Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea my standard deductible is $250, I have the $50 for things like the rock chips on glass.
Well, let us know how it goes for you--actually, hope you never have to find out! We've pretty much decided on Flood Ford Protect Premium w/ the $200 deductible.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, let us know how it goes for you--actually, hope you never have to find out! We've pretty much decided on Flood Ford Protect Premium w/ the $200 deductible.
Yea, that’s a good plan for sure.

all these plans and considerations give me a headache.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea, that’s a good plan for sure.

all these plans and considerations give me a headache.
I let my husband decide this one. Gives him the illusion that it's his Bronc, too. :ROFLMAO:

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone is going to have a different opinion on going with an extended warranty and some will think it's a waste. I did not purchase the extended warranty through Ford at purchase but I'm leaning towards doing that before the factory warranty is up. I have two extended warranties on used cars that I purchased here locally through two different dealers that were both purchased by Auto Nation - who offers warranties through Red Shield. I have a Land Rover where the first repair we had was more than double the cost of the warranty and a Jeep Wrangler that I purchased with 24k miles (but a 2014 so the term of the factory warranty was up). It's only at 62k miles but I've used the warranty 3 times and I'm waiting on approval for a 4th right now. I think the total cost of repairs on the Jeep will put me at almost 4x the cost of the extended warranty.

One recommendation after using the 3rd party (Red Shield) is go with the Ford warranty. Red Shield is difficult to deal with and my local Jeep dealer (not where I purchased) really doesn't want to deal with them. It leads to long wait times to get approval and lots of haggling about repair costs. They called in the estimate on Friday last week and I'm still waiting for approval to do the repairs.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my Bronco on Friday, and I was prepared to get the Flood/Esp.....before picking up my vehicle I called Geico for my insurance, and they sold me on their extended warranty which costs me $11 per month.

It's 7 years/100k bumper to bumper, and I have a $50 deductible on things like a windshield chip (which the Bronco is prone to have).

It supposedly covers things that Ford will not cover, such as a denial on something because you did an aftermarket mod.....

I've always been a "no" to any extended warranty but this seemed to make sense to me. If I go the full 7 years that's $900 for the coverage. Hell, one windshield chip and it's nearly paid for. I still have 25 days or so to change my mind and get the Flood. If I was so inclined.
I guess that may depend where a person lives. In Minnesota full glass coverage is standard with zero deductible on all car insurance policies with “comprehensive” coverage.
Just another reason not to get a extended warranty.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zus

Zus

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 & 22 Bronco, 17 F150, 12 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand Matt. Remember, the Flood, and Zeigler warranties are the same one your dealer will sell you. Except your dealer will probably want 1K more. If nothing else, get the price from one of these folks, and ask your dealer if he can match the price.
I've already looked into it and have a price in mind. Otherwise if they can satisfy me pricewise then I'll just purchase it asap.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the Ford ESP Extra Care 8yr/100k miles for $1100. Even if I use it 2-3 times it will likely pay for itself. It's also refundable and transferable if I sell my Bronco.
Which dealer did you buy through? Granger has some competitive selections for 6 year/100k miles, but it's coming out to just under $1,400, and I'd rather save money where possible - especially on a contingency plan that may or may not be used.

Reactions: Zus
OP
OP
Zus

Zus

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 & 22 Bronco, 17 F150, 12 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which dealer did you buy through? Granger has some competitive selections for 6 year/100k miles, but it's coming out to just under $1,400, and I'd rather save money where possible - especially on a contingency plan that may or may not be used.
I decided to hold off on the extended warranty until closer to the end of manufacturer warranty. So far it looks like I will be going with FordProtect. That's the new name for ESP as far as i can gather. I don't think I ever looked into the Granger warranty.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I decided to hold off on the extended warranty until closer to the end of manufacturer warranty.
One thing to keep in mind is that the more miles you put on your Bronco before purchasing the ESP the more expensive the warranty will get. Beyond that, and as the last 2 years have shown us, things just keep getting more expensive. The best time to buy anything was years ago, not years from now.

Reactions: Zus

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am thinking of switching to Ford ESP "Ford Protect". I am looking at 125000 miles since planning to keep the Bronco. My assumption is that once you pass 100K, timing belt, plugs etc. will need to be replaced and that will cost a lot. Any ideas if this is correct vs. going with 100K max which is $700 cheaper?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am thinking of switching to Ford ESP "Ford Protect". I am looking at 125000 miles since planning to keep the Bronco. My assumption is that once you pass 100K, timing belt, plugs etc. will need to be replaced and that will cost a lot. Any ideas if this is correct vs. going with 100K max which is $700 cheaper?
There are 4 Ford protect plans, then there is a Premium Maintenance Plan that covers all scheduled maintenance, and selected wear items. So it all depends on what you want coverage for.

To the best of my knowledge, the normal 4 plans don’t cover maintenance items at all like the premium maintenance plan does, but they can cover a lot of the other big dollar repairs like turbochargers for example.
Sponsored