sbsdevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all the Toyota vehicles I have purchased, I was able to shop dealers for the best Toyota extended warranty price. I found a dealer in MI that sold me a warranty for $800 less than my dealer was offering. On my second 4Runner, I pulled the price form the MI dealer out of my pocket and my dealer beat it by a few dollars. Can you do this Ford warranties?

Although my 4Runners have had almost no issues, one door lock mechanism, and early brake wear fix made the warranty more than worth it.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you give a no haggle up front price that you guys will be charging for the ford extended warranty?
Sorry but we are not signed up for the Ford Warranty program we have been a Chrysler dealer longer and that is what we sell here..

I would just Google Ford ESP there you will find ones that will treat you well... ^^^^^ look at @Bullitt post

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But don't those extended warranties have to be honored by the dealer. I've seen some that not only does that specific dealer have to do the work, but your Maintenance is required to be done by that dealer as well (not Ford specifically).

I've never bought one because there seems to always be too much fine print.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But don't those extended warranties have to be honored by the dealer. I've seen some that not only does that specific dealer have to do the work, but your Maintenance is required to be done by that dealer as well (not Ford specifically).

I've never bought one because there seems to always be too much fine print.
This. You do have to read very carefully the terms of the ESP... not sure about Ford specifically but a bank I used to work at sold extended car warranties and that company left out things like gaskets, bolts, and some other small parts that no one thinks of that way when you say your engine blew they can blame it on the gasket or something else. Just please use caution when dealing with third party warranties or dealer specific warranties. Make sure to do your homework and maybe speak to a lawyer friend that can decipher it.

OP
OP

sbsdevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would just Google Ford ESP there you will fin
My question pertained to manufacturer warranties. The warranty I purchased from a Toyota dealer in MI (i an in AZ) was for a Platinum Toyota warranty that can be used anywhere. Every dealer I have been to had the warranty loaded in their system and there were zero issues using it.
I was inquiring the same thing about Ford provided warranty. I would never buy an aftermarket warranty.
The finance guy on my second 4Runner was very aware that other dealers might beat his price and did not even question the other quotes I had received from the same MI dealer.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes you can,

my dad bought his 2010 Taurus here in illinois and then right before the factory warranty ran out he pruchased his ford extended warranty from a dealer in NC...Anderson something I believe I'll ask him and get back to you. It was like 3 or 400 bucks cheaper than what our local dealer wanted.

he had no problem getting his vehicle serviced under warranty at our local dealer

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All Ford Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) are accepted at all Ford dealerships nationwide.

These are the same genuine factory-backed warranty plans that each Ford dealership sells...some just sell at a much cheaper price, especially on-line. The plans--PremiumCare, ExtraCare, BaseCare and PowertrainCare are also refundable (for the remaining life of the warranty) if you decide to sell your vehicle.

I usually go with the PremiumCare with a $200 deductible. You have lots of options based on the plan, #of years and mileage.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I bought my fusion in 2016 zFord had different warranty options based on power train and bumper to bumper etc.. some states gave better warranty pricing, but in FL was way overpriced. Bumper to bumper to 100k miles can get pricey, but they also have an option for electronics & power train option (basecare) which I might just get to save $$

Ford Bronco Extended Warranty Price Negotiable? IMG_2421

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question pertained to manufacturer warranties. The warranty I purchased from a Toyota dealer in MI (i an in AZ) was for a Platinum Toyota warranty that can be used anywhere. Every dealer I have been to had the warranty loaded in their system and there were zero issues using it.
I was inquiring the same thing about Ford provided warranty. I would never buy an aftermarket warranty.
The finance guy on my second 4Runner was very aware that other dealers might beat his price and did not even question the other quotes I had received from the same MI dealer.

The Ford warranty is loaded onto your Ford Service account, they will make sure the VIN is correct so it is placed on the correct vehicle...

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All Ford Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) are accepted at all Ford dealerships nationwide.

These are the same genuine factory-backed warranty plans that each Ford dealership sells...some just sell at a much cheaper price, especially on-line. The plans--PremiumCare, ExtraCare, BaseCare and PowertrainCare are also refundable (for the remaining life of the warranty) if you decide to sell your vehicle.

I usually go with the PremiumCare with a $200 deductible. You have lots of options based on the plan, #of years and mileage.
I’m guessing that aftermarket lifts and parts will void these extended warranty plans?
Sponsored