First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone should be able to quickly answer whether or not the FordProtect OEM extended warranties include such "gotcha" language... anyone? Bueller?
I’ve read the entire warranty terms and conditions. That was not in there.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
no gotchas on Ford Protect that I can think of. It’s legit. Either the part is covered on the policy or it isn’t.
All manufacturers that I know of would never sell a manufacturer extended warranty with "gotcha" language in the past 20-25 years. At least in the last 10-15 years I'd say, the same could be said for any third party extended service contract a dealer chooses to go with. There could be state to state legal differences but the consumer has never been more protected than now, plus the vast majority of smart dealerships don't want a public backlash of obvious and provable unethical sales tactics or contracts. There could be exceptions but that's my experience.

nothing in life is free. These types of warranties are frequently just an advertising ploy. Sounds like it worked in your case.

these free warranties are often full of loopholes and such to avoid paying claims. Ex. ALL service work must be performed with selling dealer and on schedule.

read the fine print.

also usually have lots of exclusions and exceptions that would have been covered on a real warranty.
Agreed. The extended warranty doesn't come with it, it is factored in and acted like it is mandatory to show their manufacturer that they sell their ESCs of which there are profit kick backs or at least dealer perks from doing so.

Another such example is if someone wants a specific color that isn't on their lot but can dealer trade with to get it for someone and they say "you know what, we will do that for you and go and get you your preferred color" it just means that there's room in the deal (profit left over) to pay the $80-$150 it take to trade with the other dealer and they want you to be happy to give a good survey and move a unit. Before y'all think this is unfair, I assure you the amount of unreasonable and borderline ridiculous stuff that some customers want or expect makes it a two way street. I have many stories. I know there are bad salespeople and bad dealerships / leadership but it isn't always so. The amount of crap I've put up with easily surpassed anything I had during my brief stint as a waiter.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer sells all new vehicles with a 7 year 100k warranty. Part of the reason I went with them.
Yeah, any dealer that offers a warranty free with a purchase most likely has catches. One of the biggest ones I've seen is that you required to have all your service, and maintenance done at THAT dealer.

I bought one of my last cars from a dealer who just happened to include a powertrain warranty for free as well. And like you, it had very little to do with the reason I bought it from them, but I will say the one and only time my car broke down, the warranty didn't cover it because it was a MAF sensor, an electronics were not part of the powertrain.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You may also want to consider that you can purchase it anytime until your warranty expires. They usually don’t tell you that when the finance guy is giving you the shake down.
Something for everyone to remember: The best sales person at the dealership is not your sales rep or the sales manager…….IT IS THE F&I MANAGER.

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I felt compelled to post again on this. I think many are missing the point. An ESC is like buying insurance. You hope you never need it but if you do it is there. You’re paying for peace of mind. The dealer is spreading the risk. Although the dealer will make money on most warranties there are many where they will lose big time. That’s the peace of mind I’m paying for. I’m not mad if I don’t use my warranty at the end. It doesn’t matter at that point. I will be keeping this vehicle for minimally 7 years and will enjoy the peace of mind the (heavily discounted ) ESC provides during that time.
having said that I totally get why other people don’t want to purchase it is not for everyone. And purchasing one and rolling it into the bronco high interest loan is also fiscal insanity but that’s another story .

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is not a 7 year warranty… it is a 4 year warranty… you already have 3 years with Ford

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is not a 7 year warranty… it is a 4 year warranty… you already have 3 years with Ford
i didn’t mention otherwise and agree with you. It’s simple math
Sponsored