First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right now I have a SAS BD on order. Very excited about it.

But when I priced a SAS OBX the MSRP came out to be almost exactly the same.

There are things I like about the BD like vinyl seats but there are things on it that are not a big priority for me bc I'm on an on-road guy. FYI: I am at my budget limit so I am not considering the leather option on the OBX. If I go OBX it would be cloth for me.

Exterior aesthetics ARE a priority for me.

Besides the lamp, grille, and color-match mirrors/door handles, is there subtle styling on the OBX body that makes it look more refined?

Or besides the lamp, grille, and color-match mirrors/door handles, are the bodies of the BD and OBX the same as far as styling goes?

If I could see the vehicles in person I could tell but of course so much of our decision-making is based on vids, etc.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
plastic bumpers on OBX where the BD has steel bumpers, rock rails etc. I personally think the BD is the best looking out of all Broncos.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The thing that switched me from the Squatched Black Diamond to the Outersquatch was that I wanted high package and signature headlights.
Can't get that with the BD.
I've gone ahead and put Roast Leather on the order as well since I can't have MGV and washout with outersquatch.
Since I'm pushed to MY22 I'm also adding the capable front bumper and getting Eruption Green.

Only thing that may have me changing my order now is whatever this "everglades" trim may be.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You pretty much have nailed the differences. Now you need to decide what look you prefer. Especially since price is pretty much the same. Only you can decide that. When you add the Sas package looking at them side by side at a glance, the only differences you will see are the body colored mirros and door handles, grille, bumper and headlights. And side steps vs rock rails.

Personally I prefer the black textured mirros and door handles. First for contrast. Second less worry about scratches with the door handles. Especially if your woman wears rings. And the mirrors will be easier to keep clean and no worry about rock chips.

OBX Sasquatch
Ford Bronco Exterior Style SAS BD vs. SAS OBX? 51E4563C-8F0D-40DA-8A89-DD7F6C5B0B18

Black Diamond Sasquatch
Ford Bronco Exterior Style SAS BD vs. SAS OBX? FA61D4CC-0377-4914-B022-A238428D7CA7

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

plastic bumpers on OBX where the BD has steel bumpers, rock rails etc. I personally think the BD is the best looking out of all Broncos.
Esthetics wise, Black Diamond is the best looking for sure IMHO. The amber DRLs and the original grille can't be beat. It has the best interior as well, its not all black nor whatever color comes in the WT. OBX has neat interiors as well. Comes down to packages in the end. If you want more than mid you have to go OBX and higher.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Esthetics wise, Black Diamond is the best looking for sure IMHO. The amber DRLs and the original grille can't be beat. It has the best interior as well, its not all black nor whatever color comes in the WT. OBX has neat interiors as well. Comes down to packages in the end. If you want more than mid you have to go OBX and higher.
yup, I REALLY wish I could get just high package on BD as I want the 12 inch screen and 360 cameras. I'm stuck with Badlands headlights/grill and interior I don't care for. I'm crossing finger for high with BD for 2022 but don't have my hopes up.

OP
OP
rodmf

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You pretty much have nailed the differences. Now you need to decide what look you prefer. Especially since price is pretty much the same. Only you can decide that. When you add the Sas package looking at them side by side at a glance, the only differences you will see are the body colored mirros and door handles, grille, bumper and headlights. And side steps vs rock rails.

Personally I prefer the black textured mirros and door handles. First for contrast. Second less worry about scratches with the door handles. Especially if your woman wears rings. And the mirrors will be easier to keep clean and no worry about rock chips.

OBX Sasquatch
Ford Bronco Exterior Style SAS BD vs. SAS OBX? FA61D4CC-0377-4914-B022-A238428D7CA7

Black Diamond Sasquatch
Wow, thanks for lining up the pics. Helps a lot. I live in SE Michigan so I'm going to keep eyes open for the ones I see driving around. Seeing more these days!
Sponsored