Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone come across a solution for changing the grille letters to F O R D?

I'm not interested in the raptor grille. I don't want those giant raptor letters. I'm thinking something more heritage style.

I would consider using the "67 style letters if they fit the space well. But my dream solution would be the exact same style letters that currently say BRONCO, but just FORD.

I'm willing to do some mods (hacking) to the badlands grille to make this work.
Sponsored

EL Señor Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hyundai Veloster N PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless you’re willing to heavily modify your Badlands front grill. I would wait until Ford starts selling the Raptor grill separately or the Heritage grill.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can tell you it'd be easy as cake to have a batch of new letters 3D printed in the same font, couldn't say for sure how easy it is to pull the current letters off the grille.

orange bronco.png

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd just wait for the Heritage grille.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you it'd be easy as cake to have a batch of new letters 3D printed in the same font, couldn't say for sure how easy it is to pull the current letters off the grille.

orange bronco.png
This is exactly what I am talking about . Thanks.

And this is something to work on now; not waiting a year or more for Heritage.

I have the letters off the grill. I only need an F and a D since I have an existing O and R.

I have a few friends with 3d printers, but no one with the expertise to create the files. I also see on this site that people have created and uploaded the font files. I'm going to start trying to create the files for 3d printing, but if you have any insight, please fire away.

Last edited:

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is exactly what I am talking about . Thanks.

And this is something to work on now; not waiting a year or more for Heritage.

I have the letters off the grill. I only need an F and a D since I have an existing O and R.

I have a few friends with 3d printers, but no one with the expertise to create the files. I also see on this site that people have created and uploaded the font files. I'm going to start trying to create the files for 3d printing, but if you have any insight, please fire away.
Hey if someone can get me the dimensions of the existing letters and whatever clip system is being used to fasten them to the grille I'd be happy to 3D model replacement letters and post the files here. Like you said, O and R are already on the board, D is just a tweaked O and F is just a modified B.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey if someone can get me the dimensions of the existing letters and whatever clip system is being used to fasten them to the grille I'd be happy to 3D model replacement letters and post the files here. Like you said, O and R are already on the board, D is just a tweaked O and F is just a modified B.
The clip system is this. The backs of the letters are hollow and they have two posts that stick out an extra half inch beyond the back. Those posts stick through specific aligned holes in the grill. Then, once the posts stick through, it looks like they are blunted over with heat. With heat again, I was able to narrow them up and remove the letters from the grill.

It almost doesn't matter where the posts are because you can drill new holes in the backing on the grill. That's probably easier than trying to line up new posts in the exact same spot.

The letters have a taper to them on the sides. They are a little wider at the back of the letter than on the face. The face of the letters are 3 5/8" wide by 1 1/4" tall. Then at the base or back of the letter, they are 3 3/4 x 1 3/8. I don't know if I'm explaining this well. There is essentially a 1/16" bevel or flare to the letter on each side.

The letters are 1/4" thick.

I can post marked up pictures if this is not making sense. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The clip system is this. The backs of the letters are hollow and they have two posts that stick out an extra half inch beyond the back. Those posts stick through specific aligned holes in the grill. Then, once the posts stick through, it looks like they are blunted over with heat. With heat again, I was able to narrow them up and remove the letters from the grill.

It almost doesn't matter where the posts are because you can drill new holes in the backing on the grill. That's probably easier than trying to line up new posts in the exact same spot.

The letters have a taper to them on the sides. They are a little wider at the back of the letter than on the face. The face of the letters are 3 5/8" wide by 1 1/4" tall. Then at the base or back of the letter, they are 3 3/4 x 1 3/8. I don't know if I'm explaining this well. There is essentially a 1/16" bevel or flare to the letter on each side.

The letters are 1/4" thick.

I can post marked up pictures if this is not making sense. I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Good description of the letters themselves, would be good to see a picture of the back of the letters with the posts just so I can model something that's compatible for sure.

OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty fired up for this now. Here are some pics of the letter removal, the back of the grille with the posts melted over, and the removed letter.

I'm now driving an inverse Type R. Or a BONCO.

Back of the Grille. The white circles are securing the letters.

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20210929_125424

You can see here that I have heated and removed the security tab from the right side of the R.

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20210929_125432

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20210929_130156
Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20210929_130232
Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20210929_130237

BONCO
Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20210929_130830

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright, finished up with the lettering, made two versions, one with pegs and one without, basically had to make up positions for the pegs since I don't have a grille in front of me to reference the position of the existing holes. Fasteners are included but drilling may be required. Posting them in .STEP for opening in 3D software and .STL for going right to the printer.
Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? Ford Letteri

I know I often have issues with scaling when importing files, so just as a reference, the letters are .25" tall, and the letters with pegs are .8" tall with the added length. Hopefully these are good enough to use as is but I can make adjustments if need be.

Ford Logo.step:
Ford Logo with Pegs.step:
Ford Logo.stl:
Ford Logo with Pegs.stl:

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good thread, and I cannot wait to see the results. The pic below is my gradual photoshop of what I would like. Velocity Blue Badlands with Black Diamond grille. Letters modified to say FORD. I used your files from above to create this and I just got rid of the B & O letters on the ends, then covered up the others. Pretty cool look.

1632989113120.png
Sponsored