Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish we had invested in the incredibly limited/conflicted regions of the world so we could've controlled the their precious resources BEFORE forcing everyone into a more "sustainable, cleaner, affordable" mode of transportation. Alas, here is your price so do your part for the environment or something lol.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
The PRO went up $7K!
The tax credit was just approved for $7,500, guess Ford just got a little greedy...

I wanted (not needed) a Pro but seeing this, I'll just get another cheap commuter EV when mine dies.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Must be because the quality of parts is much higher! /s 😆

But seriously that’s even more than national inflation that’s being reported (I know not the real numbers). Almost $10k more per model… seriously hope the bronco doesn’t follow suit
I hope it does...reservation holders are price protected and depreciation for those of us that already took delivery will be non existent.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how long the Ford batteries will last. Replacement and disposal will be an issue in the next decade.

"Green" energy is really not all that green and "cheap" energy is very expensive to create.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Companies may want to rethink because gov is about to add an EV tax credit cutoff of $55k and up cars and 80k for trucks and suvs which they’ve already priced themselves out of for multiple models
If the batteries are manufactured in the US. I believe the Mach E qualifies. I know the Lightning batteries were supposed to be made by a Korean company with a plant in Georgia. Credit is $7500... Kind of close to the $8500 increase Ford is passing on to their customers. Greed is going to bite them at some point. Maybe?

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the batteries are manufactured in the US. I believe the Mach E qualifies. I know the Lightning batteries were supposed to be made by a Korean company with a plant in Georgia. Credit is $7500... Kind of close to the $8500 increase Ford is passing on to their customers. Greed is going to bite them at some point. Maybe?
I just read the new bill passed today for inflation and climate change. They added on new reqs that the minerals have to come from certain countries along with a ton of new stipulations and the consensus from many auto manufacturers is that most all Evs on the market today won’t qualify

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Average car prices are up over 15% compared to a year ago and that type of increase is likely to continue for 2023. Profit per car sold has more than doubled from 2021, lol. It's not just Ford dealers that are getting more for their vehicles.

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/jd-power-lmc-automotive-forecast-june-2022

“The average transaction price for the first six months of 2022 is expected to reach a record of $44,907—a 17.5% increase from 2021. This is partially due to incentive spending per unit, expressed as a percentage of average vehicle MSRP, trending towards 2.4% for the first six months, down from 7.1% for the same time period in 2021.

“Total retailer profit per unit—inclusive of grosses and finance and insurance income from new-vehicle sales are expected to reach first-half record levels on both a per unit and total basis. Profit per unit for the first half of 2022 is trending to reach $4,774, up $2,206 from the same period in 2021, while total profits are expected to reach $27.8 billion, up $9.4 billion from 2021.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just read the new bill passed today for inflation and climate change. They added on new reqs that the minerals have to come from certain countries along with a ton of new stipulations and the consensus from many auto manufacturers is that most all Evs on the market today won’t qualify
Yep, companies have plans to build battery plants in the U.S. but for the new bill just passed by congress, only Tesla currently has the battery manufacturing here that may allow some of their vechicles to qualify for the rebate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/08/business/energy-environment/electric-vehicles-climate-bill.html

From the article:

The problem is that many new electric cars may not qualify for the $7,500 credits. The Inflation Reduction Act sets standards for how much of a car’s battery must be made in North America with raw materials from trade allies. Several car manufacturers and suppliers have announced plans to build battery factories in the United States, but few have begun producing.

“Right now with our lack of capacity for materials, I don’t think there is any product that will meet that today,” Carla Bailo, president of the Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor, Mich., said of the standards. “Tesla is probably close, but the rest of the manufacturers, no way.”

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Elon said his Cybershit truck was going up substantially as well. They pulled their pricing down from the website that was up last year.

All that for a Ford truck that won't tow for more than 30 mins. Lol. Suckers will buy that junk.

Sponsored

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Elon said his Cybershit truck was going up substantially as well. They pulled their pricing down from the website that was up last year.

All that for a Ford truck that won't tow for more than 30 mins. Lol. Suckers will buy that junk.
And now all those who bought these EVs this year counting on the $7500 tax credit won’t be eligible with what congress just passed.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good thing there are tax incentives coming soon for electric vehicles. :rolleyes:

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And now all those who bought these EVs this year counting on the $7500 tax credit won’t be eligible with what congress just passed.

I will keep my 3 vehicles that consistently all get less than 16mpg. Being in O&G I don't mind buying gas/diesel everyday. :cool: