Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looking to install the Baja Designs Foglight kit on my Bronco when it arrives. Trying not to take up three upfitter switches so my plan is to use one upfitter for the two smaller pods on each side and then using a factory fog light switch for the Amber fogs. Since my truck will have the modular bumper I know Iā€™ll have to swap in the switch but was curious to feedback. Couldnā€™t I wire that switch directly to the battery with a fuse and use an inline relay to control it via a trigger from the fog light switch. I would just have to figure how to get the foglight switch power if it doesnā€™t from the factory harness. Thanks!
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking to install the Baja Designs Foglight kit on my Bronco when it arrives. Trying not to take up three upfitter switches so my plan is to use one upfitter for the two smaller pods on each side and then using a factory fog light switch for the Amber fogs. Since my truck will have the modular bumper I know Iā€™ll have to swap in the switch but was curious to feedback. Couldnā€™t I wire that switch directly to the battery with a fuse and use an inline relay to control it via a trigger from the fog light switch. I would just have to figure how to get the foglight switch power if it doesnā€™t from the factory harness. Thanks!
Yes you technically could. What I'm MORE curious about is the factory fog light switch.

So naturally Ford is not going to have a separate assembly line for HD Modular bumper trucks, and have a completely different wiring/dash, right? Soooo the trucks that have the plastic bumper with the factory fogs, they have a fog light switch I assume on the dash, right? What happens with a modular bumper truck? Is the factory fog light switch still there, but does nothing (which is weird) or did they remove it and put a DIFFERENT switch in? And what kind is it? Is there a blank plate there (like on the Tacomas, where they put a blank plate there).

Worst comes to worse you put an aftermarket rocker switch where that blank plate went (or get the factory one somehow, when you can get Ford parts, and wire it in to a relay as you stated). That frees up 1 upfitter since you now use a "factory" location for the fog.

Then you could do what you said, link the 2x S2 pairs to 1 upfitter (or use 2 upfitters so they are on their own, i mean choice is yours really).

The two trucks that stopped by our shop today both had modular bumpers and I never thought to check where the factory fog WOULD go. I should have! Next time for sure.

I actually like where you are going with this. WHY tie up an upfitter for a "fog" light that'll usually be on (on my raptor I always have an upfitter turned on for my fog light, it does seem pointless).

Naturally let us me know when you are ready to pull the trigger on that Baja kit and we'll hook you up

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it is a combo switch that does head lights parking lights auto setting and dimmer for the dash lights and the mirror and fog lights. If you don't have some of those options then those buttons are not on the switch. But maybe the switch can be swapped out as a unit to one that does?

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The headlight switch is different. There's a button in the middle of the knob on fog light units. It's already been confirmed that the wiring for the fogs is there on the Mod bumper.

A new switch and changing a parameter via Forscan is all it should take, but someone needs to be the guinea pig.

B&P shows the difference.

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1630644554655

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1630644605993

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The headlight switch is different. There's a button in the middle of the knob on fog light units. It's already been confirmed that the wiring for the fogs is there on the Mod bumper.

A new switch and changing a parameter via Forscan is all it should take, but someone needs to be the guinea pig.
And we need to wait till someone figures out FORSCANs menu choices as well.

So it sounds like you'd need to swap out the switch is all and possibly enable a feature in FORSCAN to make it work.

Maybe wire it to an upfitter for now and later on come back in and do the OEM fog light switch method , once it's figured out

Sponsored
OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes you technically could. What I'm MORE curious about is the factory fog light switch.

So naturally Ford is not going to have a separate assembly line for HD Modular bumper trucks, and have a completely different wiring/dash, right? Soooo the trucks that have the plastic bumper with the factory fogs, they have a fog light switch I assume on the dash, right? What happens with a modular bumper truck? Is the factory fog light switch still there, but does nothing (which is weird) or did they remove it and put a DIFFERENT switch in? And what kind is it? Is there a blank plate there (like on the Tacomas, where they put a blank plate there).

Worst comes to worse you put an aftermarket rocker switch where that blank plate went (or get the factory one somehow, when you can get Ford parts, and wire it in to a relay as you stated). That frees up 1 upfitter since you now use a "factory" location for the fog.

Then you could do what you said, link the 2x S2 pairs to 1 upfitter (or use 2 upfitters so they are on their own, i mean choice is yours really).

The two trucks that stopped by our shop today both had modular bumpers and I never thought to check where the factory fog WOULD go. I should have! Next time for sure.

I actually like where you are going with this. WHY tie up an upfitter for a "fog" light that'll usually be on (on my raptor I always have an upfitter turned on for my fog light, it does seem pointless).

Naturally let us me know when you are ready to pull the trigger on that Baja kit and we'll hook you up

Sadly itā€™ll be end of October before I see mine if everything goes to plan but I figured it would be similar to the switch in my past Fords, usually it has a button for the fog and if not that area is left blank. So basically get my switch and figure out where the foglight power is. Knowing my luck the foglight wiring is there and just tied up or cut short.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the capable bumper is standard for ā€˜22 BL & BD, I plan on getting that and buying the mod bumper after. That way the fog switch/BCM stuff is already done. I just have to hook the stock harness up to aftermarket fogs

Last edited:

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This whole thread is exactly why I did not get the mod bumper. Itā€™s easier to get an aftermarket bumper and fit lights on it than it is to get an integrated fog light switch that looks/works right after the factory.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This whole thread is exactly why I did not get the mod bumper. Itā€™s easier to get an aftermarket bumper and fit lights on it than it is to get an integrated fog light switch that looks/works right after the factory.

Same here, and the Mod bumper sucks anyway because of the winch solution. The only reason to buy the Mod is to be able to add the full body bash.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like there WILL need to be a Forscan adjustment for those trying to swap in the Fog Light Switch on your Modular Bumper...

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch Screenshot 2021-09-06 204657

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like there WILL need to be a Forscan adjustment for those trying to swap in the Fog Light Switch on your Modular Bumper...

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch Screenshot 2021-09-06 204657
Not surprising, but again if all that is needed is a new switch assembly and a simple parameter change, Ford did us a huge favor.

EZPZ

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not surprising, but again if all that is needed is a new switch assembly and a simple parameter change, Ford did us a huge favor.

EZPZ
Iā€™m not a Forscan expert but wouldnā€™t the easiest way be to look at Forscan on a Bronco with Fogs and swap the values accordingly on the non fog bronco

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m not a Forscan expert but wouldnā€™t the easiest way be to look at Forscan on a Bronco with Fogs and swap the values accordingly on the non fog bronco
That would be the correct way, but you can always save your existing stock profile and do the whole "guess and check" method. For now that's what people are doing, until a comprehensive database of parameters of varying builds become available. That's not going to happen until a lot of people start using ForScan, however.

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That would be the correct way, but you can always save your existing stock profile and do the whole "guess and check" method. For now that's what people are doing, until a comprehensive database of parameters of varying builds become available. That's not going to happen until a lot of people start using ForScan, however.
Sweet, sadly my bronco is scheduled for October 11th so I canā€™t test that theory till then. If anyone else wants to be the test dummy though go ahead! šŸ˜‚ Im
Also waiting for my parts guy to get me a quote on that light panel. Hopefully itā€™s not ridiculously expensive.
Sponsored