broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amazing write up! Thank you. So what made you choose Wildtrak over Badlands? And what made you confirm that choice (or not) after driving both?
Sponsored

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the write up. I've read all about the Off Roadeo so far (here and on the official website) and this is the first thread where I realized you don't get to take your personal Bronco there.

I thought all these reviews posted so far where just factory cars they brought out for press/dealers and that ultimately I'd be taking my Bronco, which is why I hadn't booked it yet.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the in depth review. I'm still struggling to decide if I want to go, the concept just isn't getting me excited.

Sponsored

Jpdisco

Badlands
First Name
Jean-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mickey21 thanks for posting this! We’re going July 14-15th and this has me even more stoked!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just wanted to stop in and give some photos and video of my experience at the recent attendance to the Off-Roadeo event in Horseshoe Bay, TX.
Thank you for taking the time to do a thorough briefing and pictures on the event. My teenage son and I are headed to Austin for the Rodeo the weekend of the 24th and this really helps get an idea of what to expect. Glad you had fun!

OP
OP
Mickey21

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amazing write up! Thank you. So what made you choose Wildtrak over Badlands? And what made you confirm that choice (or not) after driving both?
Very good question, for me personally, and don't get me wrong, a Badlands model is so utterly close to a Wildtrak that it is laughable that either would be a disappointment. The biggest factor is that I won't be rock crawling and the extra articulation the sway bar disconnect would give me is a non-issue. What the event told me as well as that not having the sway bar disconnect would also be MORE than enough for what I want to do with my vehicle. Not to mention I can disconnect the sway bar manually if it came to it. Additionally, I wanted the graphics package on the Wildtrak, there is no question you are seeing a Wildtrak when you see the graphics, much like the 1st edition. It further separates the model.

Another reason I went for the Wildtrak is I am a big fan of easy to explain. For instance, the Badlands has many options, with or without sasquatch, 2.3 or 2.7, etc etc. I don't like this part of model delineations in my opinion and I will equate it like this. If you see a Mustang driving down the road and it doesn't say GT or Shelby, etc on it, you assume it is a base variant with not a lot of special to it. And some people like the sleeper look I will add. But for me, I want it to be more obvious the vehicle is something separate and special and that screams Wildtrak. You cant get it with the smaller engine, you cant get it without the 35s, you cant get it without the differing black Bronco and gloss mirrors/front grill, you cant get it without a lot of the options that are out there. When you see a Wildtrak, you know it is capable, no question about it. When you see the other models, you have to then ask how it was optioned. This is a second big part for me and as an owner that usually intends to own for life. This is a big thing for me, not to fee special alone, but to separate from the group as well at the same time. I hope that makes sense.

I may be alone on this, but I like the leather color looks on the Wildtrak versus the black on the Badlands, so that is a little thing as well.

Lastly I initially also wanted the painted top look, but we all know how that has happened in the end now, so a sore subject really.

Beyond that, the Badlands is by far my next choice if I had to. When I reserved, I could have gotten the First Edition which I considered for about 30 seconds, but there was a bit I didnt like about the 1st Edition options that made it 3rd on my list.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very good question, for me personally, and don't get me wrong, a Badlands model is so utterly close to a Wildtrak that it is laughable that either would be a disappointment. The biggest factor is that I won't be rock crawling and the extra articulation the sway bar disconnect would give me is a non-issue. What the event told me as well as that not having the sway bar disconnect would also be MORE than enough for what I want to do with my vehicle. Not to mention I can disconnect the sway bar manually if it came to it. Additionally, I wanted the graphics package on the Wildtrak, there is no question you are seeing a Wildtrak when you see the graphics, much like the 1st edition. It further separates the model.

Another reason I went for the Wildtrak is I am a big fan of easy to explain. For instance, the Badlands has many options, with or without sasquatch, 2.3 or 2.7, etc etc. I don't like this part of model delineations in my opinion and I will equate it like this. If you see a Mustang driving down the road and it doesn't say GT or Shelby, etc on it, you assume it is a base variant with not a lot of special to it. And some people like the sleeper look I will add. But for me, I want it to be more obvious the vehicle is something separate and special and that screams Wildtrak. You cant get it with the smaller engine, you cant get it without the 35s, you cant get it without the differing black Bronco and gloss mirrors/front grill, you cant get it without a lot of the options that are out there. When you see a Wildtrak, you know it is capable, no question about it. When you see the other models, you have to then ask how it was optioned. This is a second big part for me and as an owner that usually intends to own for life. This is a big thing for me, not to fee special alone, but to separate from the group as well at the same time. I hope that makes sense.

I may be alone on this, but I like the leather color looks on the Wildtrak versus the black on the Badlands, so that is a little thing as well.

Lastly I initially also wanted the painted top look, but we all know how that has happened in the end now, so a sore subject really.

Beyond that, the Badlands is by far my next choice if I had to. When I reserved, I could have gotten the First Edition which I considered for about 30 seconds, but there was a bit I didnt like about the 1st Edition options that made it 3rd on my list.
Thanks. I agree both are great!
I reserved a first edition but I converted into a Badlands and I really like the Wildtrak for the black package that it gives and the fact it’s 200-300 pounds lighter than a Badlands. If I could get black MGV in a Wildtrak I would have gone that route.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write up! I signed up this morning and I am going on 9-10 July.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mickey21

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the write up. I've read all about the Off Roadeo so far (here and on the official website) and this is the first thread where I realized you don't get to take your personal Bronco there.

I thought all these reviews posted so far where just factory cars they brought out for press/dealers and that ultimately I'd be taking my Bronco, which is why I hadn't booked it yet.
So glad this helped you, that would have been horrible to miss the opportunity or delay because of a misunderstanding. This was my intention, to shed light on how it works and went for others. My pleasure.

OP
OP
Mickey21

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great write up. Thanks for taking the time to post this.
You're welcome, when I posted this to the other forum, it had limits on 10,000 characters, lol, so I had to break it into 3 posts. For anyone curious it was 23,599 characters (5341 words), I only know because I had to dump the post into Word and slice it up. I can type very fast at nearly the speed of my thoughts so this helps and unfortunately reads like my inner monologue when I get going.

Apologies at times if the wording is run on sentences or fragment thoughts, part of just how it works when I tell a story.

OP
OP
Mickey21

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the in depth review. I'm still struggling to decide if I want to go, the concept just isn't getting me excited.
I was same as you on this as well. For it was a 1.5 hour drive south and meant I had to wake up at 6am to make it there on Sunday for the 8am start. Not that appealing to me, but my worries were completely gone after we started going for a drive. In the end, I would absolutely go again knowing what I know now, thats all I can leave you with. If my wife could have attended, honestly, I would have stayed at the resort and had a spa day as well to enjoy a good stay at the same time. If this can be your way, maybe 2 birds with one stone.

OP
OP
Mickey21

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for taking the time to do a thorough briefing and pictures on the event. My teenage son and I are headed to Austin for the Rodeo the weekend of the 24th and this really helps get an idea of what to expect. Glad you had fun!
Yes, when I showed up for the first time, there is always this nervous reluctant feeling because you are going into it not knowing what to do, what to expect, or where to go. Hopefully this ends a lot of those feelings for some.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I If my wife could have attended, honestly, I would have stayed at the resort and had a spa day as well to enjoy a good stay at the same time. If this can be your way, maybe 2 birds with one stone.
Same here. The Horseshoe Bay Resort looks amazing. I wound up getting a Hampton inn about 15 minutes away in Marble Falls, a considerable savings since it is just a guys weekend.
Sponsored