Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just lol'd at the headline when you click the link..... delayed until early 2021.
Wow, what a set back! (More sarcasm)
For the noobs, Broncobronco production has been scheduled for Q1 2021 for quite some time now.
Years maybe???

My opinion would be that marketing screwed the pooch by grouping the Sport in with the BroncoBronco AND by allowing the Sport to go into production first.
It has caused much confusion amongst the general public.
I'm getting all kinds of crap from coworkers showing me the Sport and saying how weak it looks compared to a Heep. :rolleyes::poop:

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought , originally the Sport was going to be built first...way before the Bronco Bronco. This guy, ( who we all probably seen his track record) says we won't see the Sport until the second half of 2021. WUT? Did I miss something or did he?

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought , originally the Sport was going to be built first...way before the Bronco Bronco. This guy, ( who we all probably seen his track record) says we won't see the Sport until the second half of 2021. WUT? Did I miss something or did he?

This guy says the reveal will be in July, but the website remains to say Spring. Spring ends June 20. They have about a month.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just lol'd at the headline when you click the link..... delayed until early 2021.
Wow, what a set back! (More sarcasm)
For the noobs, Broncobronco production has been scheduled for Q1 2021 for quite some time now.
Years maybe???

My opinion would be that marketing screwed the pooch by grouping the Sport in with the BroncoBronco AND by allowing the Sport to go into production first.
It has caused much confusion amongst the general public.
I'm getting all kinds of crap from coworkers showing me the Sport and saying how weak it looks compared to a Heep. :rolleyes::poop:
Exactly this. It was a huge mistake bringing the sport at the same time as the bronco, at least in my opinion. Ford want the bronco to have an image of a Wrangler competitor, but the sport looks to compete with Subaru. They should have let the big Daddy bronco set the tone of the brand first.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should have let the big Daddy bronco set the tone of the brand first.
Lol, this would be the equivalent of hyping the holy hell out of a new Corvette ..... and then roll out a rebadged Cavalier Z24 "Corvette Sport" ..... here you go fellas! ENJOY THE RIDE!!!
:mad::mad::mad: LOL

Don't get me wrong, I'm THRILLED with everything else so far, I just can't grasp the idea of this aspect of the marketing campaign.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Dude is an idiot. 1 Ford website says bronco spring 2020 thats mid June. Not July.
2 he says “bronco sport to start production fall 2020” yet also says “won’t be available till q3 2021???” What is ford just going to sit on it for 10 months? Lmfao. Second half of 2020 available. Like November/December at dealers

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude is an idiot. 1 Ford website says bronco spring 2020 thats mid June. Not July.
2 he says “bronco sport to start production fall 2020” yet also says “won’t be available till q3 2021???” What is ford just going to sit on it for 10 months? Lmfao. Second half of 2020 available. Like November/December at dealers
This guy would be the textbook example of " getting things twisted"

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can't think of anywhere that Ford has formally acknowledge the Bronco Sport. As far as they're concerned, they haven't told us anything exists but the "Bronco family of vehicles", and they're going to keep on officially pretending until they're good and ready to say something. All of this conjecture of them releasing one before the other is based on leaks from a 3rd party vendor that nobody was supposed to see.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't think of anywhere that Ford has formally acknowledge the Bronco Sport. As far as they're concerned, they haven't told us anything exists but the "Bronco family of vehicles", and they're going to keep on officially pretending until they're good and ready to say something. All of this conjecture of them releasing one before the other is based on leaks from a 3rd party vendor that nobody was supposed to see.
Well, since they officially announced production is starting for the Sport is starting in September, there doesn’t seem to be ambiguity about its existence.
Correction, seems it got moved up a week. Now it’s starting production in August. https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/bronco-sport-production-set-to-begin-august-31.1059/

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well, since they officially announced production is starting for the Sport is starting in September, there doesn’t seem to be ambiguity about its existence.
Correction, seems it got moved up a week. Now it’s starting production in August. https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/bronco-sport-production-set-to-begin-august-31.1059/
I can't get through the paywall at Automotive News but it seems like Ford told suppliers, not the public, about the delay, and whoever wrote the article made the connection to the Sport.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't get through the paywall at Automotive News but it seems like Ford told suppliers, not the public, about the delay, and whoever wrote the article made the connection to the Sport.
Pro tip- reader view

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“ The Bronco Sport, F-150 and Mustang Mach-E electric crossover are due in showrooms in the second half of 2020. The Bronco is expected to go on sale in early 2021. Production for the sport to begin Aug 31st”
Sponsored