Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't justify the cost. My vehicles have always been parked outside and I've never had an appearance problem. She still looks marvelous!
Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TBH I don't know much about paint protection film, so maybe someone who has experience can answer. Wouldn't this film break down over time, turn yellow and develop cracks, becoming impossible to remove without damaging the paint? Is there some easy way to remove old film? I wouldn't mind having protection on the front edge of the hood and on the fenders where the tires kick up rocks. I plan on keeping this Bronco for the next 10-15 years and I can picture the film yellowed and cracked, with no way to remove it.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am going to get paint protection film on my MY 22 Bronco, but not sure if I want to go the Ford route or aftermarket.

$295 is pretty cheap for hood and corner fenders ,but I would also like to add the lower rocker panels. Not sure if I should split the effort (Ford and aftermarket installer) or go all aftermarket.

Thanks for any inputs.
I got the PPF on my '21 and I have to say it was the best $295 I could have spent. It looks great and the coverage is very nice. It wraps the front edges of the hood and side of grille and extends back about 12-14 inches. Here is a picture of it with dust on it before I picked it up. The dust helps see the coverage area. Naturally, when it is clean you cannot see the PPF.
This is done at the MAP Mod Center, not some 3rd party dealer trash.
If you are looking for advice, I am a happy customer.

Ford Bronco Factory Paint Protection Film on MHY22 Bronco: yea or nay for $295 PPF

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
TBH I don't know much about paint protection film, so maybe someone who has experience can answer. Wouldn't this film break down over time, turn yellow and develop cracks, becoming impossible to remove without damaging the paint? Is there some easy way to remove old film? I wouldn't mind having protection on the front edge of the hood and on the fenders where the tires kick up rocks. I plan on keeping this Bronco for the next 10-15 years and I can picture the film yellowed and cracked, with no way to remove it.
Ford actually provides you with documents that explain how it can be removed. I'm no expert on PPF, but it appears to be something you can have replaced if needed.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Austin, the hood, lights, front bumper, and mirrors is $1600. Add front fenders would be $2400 total. Add a-pillars, first 12" of the roof, door cups and door edges would run $3200 total.
I would be interested in where in Austin that is, I wouldn't want the bumpers done, but that price sounds reasonable.

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats what I thought too. And ,like someone else in this thread said, wouldn't the paint fade / oxidize at different rates?

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thats what I thought too. And ,like someone else in this thread said, wouldn't the paint fade / oxidize at different rates?
I think the solution to this is something like the 10 year warranty a company like Xpel offer. If it yellows, cracks, etc they’ll replace it for free including labor. Still, not sure if that’s enough to convince me of the price. I think a new paint job would be about the same price.

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going to get paint protection film on my MY 22 Bronco, but not sure if I want to go the Ford route or aftermarket.

$295 is pretty cheap for hood and corner fenders ,but I would also like to add the lower rocker panels. Not sure if I should split the effort (Ford and aftermarket installer) or go all aftermarket.

Thanks for any inputs.
Aftermarket is my suggestion as you can have a discussion with the installer. Be sure to have your hood edge wrapped when you have it done.

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the solution to this is something like the 10 year warranty a company like Xpel offer. If it yellows, cracks, etc they’ll replace it for free including labor. Still, not sure if that’s enough to convince me of the price. I think a new paint job would be about the same price.
PPF is to protect the paint well enough so you don’t have to get it repainted. And if it gets damaged in an accident your insurance company will pay for it to be replaced. I speak from the installer perspective and I replace these all the time in bodyshops. These are just a couple of reasons to consider it at least.
Sponsored