John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do about 24k miles a yr .....so I will be racking up the miles on my Bronco. For the first time in my life I will need to purchase an extended warranty as I plan on keeping mine 150k at least . I have no clue what they cost or how many miles they cover. Can people chime in on Ford or others extended warrantys costs / miles / terms etc.....
Sponsored

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally am not going to worry about an extended warranty until the manufacture's runs out. What is it for Ford, 3 years or 36,000 miles? That being said when I purchased my last vehicle 4 years ago I bought Route 66 extended warranty thru my Credit Union and it's been used a couple of times but it my situation not worth it in hindsight. It was four years or 40,000 miles or something like that for about $1500. That being said I will still get it again when the original warranty runs out. Better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard some dealers have their own warranties, and they can vary wildly. Not sure what standard options Ford offers. Watching this thread to see what others share. @StephensAutoCenter & @Granger Ford do you have any dealer specific extended warranties or insight into the standard Ford warranty options?

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are buying one Flood Ford has one of the best prices. They are expensive but still a good price. Roughly $3k for 6 year 150k mile Ford ESP warranty. Ford is 3 year 36k miles bumper to bumper and 5 year 60k miles power train with 5 year 60k mile rust/perforation.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP lives in Florida. In Florida extended warranties ( service contracts ) can not be discounted and are the same price for everyone and is considered insurance. We can't by contracts from out of state, unless they're a licensed insurance agent with a Florida license.

Example from an online warranty seller:

https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/about/faqs.aspx

Q: Can Florida residents purchase extended service warranties online from us?
A: Yes, because Zeigler Auto Group is licensed (Number W300391) to sell Mopar warranties in Florida. Florida residents can only purchase Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans at Mopar retail prices from dealers licensed to sell in the State of Florida. Our licensed is viewable at: www.myfloridacfo.com"

Last edited:

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only purchase extended warranties (more accurately an Insurance policy) from the vehicle manufacturer, because warranty companies come and fold like leaves on a tree.

If you go the route of the Ford warranty, shop around before you go in to purchase the vehicle. There are huge profit margins in extended warranties, and there are several Ford dealers on the Internet offering the same policies at very substantial discounts. If nothing else, you'll be in a better position to negotiate the price down at your selling dealer.

No comment on the price -- they haven't been announced yet, and they vary greatly for different mileage and time limits and extent of coverage. You can get a ballpark idea of the cost for each of the different levels of coverage by Internet-shopping F-150 prices. FWIW, the more comprehensive the coverage, the more expensive, but personally I don't find the coverage broad enough unless you buy the full package. Others may find coverage of only the major items better fits their budget.

Last edited:

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zeigler and Flood Ford seem to be the most commonly recommended for Ford manufacturer warranties. You can get online price quotes from them which makes it easy, however the Bronco pricing isn't up yet. I'd recommended taking a printout of their pricing with you when you go to pickup your Bronco and try to get a dealer to match them. If they don't (or don't sell Ford plans), then just buy from Flood or Zeigler

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The OP is SOL to buy a warranty out of state just like Stitches1974 said in post #6.
The auto dealer lobby must be pretty powerful in Florida.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've heard some dealers have their own warranties, and they can vary wildly. Not sure what standard options Ford offers. Watching this thread to see what others share. @StephensAutoCenter & @Granger Ford do you have any dealer specific extended warranties or insight into the standard Ford warranty options?
@GaryB2220 , @NayNay sells them and @Granger Ford mentioned that there was another company...Zeigler maybe, that does as well. A verification would be great.

Since this is easily the most expensive vehicle I will purchase in my lifetime the extended warranty will be only my list of "must have" items.

Sponsored

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 100K mile bumper to bumper extended warranty I bought for my 2016 F150 that I bought from Mercury Insurance. Was about $40/mo for 36 months (about $1,440 total), way cheaper than anything Ford was offering. Biggest selling point for me was the Electronics coverage as that seems to fail more than anything in my experience.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have Ziegler
Ford plan, good anywhere, cheapest price.
I waited until I was at 35k miles.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a comparison between my Dealers plan and Zeigler.... and Zeigler was 50% less!! on a 2021 F150 4X4, I bookmarked that page!
I have Ziegler
Ford plan, good anywhere, cheapest price.
I waited until I was at 35k miles.
Doesn't matter if you get it when the vehicle is new or has 35K, as the they use the in service date for the plan.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did a comparison between my Dealers plan and Zeigler.... and Zeigler was 50% less!! on a 2021 F150 4X4, I bookmarked that page!

Doesn't matter if you get it when the vehicle is new or has 35K, as the they use the in service date for the plan.
The older the vehicle is and the more miles on it (12 months/ 12 K miles IIRC ) the higher the price of the contract. That's the only thing that matters, from my understanding.
Sponsored