Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Pro tip- reader view
Oh nice, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Nothing they've officially said has said "Bronco Sport." It has always been "suppliers have been told" or "insider details" or similar language, in these articles. That can all be replaced with "we're not sure, but our best guess is they're talking about the Bronco Sport."

I still haven't seen an official quote or press release from Ford acknowledging the Bronco Sport, but it's all a moot point anyway. It's gonna happen how and when it's gonna happen - all we can do is wait.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the confusion is with the “Sport” designation being confused with the Wrangler. Off-road types are probably familiar with Wrangler trims and at least know the Wrangler Sport is a trim. So they expect Bronco Sport to be a trim like that.... but it’s a different company and a different vehicle line. I still personally think they should call it Bronco II but I assume there’s an apprehension to doing that due to the whole rollover thing.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh nice, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Nothing they've officially said has said "Bronco Sport." It has always been "suppliers have been told" or "insider details" or similar language, in these articles. That can all be replaced with "we're not sure, but our best guess is they're talking about the Bronco Sport."

I still haven't seen an official quote or press release from Ford acknowledging the Bronco Sport, but it's all a moot point anyway. It's gonna happen how and when it's gonna happen - all we can do is wait.
It is a little curious that Ford would not even mention the sport specifically in their “Future vehicles “ tab next to the Bronco... unless, their unveiling does lump them together in that “Bronco brand “ then I get it.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford used sport too. My 96 Bronco Is an XLT Sport. Also the Bronco II was more distinguishable from the Bronco because of the massive size difference. These 2 will be basically the same size compared to the 80s models.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That goes against my experience with just about everyone that has talked to me about it. Mostly regular folks, a few auto enthusiasts.

Maybe I've been too hard on the Ford folks, the confusion probably exists because of shit posting like what I found when I created this thread.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Last edited: