First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it is maintained according to the schedule, and you haven't modified the drivetrain, they will cover it. No reason not to. I would ignore the responses with an automatic "no they won't cover it". The Bronco was made to go off road. They are putting on the Off Roadeo events specifically to introduce Bronco owners to off road. All these years with Jeeps the question gets asked regularly if you roll your Jeep while off road will the insurance cover it? Always get a bunch of "no they won't" responses, which isn't true. Cars and trucks drive on dirt roads all the time, and driving on a dirt road doesn't cancel your insurance. Besides, whether it's insurance or warranty, they don't know where you were. You tell them it was a dirt road, so what. It doesn't matter anyway. Now, you put a bunch of modifications to the drivetrain, and much bigger tires, maybe they have an argument, but not if it's stock.
I guess if you are on a dirt road your fine. If your are "off road" your on your own. I have never had an insurance policy that said they would cover my car off road anywhere. Including rental cars.

If you disagree you can show me a policy for proof and then I will switch to them...
Sponsored

Last edited:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess if you are on a dirt road your fine. If your are "off road" your on your own. I have never had an insurance policy that said they would cover my car off road anywhere. Including rental cars.

If you disagree you can show me a policy for proof and then I will switch to them...
OK, so define off road? Show me your policy that says it won't cover your car if you are off road. Do you mean you are off of a road? Define a road? BTW, the Rubicon Trail is a county road.

I just got back from a week in Silverton CO and ran all kinds of trails in the San Juan Mtns. All of those routes are defined as roads, and are on the maps as roads. Before going to Silverton, I was in Bishop CA running trails around there. Those routes are defined as roads, are on the map as roads, and are in my phones GPS maps. So, what is off road? Please, let's don't go to urban myths, or internet myths, and just repeat what you've heard. I have been wheeling for almost 30 years. I know multiple people who rolled their vehicles while wheeling, and I've never seen an insurance company turn down a claim. I rolled mine on a rock crawling trail in Johnson Valley, on Jackhammer. My insurance paid to fix my Jeep.

There are tons of campgrounds and hiking trailheads that are many miles off of a paved highway down various degrees of dirt roads. If you drive to a trailhead on a rough road are you off road? If you drive to a remote campsite are you off road? What exactly is "off road" that you're insurance company specifically excludes from coverage? Sorry, very strongly disagree, and have the experience to back it up. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to be factual.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, so define off road? Show me your policy that says it won't cover your car if you are off road. Do you mean you are off of a road? Define a road? BTW, the Rubicon Trail is a county road.

I just got back from a week in Silverton CO and ran all kinds of trails in the San Juan Mtns. All of those routes are defined as roads, and are on the maps as roads. Before going to Silverton, I was in Bishop CA running trails around there. Those routes are defined as roads, are on the map as roads, and are in my phones GPS maps. So, what is off road? Please, let's don't go to urban myths, or internet myths, and just repeat what you've heard. I have been wheeling for almost 30 years. I know multiple people who rolled their vehicles while wheeling, and I've never seen an insurance company turn down a claim. I rolled mine on a rock crawling trail in Johnson Valley, on Jackhammer. My insurance paid to fix my Jeep.

There are tons of campgrounds and hiking trailheads that are many miles off of a paved highway down various degrees of dirt roads. If you drive to a trailhead on a rough road are you off road? If you drive to a remote campsite are you off road? What exactly is "off road" that you're insurance company specifically excludes from coverage? Sorry, very strongly disagree, and have the experience to back it up. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to be factual.
Will My Auto Insurance Policy Cover Off-Road Driving? - Jack ...
https://jackstoneinsurance.com › ... › Auto Insurance

https://offroadmanual.com › car-insurance-for-off-roadingDoes Car Insurance Cover Off-Roading?
Better read this. Like I said show me a policy that states your covered off road. Not hear say...
Sponsored

Last edited: