Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure the interior designers are nice people and mean well, but I’m just baffled by their fumbling of this project. Unlike the rest of the vehicle design, they make no effort to pay homage to the Bronco legacy with the interior. Sure, it should be modern and push the boundaries of technology, but it’s almost like they designed the interior as an isolated/siloed team with no exposure to the exterior design team. Just trying to find Eason where there is none I guess haha.
Sponsored

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tires look good - good for pavement without trashing front end parts - good enough for serious trails.
Rock rail is OK. Add hang out frame mount rail below (to step in - frame is 6 inches lower so you don't really loose clearance) and you are ready to crawl and commute.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some pictures of Area 51 look terrible. This is one of them.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure the interior designers are nice people and mean well, but I’m just baffled by their fumbling of this project. Unlike the rest of the vehicle design, they make no effort to pay homage to the Bronco legacy with the interior. Sure, it should be modern and push the boundaries of technology, but it’s almost like they designed the interior as an isolated/siloed team with no exposure to the exterior design team. Just trying to find Eason where there is none I guess haha.
I think the controls under the screen pay homage to the early bronco controls. I do agree that they could have done a lot more though.

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't rain on my parade... we have standards to uphold here at Bronco6G. Overreacting and starting threads to complain a-la-carte builds aren't being done is SOP
Personally, I think many of the complaints are completely legit. We are talking about a $50k-$65k vehicle in many cases. That is not chump change for most of us. It is a significant investment. The one I priced out initially that I wanted is $60k. I expect alot more for that kind of investment and for that amount of money, I have alot of other opportunities to choose from which is why I am leaning in the direction of canceling.
I dont like the thought of settling for MIC off color or unpainted top, single color or off-color interiors, and other options because Ford's "landing on the runway" (aka product launch) could not successfuly connect the dots of what they previously showed. I have a ton of experience in the Automotive industry personally and frankly, I consider Ford's procurement leadership and supplier relationships to be a train wreck. The interested buyers who have patiently waited for the "legend" to return have had a front row seat to this. (Please don't bring up Covid. Again - I'm in the industry and I can see what can be accomplished and what can't).

I really dont think the 6D community is "bitching" - Frankly, I think they want Ford to LISTEN. Find a way with suppliers to fix the Hard Top issue, the dual top option issue, the single interior color and off-color interior issues. These items can be fixed. If they can't be quickly remedied via discussions with the suppliers...you have the wrong suppliers.

Ford has shown products and mentioned options to the community for quite a while and the community has gotten excited about their options. We all put Broncos together in different ways, but we do that based on what we have seen from Ford in their promotional videos and releases. Ford has subsequently removed many of those (interior, tops, options, etc...) opportunities and it has deflated the hopes of many. I am one of them.

Last edited:

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I think many of the complaints are completely legit. We are talking about a $50k-$65k vehicle in many cases. That is not chump change for most of us. It is a significant investment. The one I priced out initially that I wanted is $60k. I expect alot more for that kind of investment and for that amount of money, I have alot of other opportunities to choose from which is why I am leaning in the direction of canceling.
I dont like the though of settling for MIC off color or unpainted top, single color of off-color interiors, and other options because Ford's "landing on the runway" (aka product launch) could not successfuly connect the dots of what they previously showed. I have a ton of experience in the Automotive industry personally and frankly, I consider Ford's procurement leadership and supplier relationships to be a train wreck. The interested buyers who have patiently waited for the "legend" to return have had a front row seat to this. (Please don't bring up Covid. Again - I'm in the industry and I can see what can be accomplished and what can't).

I really dont think the 6D community is "bitching" - Frankly, I think they want Ford to LISTEN. Find a way with suppliers to fix the Hard Top issue, the dual top option issue, the single interior color and off-color interior issues. These items can be fixed. If they can't be quickly remedied via discussions with the suppliers...you have the wrong suppliers.

Ford has shown products and mentioned options to the community for quite a while and the community has gotten excited about their options. We all put Broncos together in different ways, but we do that based on what we have seen from Ford in their promotional videos and releases. Ford has subsequently removed many of those (interior, tops, options, etc...) opportunities and it has deflated the hopes of may. I am one of them.
(y)
Sounds good. I'm looking forward to a thread about it
Sponsored