Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's a start, but requires welding or a shit of of drilling in the frame. Unfortunately there may be no way around this with the Bronco for frame mounted sliders.
I'm looking hard at these Go Rhino DSS Extreme for my Black Diamond....I emailed back and forth with Go Rhino, and the rep said this was the closest thing they have to something that is like a rock rail and a step....obviously they bolt to the body in place of the factory....so it's not true frame mounted rock rail....

but, I'm new to all of this, and I'm wondering what people in the know think about these as far as functioning as good as the factory rock rails? Think they are just as good as factory (as a functioning rock rail)?

I'm probably never gonna slide on rocks with the full weight of the Bronco, and really desire the look of a running board/step more.....but, just wondering... if that day ever came, would these work as well as my factory BD rock rails?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dss4129t-go-rhino-black-dominator-extreme-dss.html

Ford Bronco Factory Rock Rails or Wait for Aftermarket Rails + Steps Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.07.38 AM

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Found some cool ones online. $250.00 but will require some welding. I have plasma and welder. Great universal solution for 2D but requires some fabrication. For 250. Sign. Me. Up. I've had to fab more complicated stuff.
Can you post a link to the ones you found? Steel prices are nuts right now so that's not bad. My friend just built sliders/steps for his truck and the local place wanted $7 per foot for 2" ERW tubing and $18 per foot for 2" DOM 🤯

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking hard at these Go Rhino DSS Extreme for my Black Diamond....I emailed back and forth with Go Rhino, and the rep said this was the closest thing they have to something that is like a rock rail and a step....obviously they bolt to the body in place of the factory....so it's not true frame mounted rock rail....

but, I'm new to all of this, and I'm wondering what people in the know think about these as far as functioning as good as the factory rock rails? Think they are just as good as factory (as a functioning rock rail)?

I'm probably never gonna slide on rocks with the full weight of the Bronco, and really desire the look of a running board/step more.....but, just wondering... if that day ever came, would these work as well as my factory BD rock rails?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dss4129t-go-rhino-black-dominator-extreme-dss.html

Ford Bronco Factory Rock Rails or Wait for Aftermarket Rails + Steps Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.07.38 AM
I don't think they'll function nearly as well as the OEM rock rails because you have greatly increased the lever arm (and therefore the pressure on the mounts). YMMV.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think they'll function nearly as well as the OEM rock rails because you have greatly increased the lever arm (and therefore the pressure on the mounts). YMMV.
Ok thanks....well, I guess I have to keep looking.....I never thought it'd be this hard to find something that functions as great rock rail but ALSO gives me a running board look......I'm just not a fan of the stirrups that attach....

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fun-Haver is coming out with frame mount sliders. Ive been patiently waiting for their stuff to become available. Hopefully soon.

https://www.fun-haver.com/pages/fun-haver-bronco

They have a preview pic of them but you can't see them so great. Looks like it could be a step as well.

I'm also looking to get their rear coil over skids.
Ford Bronco Factory Rock Rails or Wait for Aftermarket Rails + Steps pf-1d095036--Rubicon8_500x

Someone on here has custom made frame mount sliders and they said they only used existing holes in the frame. They said to PM for pricing.

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fun-Haver is coming out with frame mount sliders. Ive been patiently waiting for their stuff to become available. Hopefully soon...

They have a preview pic of them but you can't see them so great. Looks like it could be a step as well.
Here's a video of the Fun Haver Bronco sliders. Linked to the overview, but if you watch the whole video you'll see them in action.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you post a link to the ones you found? Steel prices are nuts right now so that's not bad. My friend just built sliders/steps for his truck and the local place wanted $7 per foot for 2" ERW tubing and $18 per foot for 2" DOM 🤯
: Trail Gear
4.3 out of 5 stars 8Reviews

Trail Gear ROCK SLIDER KIT 120001-1-KIT

Need rig to come it to get actual measurements. Leaning here tho.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm not a mechanical engineer, but that's my exact thought.

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Rocky Road Outfitters also makes some serious rock rails. They're not out yet for the Bronco, but I've had a set on my Grand Cherokee for years and they're no joke. Easily holds the whole weight of the Jeep.

Ford Bronco Factory Rock Rails or Wait for Aftermarket Rails + Steps 20211122_180003

https://www.rocky-road.com/new-ford-bronco-rock-sliders.html

I'm really looking forward to seeing their offering for my Bronco.

Sponsored

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

They absolutely will. Every set of sliders I’ve ever had mounted like this. They have to extend to the frame. That's the point.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They absolutely will. Every set of sliders I’ve ever had mounted like this. They have to extend to the frame. That's the point.
The reference was to the Go Rhino running boards and whether they would act as sliders.
Are you saying that they will?
REAL frame mounted rock rails are an entirely different discussion.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The reference was to the Go Rhino running boards and whether they would act as sliders.
Are you saying that they will?
REAL frame mounted rock rails are an entirely different discussion.

Ok, no then. Lol, sorry I meant real rails. I've been scanning here looking for an option that is frame mounted. The OEM ones don't give me confidence.
Sponsored