Sponsored

F150, Ford, Rachael Maddow Dont get mad, give it a watch [Off-Topic / Political posts will be deleted - Administration]

How many who viewed this actually watched the video?

• Total voters

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course not every single person can benefit from solar at home, but solar farms are working well in other countries, so there is that.
The solar farms power plants have largely shut down here in the southwest. We spent 10s of billions for nothing. The reflectors and panels get dirty and it’s over. You can’t keep em clean long enough to generate decent power. If you can’t do it in a desert, where can you do it?
Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
The solar farms power plants have largely shut down here in the southwest. We spent 10s of billions for nothing. The reflectors and panels get dirty and it’s over. You can’t keep em clean long enough to generate decent power. If you can’t do it in a desert, where can you do it?
Well they're going gangbusters all over Europe and northern Africa, I admit I don't know enough about the failures in the SW.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
honestly unless this car has a 400 mile range or something that makes it different from other electric cars , ford is wasting money

the tech is not there yet.

They just announced that the new electric hummer is almost 10 thousand pounds with all the batteries it has.
10 k lbs ...😳😳 4 real

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where do people think electric comes from? :ROFLMAO:
Mine comes from the sun. Went from a $4,800 a year power bill to $168 to stay connected to the grid. System was $30k, 33% Tax credit then. Take the savings and it's less than 5 year break even. After that it's just an ATM making me $4,800 a year on today's energy costs, that are going up about 10% a year in FL.

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where did you get your 7 year number?
There are a number of different studies out there. The number fluctuates on the size of the battery, the amount of miles the driver travels annually, and how much renewable energy is used in the power grid available to them.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do we all get to Mars in a green manner when the earth is done?
Water breaks into hydrogen and oxygen. When you burn those two things together it happens to be rocket fuel.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine comes from the sun. Went from a $4,800 a year power bill to $168 to stay connected to the grid. System was $30k, 33% Tax credit then. Take the savings and it's less than 5 year break even. After that it's just an ATM making me $4,800 a year on today's energy costs, that are going up about 10% a year in FL.
Not everyone lives somewhere sunny, so there's that...

anchor!

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a reason why 1 out of 5 EV owners in CA have switched back to internal combustion vehicles:

It only takes a few minutes to fill up an empty gas tank versus hours to recharge a battery in an EV.

The technology (batteries, charging systems) is not there yet for normal usage.

Sponsored

Deleted member 5064

I'm sure this is the way of the auto industry, and that's fine. I just wonder how many electric cars would sell if the Government stopped giving people other peoples money to buy them. Plug in vehicles amount to less than 2% in America, and I'd bet it would be less than 1% if the $7500 from the tax payers wasn't there. IMHO

If all of this green becomes viable it needs to come from the free market. Not the government.
Tesla sells every car they can possibly make and will be selling 5 million cars in a few years and is not eligible for $7500 tax credit

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depending on who you ask...there roof 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hey, it's great if it works out for them, but like I said, not everyone lives some place sunny. The tech and convenience just isn't there yet. I'm not saying it will never be, but it's not yet, and it's not exactly green anyway. Like someone else posted, it's more about feeling like you're doing something, than actually doing something at this point.

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting replies... you can tell who watched the video and who didn't.

The point was if something has better numbers in every category, people will buy it without regard to its green bona fides. Yes, there is a bell curve of people who will adopt or be able to adopt certain technologies like EVs. It's not a silver bullet for every person. Someone in rural WY won't be able to consider one in the next 2 years, no. However, most of the miles driven in F150s are to and from work with nothing in the bed. An EV F150 would handle that with flying colors and need next to no maintenance.

For those saying battery tech isn't there yet or complaining about battery disposal or referencing how power is generated in 2021... we're in version 1.0 right now. 100 years ago planes barely were off the ground. We've got rovers on Mars as you read this. I have zero doubt new batteries, gen4 nuclear plants or some other new tech will come along and change the game in a positive direction.

It's a great time to be alive. Enjoy it.
Sponsored