Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw, in a leaked list of "allowable" and "excluded" options per trim level, that there are options for "Paint Protection Film" and "Paint Protection". Anyone know if the factory PPF is any good? What brand film is Ford using from the factory?

I was going to have the dealer leave all plastics and covers on the vehicle for me so that I can polish, PPF and coat it myself when I get it home. But if i can get a good PPF installed from the factory I may go that route and save the time.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did the front half on my wife's 2020 Explorer ST and I want to clear wrap the entire Bronco. If this is a factory option, that would be great.

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
does the PPF protect the paint from UV ?

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, I wouldnt get the factory treatment. Even if the film is decent quality the paint finish itself is always "fishy" (fish-eyes, swirls etc) and putting film over that just preserves the poor appearance. For me, its worth the extra effort (or service provider cost) to get a Paint Correction done first that brings the finish to near immaculate. Then apply aftermarket film or even a ceramic treatment. That's what I'll be doing anyhow.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a local XPEL dealer that does really great work so its going there for PPF
Sponsored