66-77BRONCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello,

Have any of you come from and F150 and have regrets as far as space and capabilities?

I currently have a 2021 crew that I am thinking of trading in on a new 4 door base model. I don't tow and use the bed once in a while.

I always loved broncos. My dad has a 76 and I learned to drive on a 90 when I was 16.
Sponsored

rinconryder

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it depends on your situation. I have an F150 but also two small kids. Luckily I can have both the F150 and Bronco. Having been in a four door bronco there is no way I would trade in the F150 for the Bronco - just not realistic. If it's just you and a significant other I could see doing it. Maybe rent a truck from Uhaul on those rare occasions you need a truck.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really the same, but similar - I used to have a 2015 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. I loved the space inside it, but didn't love the overall length. Like you, I didn't tow with it and rarely used the bed.

I love the Bronco because it still has the larger feel, which I want, but without the overall length. If I need a pick-up truck, I'll ask a family member or friend with one to help me, or I'll rent one... Albeit, extremely rare. Also, from a handling perspective in poor weather (i.e. - Snow/ice) the Bronco handles like a champ. The Silverado was very good as well, but you'd still run into the usual "light backend" concerns, where as with the Bronco, it's much less of an issue.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm about to be in this camp... I have a 2012 F150 Super Crew and 2 kids. We test drove a 4 door Bronco in anticipation of our order being built soon. The cab space didn't bother me, but losing the bed and towing kind of does. I can compensate with a trailer for those longer pieces of wood and if they're really long I'll get delivery I guess. But towing... we're going to downsize our travel trailer to something we can tow with the 2020 Explorer. I can't say I'll be upset about downsizing the trailer as I hate parking those things.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be going from a F150 to a Bronco 4-door and have driven trucks only for at least the last 20 years. I have always wanted a Jeep for the longest time and always admired the classic Broncos. When I found out Ford was bringing back the Bronco, I was all in.

I've gone through this list in my mind so many times as I know I will miss at least some parts of the truck. That said, my current truck is a 2019 F150 Raptor. Something I consider a little more special than a stock F150 and perhaps more different in some ways (wider, maybe a little more power).

Overall, the decision to go with the Bronco is based more on fun factor than anything else. It is going to be what I drive back and forth to work every day. I hardly tow with the truck, I hardly use the bed for much more than golf clubs and when I go hunting. I do plan on getting some type of cargo carrier so I can throw a Yeti cooler on the back since that is something that takes up a ton of space when I do go hunting. Either that, or get a trailer.

I figure if I don't love the Bronco, I can order another truck at any point and the Bronco isn't really going to lose a ton of value right away.

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just went from a 2015 crew cab lariat to a 4dr big bend and so far have no regrets. I live close to Boston though so traffic, parking garages and narrow roads were starting to become a huge annoyance with a vehicle as large as the f150.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

Have any of you come from and F150 and have regrets as far as space and capabilities?

I currently have a 2021 crew that I am thinking of trading in on a new 4 door base model. I don't tow and use the bed once in a while.

I always loved broncos. My dad has a 76 and I learned to drive on a 90 when I was 16.
If your not towing and don’t mind a little extra road noise you are GTG. Went from 3 straight F150s that I loved to my Bronco and it’s awesome (other than towing, where I am royally screwed if my son sells his truck for a Bronco). Oh and drag racing. F150 2.7 was way, way faster 1/4 mile.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,

Aside from the very obvious, needing the bed and the huge space in the super crew I'd say the performance could be an issue. I went to trade in my F150 V8 Platinum for a new Ranger. I loved the look of the Ranger and could deal with the down size but once I test drove it I could not get past the 2.3 engine. So I invested some repair $$ waiting for my 2.3 Bronco - had to have the manual - so I decided I'd keep the F150 as well.

On the flip side, if you're off-roading then maybe the Bronco works better! LOL

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No way I could do that. Like my Bronco, but no way I would of bought it if I had to get rid of truck.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had an F-150 and I don't really miss it. I went and bought a trailer for hauling the few times a year that I do, and I bought my wife an Expedition to haul our travel trailer. I drove the truck because it was practical, I drive the Bronco because its fun and I LOVE it.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2015 f150 crew cab and a 4 door Big Bend. If I had to choose, the Bronco would leave before I got rid of my f150. I rarely haul anything and have never had a receiver in the hitch, but overall.....the f150 is a better all around vehicle, IMO. Hard to beat the 5.0 in the f150 for power and feel. The amount of cabin room isn't even close. Both have a decent ride. On a long trip....not even close. The comfort of the f150 seats is far superior than the Bronco's. Of course the WOW factor of the Bronco, for now, is much higher than a f150.

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a 2018 F150 Crew that I got rid of for the Bronco, no regrets. I didn't use the F150 for "truck" things, never towed and rarely hauled anything. I have a Flex for people moving and hauling, if I get anything too big for the Flex, it'll go in my project 1995 F150. I drove a 2021 F150 for a couple of weeks, it was nice but just didn't do anything for me.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need the truck but don’t need the Bronco…but I had to have the Bronco. So I now have both. My wife’s Jeep Compass is for sale and we’ll decide who’s driving what and when.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it is apples and oranges. Ultimately it depends on your needs more than your wants.
I want a Bronco for fun and because I have always wanted one. A F150 would serve my hunting and wood cutting needs better. I plan to get the Bronco, pay it off and then order a F150. Fortunately I have generous access to my fathers F350 in the mean time. I keep and maintain my vehicles until the wheels fall off so this should get me well into retirement.
Sponsored