Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be that guy.... Technically the alternator is on the right side of the engine on the 2.7. It's on the left if you're looking at it from the front like in the pic, but physically it's on the right side of the engine.
ya, i know. after i posted i had a brain fart. working and forums are starting to blend together. LOL
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear Ford,
Before you destroy those test bodies, could you send one of the two door versions to me to test fit on my early Bronco frame? Just curious...
Thanks,
Eric Watson
Aka, HoosierDaddy

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great info!

But I wasn't talking about the aluminum. I was talking about the boron steel. That's why I deleted all the other stuff and bolded the "boron steel" part.
Ah, I piggybacked in that thread that was growing quite quickly.

How to fix cosmetic damage on your boron roll structure: Put the roof back on and try not to roll the truck over again. :)

Ultimately boron steel isn't "that hard" by industrial steel standards. You'll have to start by buying a spare Bronco in the correct door configuration after it's been totaled. Then you can cut/weld in any piece you want.

That's thinking outside the box! ;)

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So where do you think these production cars are going?

testing vehicles? Showrooms just for demo purposes?

they probably aren’t made to be sold if nobody has put their order in, and reservations / first editions are all custom orders that will be the first customer cars produced

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
in the pic below you see the louvers in front of the inter-cooler .. go ahead ask me .. what are louvers? LOL

and it looks like the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) sensor is in front of the louvers

Ford Bronco Factory pics: 2021 Bronco Body In White, Frame-to-Body Marriage (Decking), Test Units, Engine 1596044409998

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looks like the 2.7l will be a pain for me to work on,not much space in that engine bay(and i work at a dealer so hopefully bulletproof!)
Not much space at all. Let me know if you spy a water pump on there somewheres. I am still searching for the engineer who designed the na 3.5L in my wifes Flex and though it was a good idea to make the water pump internal and drive it off the timing chain. Dumb @ss

Erasmus

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not much space at all. Let me know if you spy a water pump on there somewheres. I am still searching for the engineer who designed the na 3.5L in my wifes Flex and though it was a good idea to make the water pump internal and drive it off the timing chain. Dumb @ss
me too, bad choice

northshoreboarder

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just find it amazing that the more I see of these Broncos, the more I like them. I'm someone that has had LR's, Jeeps, Trucks my whole life and this thing continues to impress me. I think Ford has something special if they can actually build these things and take advantage of the wave that is coming with these models. Jeep and the new Defender are in trouble, and I also like both those vehicles as well, but not near these 2/4 door models of the new Bronco. Very clean.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on these pics, does anyone have a better idea what the black rectangular box in front of the inter-cooler is?
Originally it was assumed to be radar, but that was supposedly discredited as radar is near the rear view mirror.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting these pictures!

I am wondering is this the HD modular bumper that is supposed to be on the BL? Or still some pre production assembly?

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those questioning the top color. When black plastic has a shine it looks more grey. When the tooling has been finalized it will have the surface dulled, either acid ecthing or media blasting. Its pretty interesting to watch the acid create texture. Media blasting just roughs the surface up a bit to make it more uniform in sheen. I spent the better part of a decade working in plastic injection moulding. Tooling for the Chrysler T&C/ dodge GC, current Camaro, previous gen Silverado and GMC Sierra, Lincoln corsair, Toyota Corolla. Plenty of other misc vehicles the we made interior components for. Went back to work a little over a month ago, now permanently laid off as of the 20th. So my purchase date is now in limbo. More than likely, I'll be waiting until I can pick up a used one in 2023ish.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those questioning the top color. When black plastic has a shine it looks more grey. When the tooling has been finalized it will have the surface dulled, either acid ecthing or media blasting. Its pretty interesting to watch the acid create texture. Media blasting just roughs the surface up a bit to make it more uniform in sheen.
FYI Many of the questions regarding the top color are related to it not matching the door handles and fender flares. The molded top is currently described as Gray on Ford's site, while the handles are listed as Black. So while it may be that things will look more similar depending on the process you describe, there is some evidence to suggest it's a bit more than that.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Based on these pics, does anyone have a better idea what the black rectangular box in front of the inter-cooler is?
Originally it was assumed to be radar, but that was supposedly discredited as radar is near the rear view mirror.
They're both part of the safety feature suite. Adaptive cruise, emergency braking, etc.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for posting these pictures!

I am wondering is this the HD modular bumper that is supposed to be on the BL? Or still some pre production assembly?
This is not the modular bumper. I think the only modular bumper we have seen is this one. The badlands will have this bumper minus the upper bullbar thing

Ford Bronco Factory pics: 2021 Bronco Body In White, Frame-to-Body Marriage (Decking), Test Units, Engine 2021 Ford Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and Gladiator Rubicon Modified 3
Sponsored