Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We want the four door due to our daughter being ten now but the more I see the 2 door.... if there’s good leg room and easy access to the rear seats, it might be two door for us.
Yeah I hope we can see a demonstration of the 2-door and how far the seats will slide forward soon. Being that the doors are bigger are the 2-door vs 4 I'm hoping there's plenty of room to get in.
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are test units only that will likely be scrapped, accurate trim representation is nowhere on their radar. They’re making sure the chassis takes the body properly for when they’re rolling down the assembly line.
They're doing more than that - they are also testing
Exactly 0% chance the UAW would allow this

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone notice that the spare wheel on the back is different that the wheels on the Bronco? hmmm

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Simple, if you can prevent it, stay a bachelor
I have never dated a girl who wanted children - so the chance of kids is extremely low, however, I still want a 4 door. I have car camped in my 4runner multiple times and I'd like the ability to do the same with the Bronco.

Additionally if you want to do some serious adventure weekends, bikes, kayaks, camping and rock climbing the 2dr just isn't going to cut it in regards to cargo.

Further than that I have a big ass hairy husky, being able to have him in the trunk (preventing hair from getting everywhere) and have more than 1 passenger is paramount.

Statistically speaking you have to be in the upper 25% of American wealth to afford a Bronco as a toy... with as impractical as it already is, it just makes sense to get the 4dr and make life a tad more reasonable

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly 0% chance the UAW would allow this
I bet they would as long as the cameras were fixed and the fields of view known. You could also blinder the work locations from the camera pretty easily.

Sponsored

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Administrator
Talk about a way to increase New Car sales. A lot of goods/services these days are purchased from consumers based off their experience.

I love the fact that Ford is simplifying the ordering process to allow the customer to build it EXACTLY how they want. The "one-size-fits-all" model isn't for everyone, which I think is being proven by how many people are reserving one.

Personally, I have been wanting so bad for my next vehicle to be a Wrangler, until I saw this.... I am hooked! My plan all along was to buy a toy vehicle that I would keep as long as possible. I am currently a 33 year old father of two baby girls and would love to go make some family memories in one of these.

In a perfect world, my new car buying experience would look like this... Order my brand new vehicle either online or in a dealership with ALL the accessories I want. Even a 2" lift if possible. Then, receive an email notification from Ford on the upcoming manufacturing date/time. Then, login to a portal where I can watch my vehicle be made from beginning to end live. Once complete, have to option to download the video for safe keeping. I would then be notified on an estimated delivery window to my dealer so I can plan to go get it.

Talk about an amazing experience that NO-ONE else offers. Customers would have such a sense of ownership that not one customer would even consider their buyer's remorse period. Wouldn't take much either. Just a camera at each station, which we know they probably already have for security purposes, and a temp sensor that goes on your build. The sensor would alert which camera to show you based off its location across the assembly line.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm very glad to see the extensive use of aluminum. Living in Michigan rust is a huge issue, and has destroyed several of my previous vehicles despite rustproofing and religious weekly underbody cleaning during the winter. Losing the all aluminum body was one of my main misgivings about swapping my F-150 for a Bronco.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also, if you dent/bend it...It's DONE. It's crazy strong and light, but once you move it...NOPE. Done.
This is a common misconception of automotive grade aluminum which doesn't seem able to die out.

A skilled (and well equipped, tool wise) paintless dent remover can absolutely work with aluminum. The tools are more expensive, it takes more time and there is a higher chance of it going astray and requiring body work. But it can absolutely be done these days. I've had dents taken out of the aluminum hood on my Mitsubishi Evolution hood, and that was over 5 years ago (somebody lost their load directly in front on the highway).

I think all new techs with Carmedic are being trained to handle aluminum as mandatory. Will inquire with the Carmedic PDR guy who i've used for over a decade to confirm this updated training.

Anyway, back on topic: I'm surprised to see such a stout support structure for the hood! I'm guessing that hood really is rated to hold something as opposed to just holding the skin.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for keeping us updated with photos.

I originally told myself I would be ok with Badlands and 33's...
The more I see 35's I realize I am lying to myself.
Black Diamond with Sasquatch is now a must for me.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a common misconception of automotive grade aluminum which doesn't seem able to die out.

A skilled (and well equipped, tool wise) paintless dent remover can absolutely work with aluminum. The tools are more expensive, it takes more time and there is a higher chance of it going astray and requiring body work. But it can absolutely be done these days. I've had dents taken out of the aluminum hood on my Mitsubishi Evolution hood, and that was over 5 years ago (somebody lost their load directly in front on the highway).

I think all new techs with Carmedic are being trained to handle aluminum as mandatory. Will inquire with the Carmedic PDR guy who i've used for over a decade to confirm this updated training.

Anyway, back on topic: I'm surprised to see such a stout support structure for the hood! I'm guessing that hood really is rated to hold something as opposed to just holding the skin.
Great info!

But I wasn't talking about the aluminum. I was talking about the boron steel. That's why I deleted all the other stuff and bolded the "boron steel" part.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno, give the UAW a cut and they might go for it. Especially if it were based on Screen time. Line worker X was on screen Y hours and gets paid Z bucks. Give them the opportunity to run it like a Twitch channel, then they can interact a bit with the buyers.
Sponsored