Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone out there that has done the Premium Winch bumper with a review?
Sponsored

gemask

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one currently sitting in my garage waiting on some parts for my lights to install it. So far it looks pretty straight forward for the install. I'll be posting a review when I get it installed

OP
OP
xusarmy

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have one currently sitting in my garage waiting on some parts for my lights to install it. So far it looks pretty straight forward for the install. I'll be posting a review when I get it installed
Can I ask what winch and lights your going with? From the pictures I see on Fab Fours website, there is a place for the winch to go. Id like to see if you could tell me what the dimensions are? Im looking at going with a Superwinch XS10. It seems like it will fit. Are you replacing a plastic bumper, or something else?

Thank you,

gemask

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask what winch and lights your going with? From the pictures I see on Fab Fours website, there is a place for the winch to go. Id like to see if you could tell me what the dimensions are? Im looking at going with a Superwinch XS10. It seems like it will fit. Are you replacing a plastic bumper, or something else?

Thank you,
For the lights I went with Diode Dynamics SS C2, with a pair of SAE Fogs and SAE driving lights. I have the Mod bumper currently with no fogs, so I'll be doing the mod to add fogs using the factory harness. and then running the driving lights off an Aux switch.

For the winch, I have the Badland Apex 12k winch, since I got it for a steal of a deal ($450) a couple months ago.. I've come to find out that the dimensions listed on the Harbor freight website are actually incorrect. It's stated to be 21 1/4" wide, but it's actually about 23" and the space between where the frame mounts are is 22 1/2" on the premium bumper.. So I'm going to have to try and modify the premium bumper a push the side plates out but 1/4" on each side.
Ford Bronco Fab Fours Premium Winch Bumper? 279740365_4423976697704888_2800369622849081951_n

As long as whatever winch you go with is less than 22 1/2" wide, you should be fine for fitment.

OP
OP
xusarmy

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you, is there some sort of CAP that goes over the opening for the winch? I think so, and how is that secured, by some bolts? My only question is about getting to the clutch and enabling free spooling. On the Superwinch it pops up a little, but not sure about getting my hand in there to activate it. Thanks for the information!!

Sponsored

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone out there that has done the Premium Winch bumper with a review?
I installed the fabfours premium bumper with the superwinch 10000 SR onto my 2 door 2.7 black diamond that had the capable (steel) bumper and steel bashplate. The bumper and the instructions that came with it were a breeze to follow and install. The only challenge i had was that the superwinch is not symetrical along its width which resulted in the bolt holes in the bumper's winch plate did not align with the holes in the base of the winch. As a result i had to drill out four new holes. After that it was easy-peasy. There is a winch cover that bolts to the bumper with two provided bolts. The Superwinch free spool knob sits inside the bumper but there is a window on the bumper face that allows easy access to the free spool knob. The superwinch comes with both a wired and a remote controller, and a nice sized hook. The provided wires for negative and positive battery connections are plenty long for this vehicle.
The only think i am working on now is lighting. There are mount holes on the top of the bumper as well as windows on each side to accept aux lights.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the fabfours premium bumper with the superwinch 10000 SR onto my 2 door 2.7 black diamond that had the capable (steel) bumper and steel bashplate. The bumper and the instructions that came with it were a breeze to follow and install. The only challenge i had was that the superwinch is not symetrical along its width which resulted in the bolt holes in the bumper's winch plate did not align with the holes in the base of the winch. As a result i had to drill out four new holes. After that it was easy-peasy. There is a winch cover that bolts to the bumper with two provided bolts. The Superwinch free spool knob sits inside the bumper but there is a window on the bumper face that allows easy access to the free spool knob. The superwinch comes with both a wired and a remote controller, and a nice sized hook. The provided wires for negative and positive battery connections are plenty long for this vehicle.
The only think i am working on now is lighting. There are mount holes on the top of the bumper as well as windows on each side to accept aux lights.
I put DD lights in the pockets and on the bumper.
Sponsored