Sponsored

Fabtech 1.5” leveling kit - anyone install it?

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco, 2020 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone install the Fabtech 1.5” leveling kit? Also it doesn’t say on their website if it works with SAS package.
Sponsored

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone install the Fabtech 1.5” leveling kit? Also it doesn’t say on their website if it works with SAS package.
I'm waiting for my bronco to arrive next month. I did email Fabtech about this level kit a while back, and they did say it would work with the SAS package. They say it's the max you can go without causing something to bind. I haven't seen it installed on any broncos yet.

OP
OP

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm waiting for my bronco to arrive next month. I did email Fabtech about this level kit a while back, and they did say it would work with the SAS package. They say it's the max you can go without causing something to bind. I haven't seen it installed on any broncos yet.
Thanks for the info. I also confirmed this with another Fabtech dealer. I will be installing the kit on Friday. So I will post some pictures once completed.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure if they were Fabtechs, but a couple people posted pics of there 1.5" "level kits", and it appeared as if they should be marketed as "mini Carolina Squat" kits.

OP
OP

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not sure if they were Fabtechs, but a couple people posted pics of there 1.5" "level kits", and it appeared as if they should be marketed as "mini Carolina Squat" kits.
I appreciate the info. Pictures can be deceiving when it comes to ride height. Plus this is just a holdover until Carli Suspension releases their Bronco kit. 🤙

Sponsored

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed one on my SAS Big Bend last week. After I lost about 1/4 of height due to the extra weight of my Warn bumper and winch, the front was even more obviously low than when it was stock. The fab-tech lift is sold as being a 1.5" lift, but I got almost 2" of lift with my kit (although I didn't re-measure after the alignment was done.) Not sure if it will settle in and end up 1.5". YMMV. Here's a couple pics of the before and after. They are not the best comparison shots because they weren't taken from the same angle but will give you a general idea if you look at the space in the wheel well. Mine is almost exactly level now and I'm very happy with the results. Very high quality billet aluminum spacers. Install wasn't exactly fun but I saved some money doing it myself and learned a bit about the suspension in the process. I didn't exactly follow Fab-techs instructions, instead I went with the method shown in the video that Stage 3 has posted on installing a leveling kit. (Dropping lower control arm.) Not sure if this method was necessarily better because detaching the lower control arms was a PITA. You'll need a McPherson strut coil compressor to do the job with either method as well as an alignment when you're done. I used some of my ford pass points so didn't pay a dime to have it aligned at my local Ford dealer (Tires Plus wouldn't touch it due to the lane assist/collision avoidance system associated with the steering so the dealer is pretty much your only option.) The dealer did a great job with the alignment. Steers perfectly straight and the steering wheel is perfectly centered.

3CC9DAFC-7C63-4775-B990-0BB7795B53E5.jpeg

A378A0FE-C108-458E-A0A8-D51BA2B55C99.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well I got it installed the other day. It is a noticeable difference. I’m hoping it settles a bit in the front because it measured a bit higher in the front. New 35/12.50r17 Nitto Recon Grapplers are getting put on as I speak.

OP
OP

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I got it installed the other day. It is a noticeable difference. I’m hoping it settles a bit in the front because it measured a bit higher in the front. New 35/12.50r17 Nitto Recon Grapplers are getting put on as I speak.
It will settle and be perfect, congrats

Sponsored

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
has anyone installed these on a 3.73 Gear Ratio Base Bronco yet? want to do 33' inch nittos/ with a 1.5 level kit.

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you guys think it will fit 37x12.5x17 tires using the Sasquatch wheels? I just installed, looks like there is enough clearance. tires look almost too small now.

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can tell the silver wild track is now taller than the blue first edition.

D31CB186-D017-4AB8-B777-503A8B9394F0.jpeg

74874698-0D3E-42F5-9C2D-225DF2E7FEEE.jpeg

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would go with ko2’s given they come in more at 36.5 inches.
Sponsored