Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if I break my Bronco while four wheeling will Ford cover it? whether it be front diff, sway bar, etc?
Any thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Abuse isn’t covered any under warranty.
Didn't say abuse. I said four wheeling. It after all is designed for four wheeling NOT mall crawling.........

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No it will not be covered. If it’s something that should never break and is completely unrelated to wheeling you might have a chance; but if they can blame it on wheeling, they will.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Didn't say abuse. I said four wheeling. It after all is designed for four wheeling NOT mall crawling.........
I’m just telling you what you’ll be told. I wouldn’t volunteer how anything on my vehicle broke also let them figure it out.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If its a defect, its covered by your warranty.

If its damaged, its covered by your insurance.

Off-roading tends to end up in camp #2. I would speak with them about their off-road coverage if you are concerned about damage.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Obviously if you mash into something and it breaks, no coverage. But if you're just four wheeling and something breaks, warranty. Don't need to give TMI. " I was driving and it broke" the end.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Depends. Break an axle while completely stock? Maybe. Someone already broke an axle and is getting it fixed under warranty. As stated above. Don't talk too much. "It broke"

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would find it ironic if they didn't fix it under warranty. Nearly every Ford advertisement for the Bronco is touting it's offroad capabilities.
From my experiences with SxS's you just put it back to stock before taking it in. That's not a problem for me because mine will more than likely stay stock.

I carry spare axles for my SxS. If I break one I swap it out and take the broken in. The dealer swaps it out for me.. I hope my Ford dealer will do the same

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored
OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford selling a non track ready GT350 for track ready has nothing to do with the topic.
The Bronco is off road capable which is what they are promoting. The question is, are they going to warranty our broken parts

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford selling a non track ready GT350 for track ready has nothing to do with the topic.
The Bronco is off road capable which is what they are promoting. The question is, are they going to warranty our broken parts
It’s true, that wasn’t even being close to on topic.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford could easily say that the m190 front diff is not really meant for serious offroading. Probably won't be an issue and they may be more lenient trying to build up the bronco image, but it could be exactly the same as the 350's.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have never dealt with a large warranty claim beware. They try every trick in the book to get out of it. Made an engine warranty claim on my Wrangler and was accused of deferred maintenance despite dealer records that proved I never missed a service interval. Then said I must have ran it low on oil, (didn’t happen). There is a class action against FCA now pending for denying warranty claims. If you make a warranty claim for a broken axel you are in for a long hard road.

Last edited:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder if I break my Bronco while four wheeling will Ford cover it? whether it be front diff, sway bar, etc?
Any thoughts?

If it is maintained according to the schedule, and you haven't modified the drivetrain, they will cover it. No reason not to. I would ignore the responses with an automatic "no they won't cover it". The Bronco was made to go off road. They are putting on the Off Roadeo events specifically to introduce Bronco owners to off road. All these years with Jeeps the question gets asked regularly if you roll your Jeep while off road will the insurance cover it? Always get a bunch of "no they won't" responses, which isn't true. Cars and trucks drive on dirt roads all the time, and driving on a dirt road doesn't cancel your insurance. Besides, whether it's insurance or warranty, they don't know where you were. You tell them it was a dirt road, so what. It doesn't matter anyway. Now, you put a bunch of modifications to the drivetrain, and much bigger tires, maybe they have an argument, but not if it's stock.
Sponsored