Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TopRecon. That was fast! I'm going to be out of office for a few days. Hopefully squeak in a little wheeling with my bonco.

I'll get someone printing these things in my absence. But it might be next week before I have results to report back. Thanks!
Sponsored

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TopRecon. That was fast! I'm going to be out of office for a few days. Hopefully squeak in a little wheeling with my bonco.

I'll get someone printing these things in my absence. But it might be next week before I have results to report back. Thanks!
I just wondered if you ever got a chance to try these leters?

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

These grills are so esy to swap out I am hoping the aftermarket will create some pretty nice designes. I prefer to have grill say FORD instead of BRONCO as well.

OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wondered if you ever got a chance to try these leters?
Sorry so slow to turn this around. I have been driving with the missing R for a couple weeks.

My guy doing the 3d printing is flaking out a little bit. -talking 'bout kids' Halloween costumes, etc. I estimate another week and I'll have something to post.

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry so slow to turn this around. I have been driving with the missing R for a couple weeks.

My guy doing the 3d printing is flaking out a little bit. -talking 'bout kids' Halloween costumes, etc. I estimate another week and I'll have something to post.
No problem at all! I was just curious. I printed the letters out last week. I just haven't been brave enough to pull the grille and remove any of the existing letters! Same reasons for my lack of movement, kids. I have 4 girls playing two sports each and a 2 year old....

Sponsored
OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem at all! I was just curious. I printed the letters out last week. I just haven't been brave enough to pull the grille and remove any of the existing letters! Same reasons for my lack of movement, kids. I have 4 girls playing two sports each and a 2 year old....
Oh, cool. You printed the letters? How did they come out?

That's my real question right now. If they letters come out decent, I'm ready to go with the mods.

I also have a lot of other stuff going on, but the minute I get the F and the D, this becomes the only thing I care about. ha ha .

Once I dry fit them, I might try a last tweak before permanently attaching. In an effort to really capture the original look, I might paint the letters with chrome sides and red faces. I guess I could try that now with the B and see how it looks. Sometimes stuff doesn't come out as I imagine.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

this is a great thread glad i stumbled across it - as rhode island red mentioned at one point i’d love to see a version with the Ford letters in the same design as the 1st gen Broncos - silver with red inlays, smaller and less stretched in that original western font

OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just proving concept with rattle cans and painter's tape. But i think we can get something decent with chrome on sides and red face letters.
Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20211021_182040

I'll update soon.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe the OracleLights guys could hook you up with a solution? @OracleLights

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is very informative and giving a bit of a path forward for me if the aftermarket does not produce the type of "original font" grille i seek - maybe could figure out a way to place 1st gen bronco lettering on a straight flat piece that gets inserted somehow where the current lettering is. your project is coming out great, looking forward to seeing it when finished!

OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not posted in a while. I have not finished the project, but I have made some progress. I had a buddy print the F and the D from the file that @TopRecon designed and they are great.

The posts on the new letters are pretty fragile. One broke off of the F from handling. And I think they would have to have a post on each horizontal leg of the F because those things are sticking out loose. And the posts from the O and R (the original letters) are not really re-usable.
I'm thinking just glue the letters to the grille. But that's a permanent deal. A quick search says Testor's model cement is the best for fusing plastic to plastic. But it is a chemical bond, so if you don't like it, you'll be looking at a new grille. btw, some comments on a new grille at the end of this post.

Anyway, the new letters were a little sharper on the edges than the old. I filed them down a little, but it might be easier just to print all new letters for consistency.

Then I painted them with a chrome paint. Chrome spray paint is a pain in the ass to use, but it looks killer. I'm still waiting for it to cure and then I'll mount, and update. Here's some pics.
Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20211101_181839

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20211103_141529
Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20211102_094334

But anyone following this thread, did you see the delfab SEMA build? That grille is the shit. If he printed that grille, I would buy it.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/delfab-bronco-sema-2021-5-jpg.199197

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so I have not done much with this project. I 3D printed the F and D and then I sprayed them chrome color with a can. They look ok in the picture above, but I could not get a finish to hold up. No matter how I cured it, the paint just made a mess when I touched it.

So I have been driving around with the letters removed and I am totally fine with this look.
Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20220308_161821

I just ordered the F, O, R and D from Oracle Lighting. White letters with amber backlight. These look easy to stick on, but now I have to wire them. This will be my first used aux switch.

Next post should say FORD on the front. Will update as soon as installed.

Mrs_Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone have an .svg file of the BRONCO grille letters?
Sponsored