mC.242

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Pathfinder
Clubs

I'm going to make a really unpopular statement, but I think the 2dr Sasquatch looks ridiculous. I'm sure it's a great off-road rig but just not for me. The Badlands with 33's is perfect for the 2dr. The 4dr look more proportional with Sasquatch though. Don't @ me.

Advertisement

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Toyota FJ40, 1989 Toyota Pickup, 1998 C5 Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
As an FE holder, I thought it was going to be washout. I thought the spec sheet labeled it as such, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You know what else I keep thinking? Why is carpet in vehicles anymore any? Why are carpeted mats a thing? Why aren't all vehicles given all-weather floormats as standard? Carpet doesn't look that good and I can only imagine it mattering if you're barefoot. And how often is that happening?

I dunno. I think in any car, you'd want it to be as easily cleanable as possible given it's a thing that lives in the elements. And this one, specifically, has a detachable roof and is made for the outdoors. Feel like I'm on crazy pills over here.
1610569102324.png

OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2021 Bronco Owner
As an FE holder, I thought it was going to be washout. I thought the spec sheet labeled it as such, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You know what else I keep thinking? Why is carpet in vehicles anymore any? Why are carpeted mats a thing? Why aren't all vehicles given all-weather floormats as standard? Carpet doesn't look that good and I can only imagine it mattering if you're barefoot. And how often is that happening?

I dunno. I think in any car, you'd want it to be as easily cleanable as possible given it's a thing that lives in the elements. And this one, specifically, has a detachable roof and is made for the outdoors. Feel like I'm on crazy pills over here.
My Merc doesn't have carpet. It's all rubberized! I know no really the topic. But being luxury driven. It's got things covered and I'm always out about about getting dirty.

IMG_20210113_142005773.jpg

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.MattBostonDesign.com
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Clubs

Man, I swear, at one point in time, it said rubberized with mats. SOMEONE COME TO MY RESCUE. I seriously feel like I'm on acid.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Clubs

As someone who works in construction... I completely agree. I SWEAR I read or heard somewhere that all bronco's get drains but only the rubberized flooring has active drains/plugs... whatever that means.

Big Island Bronco 🏄♂️

First Edition
First Name
Big Kahuna
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Man, I swear, at one point in time, it said rubberized with mats. SOMEONE COME TO MY RESCUE. I seriously feel like I'm on acid.
I GOTS YOUR BACK BUDDY 😉. Here are my screenshots from July 13 for the Fi
8217E24B-0149-4BFD-A1E8-3C7DE6AB0E9B.jpeg
rst Edition, and yes rubberized flooring was part of the package hence the reason why I ordered one!

BE65D8CB-1C26-4598-8ED9-CE2ACC52A1BC.jpeg

A1D85ACD-06D5-4680-B648-EC11C63E9E41.png

B4EB5970-44FB-4074-A905-1A2046D20326.jpeg

redflipppper`

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 f250
All I can say is that the vitriolic posters a few months back were absolutely right!!!

I stand corrected and with egg on my face.

Ford absolutely cannot figure out how to make black plastics. Everything is mis-matched. Ford has lost me. Ford has lost their comprehension of how to build a vehicle. People on forums know more about making products than this massive global manufacturing company.

AM I RIGHT!!!!!!!!

Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 10.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 5.jpg

Uhhhhh, wait. Everything seems to match as they get these ready for manufacturing a hundred thousand units a year.....

Okay, I rescind my previous statement. All the people bitching and moaning on here months ago were wrong. Who would have guessed? Certainly not the people who said "why don't you wait until Ford starts production to complain".

Anyway, on topic, Lightning Blue is such a beautiful color. Really glad we have a Lightning Blue Ranger in our driveway as I would be super upset at only having access to VB for Bronco.

flaps 2.jpg
Need to change their plastics formula and compounds. Need more carbon/pigment to make it look black instead of charcoal. Several others plasti manufacturers out there.

Mattwings

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Stig manage to snap more of the Lightning Blue First Edition, I realized got a good look yesterday but def can't go wrong seeing more...Right?! Good pic of the AUX switches...

Also included a Race Red Black Diamond. It's got a soft top and the upgraded wheels! Good look and fender and wheel! Rear section of the tailgate open with Soft top..

Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 1.jpg
Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 2.jpg
Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 2 copy.jpg
Navy Pier Interior Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 2.jpg
Navy Pier Interior Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 3.jpg
Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 4.jpg
Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 5.jpg
Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 6.jpg
Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 7.jpg
Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 8.jpg
Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 9.jpg
Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition Bronco 2-Door 10.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 1.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 5.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 2.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 3.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 4.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 6.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 7.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 8.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 9.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 10.jpg
Bronco Race Red Black Diamond 4-Door 11.jpg
Thanks for sharing! Cool seeing another BD color and the optional wheels after seeing the Silver with Steelies in person this weekend.

OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2021 Bronco Owner
Thanks for sharing! Cool seeing another BD color and the optional wheels after seeing the Silver with Steelies in person this weekend.
Welcome! I hope you see more out in the wild. Btw did you ever catch the driver?!

mcalpal

First Edition
First Name
Patrick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring; white/gray interior
Clubs

That's what I remember hearing, that it would have removable carpet over the washout flooring with the active drains. I just wrote off the equipment listing as a misinterpretation.

As someone who works in construction... I completely agree. I SWEAR I read or heard somewhere that all bronco's get drains but only the rubberized flooring has active drains/plugs... whatever that means.
All of them have passive drains and apparently only BD and BL have the active drains. I believe you have to open some plug or something for the passive drains to function.

Rick Astley

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
Need to change their plastics formula and compounds. Need more carbon/pigment to make it look black instead of charcoal. Several others plasti manufacturers out there.
Not going to happen. Pure black plastics had their day in the sun during the late 80's and early 90's.

You don't see many of them around as the plastics faded badly and minor impacts caused too much distortion in the plastics. For automotive purposes, there won't be pure black plastic from molded components again. Vinyl suits it's purpose as a decorative covering when pure black is needs to look weathered in a few years.

Advertisement

Advertisement