First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 & 22 Bronco, 17 F150, 12 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone figured what is the best extended warranty and what it should cost? Also how long do you plan on keeping a warranty for your truck?
Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do a search. Lots of threads. Generally Ford Protect (formerly ESP) “Premium Care” is what most people would want. Prices vary and are negotiable. Also dependent on number of years and miles of coverage.

Reactions: Zus
OP
OP
Zus

Zus

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do a search. Lots of threads. Generally Ford Protect (formerly ESP) “Premium Care” is what most people would want. Prices vary and are negotiable. Also dependent on number of years and miles of coverage.
I get my Bronco in about a month so I wanted to make sure I get the right package and price. I appreciate you guys response.

Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why would you buy an "extended" warranty when the Bronco comes with a 3 yr/36,000 mi bumper-bumper and a 5/60K powertrain? Wouldn't you want to wait til the original warranty is almost out?

OP
OP
Zus

Zus

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would you buy an "extended" warranty when the Bronco comes with a 3 yr/36,000 mi bumper-bumper and a 5/60K powertrain? Wouldn't you want to wait til the original warranty is almost out?
What's wrong with getting it when you purchase that truck? It's got all new tech that will for sure have issues.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What's wrong with getting it when you purchase that truck? It's got all new tech that will for sure have issues.
The truck comes with a warranty. Some Posters have said they buy a new policy after 2 years and 11 mos (on a 3-yr warranty). However, we just checked Flood: no matter when you buy, they start the coverage from the date of purchase, 0 miles. So we save a bit by buying now, before the price goes up.

That is, Flood doesn't give you 3 (original) + 8 (extended) = 11 years. It gives you 8 period. So yes, there is overlap with the policy the truck comes with, but it's cheaper than waiting 3 yrs.

OP
OP
Zus

Zus

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The truck comes with a warranty. Some Posters have said they buy a new policy after 2 years and 11 mos (on a 3-yr warranty). However, we just checked Flood: no matter when you buy, they start the coverage from the date of purchase, 0 miles. So we save a bit by buying now, before the price goes up.

That is, Flood doesn't give you 3 (original) + 8 (extended) = 11 years. It gives you 8 period. So yes, there is overlap with the policy the truck comes with, but it's cheaper than waiting 3 yrs.
Thanks for the clarification. I will have to get with my dealership on this. I need to make sure we iron out the specifics.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Ford ESP Extra Care 8yr/100k miles for $1100. Even if I use it 2-3 times it will likely pay for itself. It's also refundable and transferable if I sell my Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zus

Zus

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought the Ford ESP Extra Care 8yr/100k miles for $1100. Even if I use it 2-3 times it will likely pay for itself. It's also refundable and transferable if I sell my Bronco.
That's good to know.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford esp is really the only way to go. I found zeigler to be the cheapest and had a discount code when I purchased. They came out a little cheaper than flood ford and take ford pass points as payment.

OP
OP
Zus

Zus

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford esp is really the only way to go. I found zeigler to be the cheapest and had a discount code when I purchased. They came out a little cheaper than flood ford and take ford pass points as payment.
Alrighty then. Thank you so much. I will look into that when my truck is close to making its way to the dealership.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flood takes pass points as well. 8 year, 100,000 mile, $50 deductible was $1535. Prices have gone up since I purchased that, so it will be a little higher.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fear sells. The best extended warranty is not to buy one. They don’t sell them to loose money 💰. But if you buy one odds are you probably will.
Sponsored