Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NayNay,
You’re our resident ESP expert. Should you expect big time increases in rates at the 12 month or 36 months mark?
Playing with the numbers (plugging in 25k miles and that the vehicle is over 12 months, but under 36months/ 36k). Looks like it adds $100. If that holds, then waiting is the way to go. What if there are widespread issues? Do rates start going up?
Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the premium care really a bumper-to-bumper in the truest sense? If I buy that, is there really no other out of pocket for maintenance/repairs? Sure, I could just pocket the money and pay for repairs when they happen, but the peace of mind is tempting...

Because I usually lease, I've never had to worry about that before.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NayNay,
You’re our resident ESP expert. Should you expect big time increases in rates at the 12 month or 36 months mark?
Would you mind clarifying your question please. Do you mean bank rates? Or do you mean costs or ESP coverages?

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would you mind clarifying your question please. Do you mean bank rates? Or do you mean costs or ESP coverages?
Oh, sorry. ESP rates. Sounds like people are fairly split on signing up for an ESP at purchase or waiting for the manufacturer's coverage to end.

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, sorry. ESP rates. Sounds like people are fairly split on signing up for an ESP at purchase or waiting for the manufacturer's coverage to end.
There's no interest rates, and in MD there's also no taxes on them. If you finance them into your deal at the local dealer you'll pay interest on them. Some dealerships like mine (you like how I'm advertising here) can offer 0% financing outside the deal for up to 30 months with no credit checks and as little as 5% down. Hope this helps.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the premium care really a bumper-to-bumper in the truest sense? If I buy that, is there really no other out of pocket for maintenance/repairs? Sure, I could just pocket the money and pay for repairs when they happen, but the peace of mind is tempting...

Because I usually lease, I've never had to worry about that before.
Most plans have a 100 deductible with a choice to go with 0 deductible but those cost more. Maintenance is something separate. Usually I explain to my customers that a mechanical plan is for the mechanical stuff, engine, electrical, the vehicle brain, etc. Maintenance is what's done to maintain and keep it in good operating condition. So no, it doesn't cover everything but, your bumper to bumper does not either. You're still required to do regular maintenance to your vehicle, and there's other items in a B2B that are not covered like tires, batteries, and wear and tear items. The B2B covers a few things for a very short time like wiper blades, brakes, and some other things. If you need more details or something in print just let me know by tagging me with your questions.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No, it is not. Premium care is slightly less comprehensive than your factory “bumper to bumper”. exceptions are typically things like interior trim / upholstery, etc. But it is the closest thing you can get to an extension of the factory warranty. Interestingly catalytic converters are usually excluded. But they do have their own coverage up to 8/80 under emissions.

you can however also purchase a Ford maintenance & wear contract that will cover regular scheduled maintenance items such as oil changes, tire rotations, engine & cabin air filters. If you get the contract for over 100k it’ll also cover your coolant flush and spark plugs.

before people start with the “not worth it/waste of money” stuff, it’s important to know that m&w also covers wear items like wiper blades, the clutch on a manual, shock absorbers, and even brake pads.

Last edited:

stupidrookie

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What does this mean? “For loaner benefits, First-Day Rental Option must be included” Is there an optional coverage for rentals/loaners. I did not see that in the pricing anywhere.
You can price everything out including the add-ons (loaner, lighting) at flood Ford esp

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had an 89 Mustang GT, 2000 Ford Expedition, 2006 Mustang GT convertible, 2013 Explorer Limited. All kept for up 5 to 13 years. No extended warranties purchased and none needed. Highest miles was 170,000 miles on Expedition.

I bought one Chevy 1994 Z-28 convertible and had to replace the transmission! 😂

I will not purchase an extended warranty, as this is my last gas vehicle and it’s a weekend vehicle.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does this mean? “For loaner benefits, First-Day Rental Option must be included” Is there an optional coverage for rentals/loaners. I did not see that in the pricing anywhere.
You can select/deselect options like interior lighting, 1st day rental, key replacement. They make the warranty cost go up or down accordingly

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just don't buy one from your dealer, he won't even give you a kiss. As stated above check with some of the online dealers, Flood, Anderson-Koch, etc. They are the cheapest for the same genuine extended warranty that your dealer sells. I suggest you compare also. I just looked for an extended warranty for my Ranger, and Anderson-Koch has the best price right now.
I second Anderson Koch, gave me the best price on my Expedition.

Will_05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if the Premium Care Warranty includes shipping from a rural area to a dealership?

I was told by the finance guy at the dealership that it does. With that said, I bought the extended warranty but cannot find anything in the terms and conditions stating that. I have a week or so left to cancel the warranty under the 30 day period.
Sponsored