Sponsored

Factory Badland rockrails enough to support the weight of the car for hi-lift jacks?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it half? I thought I remembered reading 1.5x the weight of the vehicle being supported on each side.
I thought it was 1/2 because I remember thinking it was funny that it seemed like it was the bear minimum they could get away with.
Sponsored

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

High lifts are meant to be used from the front or back bumper usually solid aftermarket ones, on highly lifted vehicles, not sure I would try on a stock bumpers though. Always cracked me up when I saw them on mostly stock jeeps with the stock plastic bumpers. I had one for my old jeep but I never had to actually use it.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a job for a Hi-Lift
I mean, you could, but I wouldn't trust it when cranking the tire iron. Seems pretty sketchy. Although a hi lift wouldn't lift most lifted trucks high enough to change a tire anyway with the sway bar disconnected because of the articulation.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mcbride tells of his struggles with high lift jacks (good video overall). It’s in #2, but skip to 2:35 to hear his hi-lift jack story.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anybody else reminded of really big chrome bumpers with little rectangular holes in them? :cool: No bottles or scissors to lift them bad boys!

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mcbride tells of his struggles with high lift jacks (good video overall). It’s in #2, but skip to 2:35 to hear his hi-lift jack story.
this video is why i made the thread lol

(actually it was more this one)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is the only use of a hi-lift jack. Never understood people putting big ass jacks in their rig when there are tons of smaller jacks that work great
1616001331199.png
A hi-lift is actually one of the most usable things you can take on the trail...it can get you out of a ton of trouble if you know how to use it. You can lift a side of a vehicle with no access to anything else to lift...can winch with it; lots of ways to use it effectively...but know what you’re doing with it. No other style jack comes close to its versatility and capability on the trail.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this video is why i made the thread lol

(actually it was more this one)

ha, yeah that’s a great video. Confirms my decision to just use the stock scissor Jack and a hand winch for a daily kit

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A hi-lift is actually one of the most usable things you can take on the trail...it can get you out of a ton of trouble if you know how to use it. You can lift a side of a vehicle with no access to anything else to lift...can winch with it; lots of ways to use it effectively...but know what you’re doing with it. No other style jack comes close to its versatility and capability on the trail.
Yep,
Saved me a time or 2. Too bad I gave mine away with my XJ :mad: .
Sponsored