Sponsored

Factory Roof Rack- does it make it harder to remove top?

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2 door has been built! ETA 7/25. I have factory roof rails- do they make it difficult to remove the hardtop?
TIA,
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, you have to take it off to get the top off. I can take it off in about 5 minutes!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not more difficult, just additional time to remove it in order to get to the top. First time, it takes about five minutes to remove the rack.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believ you can remove the front panels with the rack on, But if you want to take the rear shell off, you have to remove the rack because it's attached to it.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the factory roof rack on a 2-door. While I haven’t taken the full top off, I’ve taken the front panels off many times. It’s tight but it can be done. I would prefer taking the front panels off without the roof rack as I’m worried that the tops or the painted areas will get scratched from the maneuvering. Just my .02.

9100toZero

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believ you can remove the front panels with the rack on, But if you want to take the rear shell off, you have to remove the rack because it's attached to it.
I have 4 door with hard top and factory roof rack. The front seat roof panels are definitely removeable but ya got to negotiate the clamp and slide roof back an inch or two to clear the rack and opening. I VE done it a couple times. Much easier with roof rack off (currently).

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not more difficult, just additional time to remove it in order to get to the top. First time, it takes about five minutes to remove the rack.
Can you remove the roof rack and drive around without worrying about rain getting in any mounting holes? Im considering ordering the factory roof racks and only putting them on when needed.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you remove the roof rack and drive around without worrying about rain getting in any mounting holes? Im considering ordering the factory roof racks and only putting them on when needed.
The factory roof rack leaves no mounting holes on the top. It clamps to the cutouts on the side. The front mounts to the accessory mount above the windshield and comes with the caps in the glove box. I took mine off after the first day and hung it on the wall of my garage. I just pop it on when I'm loading out to go hunting. Pretty simple.

Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The factory roof rack leaves no mounting holes on the top. It clamps to the cutouts on the side. The front mounts to the accessory mount above the windshield and comes with the caps in the glove box. I took mine off after the first day and hung it on the wall of my garage. I just pop it on when I'm loading out to go hunting. Pretty simple.
Perfect, that's exactly what I am planning as well. Thank you

9100toZero

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have 4 door model. The 2 front panels are removable but it takes a little finesse. There is a centering pin on the top and a corresponding receiving hole on the truck. You edge the panel towards rear and gently walk the centering pin around the receiving hole and the once cleared the panel slides right out.
Sponsored