First Name
Armen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One of my biggest concerns with the car is the tailgate. I feel like over a short period of time a combination of daily driving and off roading will cause the tailgate to sag with that heavy 35" spare tire on it. I hope I'm wrong but someone had already pointed out on another thread that it had formed a body gap because of the wheel weight.
Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of my biggest concerns with the car is the tailgate. I feel like over a short period of time a combination of daily driving and off roading will cause the tailgate to sag with that heavy 35" spare tire on it. I hope I'm wrong but someone had already pointed out on another thread that it had formed a body gap because of the wheel weight.
Doesn't look like it'd be that hard to remove the spare tire rack for something more stable that the aftermarket comes up with.

gdfgsdfgsd.jpg

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wish there was a way to buy photos of your own vehicles build at the plant.
That’s actually an amazing idea. Setup cameras along the line with them triggered as the vehicle hits certain points while tagged with the VIN to later match all the photos taken. Then prepare a package and send them to the new owner once the truck is registered with Ford. Frame them and put them up in the garage.

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So where do you think these production cars are going?

testing vehicles? Showrooms just for demo purposes?

they probably aren’t made to be sold if nobody has put their order in, and reservations / first editions are all custom orders that will be the first customer cars produced
Crash testing I suspect but who knows?

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crash testing I suspect but who knows?
95% of the time pre-production cars get crushed, it would be bad news bears for them to get out to the general public. Lawsuit wise anyways.

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did anyone notice the big red button on the dash? Some sort of kill switch for the prototypes? Seems unusual even for a demo.
F01356A3-59DF-46AA-868A-FCD9AD4E5311.jpeg
Passenger seat eject button, for sure. Pretty sure I saw that in the options list under the Acme package.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't look like it'd be that hard to remove the spare tire rack for something more stable that the aftermarket comes up with.

Ford Bronco Factory pics: 2021 Bronco Body In White, Frame-to-Body Marriage (Decking), Test Units, Engine gdfgsdfgsd
Looks Clean in this Color. I am wondering If the Tire could be removed and Put a Fake Tire Cover while in town so that there would less weight on the Car while driving On-Road and to cover the Big Tire Mount?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Factory pics: 2021 Bronco Body In White, Frame-to-Body Marriage (Decking), Test Units, Engine gdfgsdfgsd
I don't think the rack itself will be the problem, more likely the hinges.
And replacing the rack may not be quite as simple since it includes the rear camera.

Either way, hopefully they did enough testing to make the necessary adjustments.

Rednecker

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2019 GMC AT4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In addition to the questions on why they would be burying the alternator, why would they put it so low when they know this thing is going to be fording through water all the time? What a bummer. This has to be what makes it 33" fording depth. And you can't exactly just add higher breathers on that to increase the fording depth (I was hoping it was tranny or diff breathers that caused/made that limit.) What a shame.

Ford Bronco Factory pics: 2021 Bronco Body In White, Frame-to-Body Marriage (Decking), Test Units, Engine 1596135096674

Ford Bronco Factory pics: 2021 Bronco Body In White, Frame-to-Body Marriage (Decking), Test Units, Engine 1596135431676

Sponsored

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else noticed that none of these initial test units have the 7MT?
THIS yes! I’m going to get a manual however the lack of seeing any in testing, and reading about the class action lawsuit about the Gatrag manual in the Mustang, which Ford used for eight years or something, has me concerned.

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gaps and body panel misalignment are part of the Ford charm. My Mustang came new with misaligned trunk and some minor paint damage due to panel rubbing and one of my rear fenders is sagging a bit. Initially I was upset but my Mustang told me if I can't handle her at her worst I don't deserve her at her best so I dropped the issue.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally understand that some users on this board are opting for a 4 door due to family constraints, additional sleeping area etc., but man the proportions on that 2 door are unreal.
I know man. It's going to be a struggle for me. I'd love to have more room for gear and home depot runs, but everytime I see a 2-door... It looks just right! Ugh, I might switch. It's mostly just myself and my daughter anyhow.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know man. It's going to be a struggle for me. I'd love to have more room for gear and home depot runs, but everytime I see a 2-door... It looks just right! Ugh, I might switch. It's mostly just myself and my daughter anyhow.
Perhaps a feasible solution to those w/ 2 reservations is to buy two 2dr base Broncos and trailer hitch them back to back Broncocentipede style.

Boom - room for the whole squad and you’re only spending the cost of one FE.
Sponsored