Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're wondering about Bronco construction, here's what's aluminum vs steel on the 2021 Bronco:

Aluminum:
Hood
Front fenders
Rear fenders
Doors
Tailgate

Steel:
Frame
Floor
Sport tubes (cage) (boron steel)
Thanks for this. Very helpful.

And because of this, I still can't see how they will install the rock rails, steps or any trail accessories that mount below the side door openings on anything but the steel frame.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're both part of the safety feature suite. Adaptive cruise, emergency braking, etc.
Makes sense. Multiple sensor/radar locations would be more effective.
That will presumably be a limiting factor for aftermarket bumpers and accessories, but hopefully the companies producing them will take it into account.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is that a spacer I see in there?

1596041637969.png
Not for the body. That’s how coilover shocks are assembled. They have a rubber bushing at the top where the spring mating surface meets the top of the shock. Body mounts, whether stock or raised aftermarket all have rubber or poly bushings between the frame and body anyway. You can see the body mount bushing between your circle and the website watermark.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2dr body in white.
One song ...BBBBAYYD!
‘Nuf said

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not for the body. That’s how coilover shocks are assembled. They have a rubber bushing at the top where the spring mating surface meets the top of the shock. Body mounts, whether stock or raised aftermarket all have rubber or poly bushings between the frame and body anyway. You can see the body mount bushing between your circle and the website watermark.
yeah that's what I mean. That rubber bushing between the spring mount and top of the shock looks extra thick like that is where Sasquatch suspension is getting it's mild lift from. That is probably a lot thinner on a base model.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So where do you think these production cars are going?

testing vehicles? Showrooms just for demo purposes?

they probably aren’t made to be sold if nobody has put their order in, and reservations / first editions are all custom orders that will be the first customer cars produced
to the scrapyard to be destroyed

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

FYI Many of the questions regarding the top color are related to it not matching the door handles and fender flares. The molded top is currently described as Gray on Ford's site, while the handles are listed as Black. So while it may be that things will look more similar depending on the process you describe, there is some evidence to suggest it's a bit more than that.
There are 2 MIC hard tops floating around. I saw both last week. Spec sheets only list grey right now, but I’m willing to bet you’ll be able to order grey, white, or black when the time comes. No confirmation or inside info, just my hunch.

B8CDD24A-F212-4CE1-9E61-39366EFBE4B1.jpeg

B95B1427-4031-4294-B9F9-21023A4D53A7.jpeg

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yeah that's what I mean. That rubber bushing between the spring mount and top of the shock looks extra thick like that is where Sasquatch suspension is getting it's mild lift from. That is probably a lot thinner on a base model.
That bushing wouldn’t provide any lift. The lift will come from the actual spring. An extra coil or two with a longer shock, in this case the reservoir coilovers from Bilstein.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2 MIC hard tops floating around. I saw both last week. Spec sheets only list grey right now, but I’m willing to bet you’ll be able to order grey, white, or black when the time comes. No confirmation or inside info, just my hunch.
Having all three options, in addition to the painted Shadow Black and body color, would certainly make a lot of people happier.
Hoping your hunch is right.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They're both part of the safety feature suite. Adaptive cruise, emergency braking, etc.
I saw it up close and I can’t tell what it’s for. I assume it’s part of the driver aids, but it doesn’t look the same as others I’ve seen.

08CAFB91-CB13-4DEA-978C-ACB9C11EEBE4.jpeg

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw it up close and I can’t tell what it’s for. I assume it’s part of the driver aids, but it doesn’t look the same as others I’ve seen.

Ford Bronco Factory pics: 2021 Bronco Body In White, Frame-to-Body Marriage (Decking), Test Units, Engine 08CAFB91-CB13-4DEA-978C-ACB9C11EEBE4
That would be the radar for adaptive cruise

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno, give the UAW a cut and they might go for it. Especially if it were based on Screen time. Line worker X was on screen Y hours and gets paid Z bucks. Give them the opportunity to run it like a Twitch channel, then they can interact a bit with the buyers.
I would think that would incentivize them more to try and be on screen and paying more attention to the camera than their work station. I’ll pass on that aspect but it would be cool to be able to have a general view of the assembly line.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have never dated a girl who wanted children - so the chance of kids is extremely low, however, I still want a 4 door. I have car camped in my 4runner multiple times and I'd like the ability to do the same with the Bronco.

Additionally if you want to do some serious adventure weekends, bikes, kayaks, camping and rock climbing the 2dr just isn't going to cut it in regards to cargo.

Further than that I have a big ass hairy husky, being able to have him in the trunk (preventing hair from getting everywhere) and have more than 1 passenger is paramount.

Statistically speaking you have to be in the upper 25% of American wealth to afford a Bronco as a toy... with as impractical as it already is, it just makes sense to get the 4dr and make life a tad more reasonable
Considering I used to camp out of a Triumph Spitfire, and Datsun 240z, I think a 2dr has plenty of volume. Dad’s 2 door early Bronco was equally adept, but my sister and I rode on top of the gear in back. Given today’s safety common sense, a family or 4 or 5 is probably better in a 4dr, but for one or two people and a dog, the 2 dr should be more than fine.