Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are sticky under the the triangular bolt. I had one side that dropped down and out of the way, the other needed some prying to break free and slide down and out. keep wiggling it with a bit of screwdriver prying and it will work.
Did you separate the rack from the rubber liner with the screwdriver? Is that how yours separated?
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
So here is what the clamp looks like on the underside. First time I removed it I took one bolt all the way out. I'm sure that is not the intent but I just reattached it. Watch spinning the barrel nut as I think it only goes one way. It's better to keep it attached.
It actually gets easier after the first few times.
You don't need to remove any crossbars. I remove the front mounts and cover the windshield and MIC roof at the front before doing the rear clamps.
I loosen both sides and then shift it to one side and put a small wood shim to keep one clamp from reengaging the MIC.
Follow the torque settings for all bolts. The rear clamp tool is preset and will click once and reset.

Ford Bronco Factory roof rack removal from MIC RACK CLAMP -2.JPG

RACK CLAMP.JPG

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A different issue I have with the same video - I have the factory roof rack - but I cannot remove the front panels with the rack installed. Even after opening the locks/clips and then folding the front back up - the panel still gets caught on that front clip bracket. The locator pin is what gets caught.
I’ve successfully done this, even with the Bimini mesh sunshade installed as well. It’s not easy, but it’s possible. You have the right approach with the clamp, you just have to bring the panel in at an angle IIRC.

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats help
So here is what the clamp looks like on the underside. First time I removed it I took one bolt all the way out. I'm sure that is not the intent but I just reattached it. Watch spinning the barrel nut as I think it only goes one way. It's better to keep it attached.
You don't need to remove any crossbars. I remove the front mounts and cover the windshield and MIC roof at the front before doing the rear clamps.
I loosen both sides and then shift it to one side and put a small wood shim to keep one clamp from reengaging the MIC.
Follow the torque settings for all bolts. The rear clamp tool is preset and will click once and reset.

Ford Bronco Factory roof rack removal from MIC RACK CLAMP.JPG

That's helpful. I'll give that a shot on my next reattempt! Thanks.

Sponsored

Maize27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RACK CLAMP.JPG
Thats help

That's helpful. I'll give that a shot on my next reattempt! Thanks.

RACK CLAMP.JPG
This is definitely helpful. I've struggled with the rack a couple of times now with a lot of four letter words involved. I'm hoping it will get easier to remove as time goes on.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I find that you have to till / lift and close the latch. Next move it to the back and to the outside slightly to clear the front latch. Then work it all the way out.
@Broncolli Did this work for you?

Has anyone tried removing the second panel with the rack still on? I understand ypu can't do it with the rack fully installed, but it would be nice to only have to detach the fronts and loosen the rear clamps to gave the clearance for this. As opposed to completely removing it.

auburnduke

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had the same issue. Did the attached to loosen the back clips. Worked pretty well. Just pulled down on both sides.
Ford Bronco Factory roof rack removal from MIC IMG_8767

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Old thread, but me too. Took my rack off so I can take my middle panel out and I could not get the thing to come off. Felt like an idiot. Finally got so frustrated I just started yanking on those stupid clams and they finally let go!

I had even backed one of the screws out so far (thinking it wasn't loose enough) the thing came apart on me.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Old thread, but me too. Took my rack off so I can take my middle panel out and I could not get the thing to come off. Felt like an idiot. Finally got so frustrated I just started yanking on those stupid clams and they finally let go!

I had even backed one of the screws out so far (thinking it wasn't loose enough) the thing came apart on me.
Did it go back together after?

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Same, that clip/clamp you have to just push it down and then it will clear. It will be obvious once it is pushed down and not attached.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did it go back together after?
Yeah... Once I got the rack off, I could see the long bolt, how it worked, And there's a little "retainer" If you can call it that, that's supposed to help you know you've backed out far enough. I just had to put that retainer back on the threads.

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

(35) 1/2 Turns on each side is enough to drop the clamps to remove the top, and not too many turns where the triangle bolt spins loose from the barrel nut on the other end.

Sodbuster88

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Lariat, 2023 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok maybe a stupid question, but why remove the racks? If it’s in order to lift the back top cap off, can’t you unbolt the front, leave the back of the rack section clamped to the top then fix/jig the “dangling” fronts of the rack to the front edge of the back roof cap. Use the rack as your lifting rig to winch off?

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, it’s a valid question. I’ve had the rack off/on multiple times and just happen to be re-installing at the moment. The reason I don’t think it will work is that the front roof rack mounts need to move forward about 1/4” due to the angle of the mounting studs to remove while the clamshell can only move straight up due to the B pillar.

I suppose it might be possible to lift the clamshell a couple inches to clear the pins and get enough play to get the front rack mounts off but I’m not willing to try it. Plus, aligning 8 points with the additional weight going back on might be a beach.

Ford Bronco Factory roof rack removal from MIC IMG_5089

Ford Bronco Factory roof rack removal from MIC IMG_5090
Sponsored