m taking about.

The rock crawlers (of which I am not one) would howl in protest due to the departure angle but I would be just fine with an extra 10" or so of tub length behind the rear wheels of the 2-door and a rear seat delete option.

Thank you! This is it. Well done. That’s just what I’d want in an in between 2d longer Bronco. The 2d that we have now for the rock crawling enthusiasts and then this one for a more all around utility Bronco.

tenor.gif

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got to know if you’ve seen both in person.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got to know if you’ve seen both in person.
No I haven’t. I’m sure they look amazing and the 2d is great size. I realize I’m splitting hairs but a few inches in wheelbase and a few inches in the back would be great. Adding possibly another foot of storage in the rear and those few inches of wheelbase would make the Bronco more stable.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No I haven’t. I’m sure they look amazing and the 2d is great size. I realize I’m splitting hairs but a few inches in wheelbase and a few inches in the back would be great. Adding possibly another foot of storage in the rear and those few inches of wheelbase would make the Bronco more stable.
If you're willing to wait, the next-gen Bronco is likely to grow in size, as it seems all vehicles do. But maybe grab this one now and "upgrade" later, as it could be a full 10-year cycle before that happens.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pics of my LJ. This thread sure makes me miss it. I loved that Jeep! I love my current JKUR but it doesn’t have nearly the character of the LJ
Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” 8FE6A6DC-28CA-48E9-973F-20227C7C5B9C
Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” 1DA790B0-4CE8-431B-B018-C93D654B4159
Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” 51B267F8-0952-4C3B-9CC0-29B4A8B181E7
Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” BA5C1CF8-2F35-4644-A4AA-25E3D52A18A7

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're willing to wait, the next-gen Bronco is likely to grow in size, as it seems all vehicles do. But maybe grab this one now and "upgrade" later, as it could be a full 10-year cycle before that happens.
Im for sure getting a model year 22. Probably 2d.
I usually hate that trend of vehicles getting bigger but yeah down the line we might see something like this.
Sponsored